Windows 10: First boot issues

Discus and support First boot issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I start my PC I some get either one of these error messages straight after post - "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarthVader911, May 19, 2016.

1. First boot issues

If I start my PC I some get either one of these error messages straight after post - "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum" or "BTmanager corrupt or missing"

I then reset my pc and it boots windows fine with no issues.

I've tried differant SATA cables, sata port, eventually replaced hard drive thinking old drive had bad sectors but this failed to help.

What is strange the problem only occurs a few days after doing life upgrade from Windows 8.1

Totally stumped with the problem.

:)

DarthVader911, May 19, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User
    neilpzz, May 19, 2016
  3. jr283 Win User
    usb first boot

hi can anyone tell me if I make my pc to boot from usb first I take it, it if my usb isn't visible i.e not in port will it then still find the next boot order in my pc? I have the Lenovo miix 310 101 CR thanks

jr283, May 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

First boot issues

Sounds to me like you have a Bit Torrent program that is starting up automatically and attempting to establish either uploading or downloading a torrent file.

NavyLCDR, May 19, 2016
  5. No no torrent apps installed. Message appears straight after bios mem test.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I'll have to look when I get home to see if I have btmanager files on my computers at home. Maybe somebody else will come along that knows what it is.

NavyLCDR, May 19, 2016
  7. Think im being miss understood. By Btmanager i mean BootManager file

8. bro67 Win User

First boot issues

You posted BTManager in your first post. That is what those helping you out will go by.

If it is Bootmanager, then it is possible that your hard drive may be the problem.

bro67, May 20, 2016
  9. This is the second drive doing this. This drive being a month old. Thats why ive tried new sata cable and port

DarthVader911, May 20, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    How did you install Windows on this second drive? Was it a clean install from a USB flash drive/DVD or was it a clone or image from the first hard hard drive?

NavyLCDR, May 20, 2016
  11. I cloned Win 8.1 (working flawless) to new drive, this then ran for about 2 months before I upgraded to Win 10 (online upgrade) this ran okay for about 30 powerups and then started giving issues. This is when I thought the drive could be faulty, so I bought anouther 1Tb WD drive cloned the Win8.1 image again, and did online update to Win 10. This time problem started after about 15 power ups.

I use the term Powerup as the PC is solely used for gaming over weekends

12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you tried refreshing the UEFI (BIOS) especially if there is an update?

NavyLCDR, May 20, 2016
  13. First boot issues

No, will look into it.
    It's almost like the drive(s) boot to slow for the motherboard posting - and by doing second reset the drive has spun up to speed and BIOS is able to read Boot file (probably sounds crazy)

14. dalchina New Member
    It sounds like you may benefit from disabling Fast Startup in Power Options, although if that does help, there may be some underlying problem.

dalchina, May 20, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    The hard drive spins up as soon as you turn on the computer. It can be the motherboard that is the problem or the SATA cable.

The Bios does not read the Bootloader. As soon as the bios has a POST with no errors, it hands off to the CPU to trigger the hard drive to start loading from the Boot Sector in the MBR to start the OS boot process.

If you are installing a prior version of Windows then Windows 10, that is the problem.

Once you have installed and activated windows 10. You only need to install it on a properly formated hard drive.

bro67, May 20, 2016
Thema:

First boot issues

1. First boot issues - Similar Threads - boot issues

2. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  3. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  4. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  6. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  7. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  9. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  10. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware