Windows 10: First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL

Discus and support First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago, I installed a new Samsung 970 pro NVME m.2 drive and some Corsair Vengeance RGD Pro DDR4 RAM, and since then, when I power my PC on in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rasmorak, Mar 10, 2020.

1. First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL

A few days ago, I installed a new Samsung 970 pro NVME m.2 drive and some Corsair Vengeance RGD Pro DDR4 RAM, and since then, when I power my PC on in the morning, it will BSOD anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours after it cold boots (I shut down every night, and have hibernate/sleep disabled). When it throws the BSOD and then auto restarts, I have zero problems with it at all for the rest of the day.

I've gone through quite a few troubleshooting steps in the last 24 hours or so, including pulling the RAM and testing each stick individually with no errors reported. I've also run sfc /scannow and I've run chkdsk on all of my drives just to check, as well as ran them through crystaldisk with no errors or trouble. Here's my latest dump from this morning. So far, every BSOD has been the classic DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the culprit driver so far has been dxgmms2.sys (which I understand to be a display driver), and I've been on the most recent driver for my RTX 2070 Super video card since the day it was released with no prior trouble.

Also of note, I updated with Win10 1909 the day before I installed my new RAM and M.2, so it's possible I suppose that the issue is related to that, as I did not boot my computer up until after I installed my new toys.

Looking at the dump in BlueScreenView, I see "ntoskrnl.exe" also highlighted in red, and I know red generally means bad. But I don't see it listed when I use Windbg (but I don't know much about windbg so I could just be looking at or doing the wrong thing). I think I've shared everything I can to explain my issue but if you need anything else, let me know.

submitted by /u/rasmorak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rasmorak, Mar 10, 2020

2. IRQL bsod back again? >.<

Could be a driver issue, I kept getting BSODs saying IRQL not less or equal then I removed an app called DSLMON.exe and it went away *Smile First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL :)

oli_ramsay, Mar 10, 2020
  3. kyle2020 Win User
    IRQL bsod back again? >.<

cant find that oli, so it must be an issue elsewhere. Im getting rather annoyed at the prospect of having a previously reliable machine that after 2 weeks of downtime is now crashing upwards of 5 times a day under normal use :shadedshu

kyle2020, Mar 10, 2020
  4. First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL

ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL

1. First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL - Similar Threads - boot BSOD IRQL

2. BSOD on the first start of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...
  3. BSOD on the first start of the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...
  4. Windows BSOD on first boot of day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD on first boot of day.: Hello, I recently built a new computer, and it ran fine for a while, but recently, I have been getting a BSOD on the first boot of the day. The PC reboots too quickly for me to read the error messages. Once it has rebooted, it's fine for the rest of the day, and doesn't BSOD...
  5. Windows BSOD on first boot of day.

Windows BSOD on first boot of day.: Hello, I recently built a new computer, and it ran fine for a while, but recently, I have been getting a BSOD on the first boot of the day. The PC reboots too quickly for me to read the error messages. Once it has rebooted, it's fine for the rest of the day, and doesn't BSOD...
  6. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  7. Windows don't boot first time of the day

Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.: Good Evening All, I am having a weird issue with my PC BSOD'ing at the Windows login screen only once per day -- when I first power on my PC. It doesn't seem to occur on reboots or subsequent cold boots, just once per 24 hours. The PC is new, and I have rebuilt Windows a...
  9. BSOD since the first day

BSOD since the first day: Hello, I purchased a branded MSI system in Oct, 2018 with Win 10 preinstalled and since then i have constant and daily BSOD events. I use the PC mainly for work (graphic design), browsing and playing but the events do not seem to be related to a specific activity. I manually...
  10. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day: I have been having the strangest behavior from my EVGA SR-2 dual Xeon system for the past week or so. The only new software that has been added is the beta nVidia driver 358.59. Now, I could just uninstall it and revert back to the WHQL driver (355.98) that I had installed,...