Windows 10: First ever issue in 5+ years...

Discus and support First ever issue in 5+ years... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the first time my PC didn't power off, it was hanging for many minutes (had to hard reset via power button). I'm still on 1909, PC was built in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Comboxer, Aug 3, 2020.

1. First ever issue in 5+ years...

For the first time my PC didn't power off, it was hanging for many minutes (had to hard reset via power button). I'm still on 1909, PC was built in 2015 and have as no issues with updates.

I'm yet to power on the computer later, will have to see what caused it. Amy idea what it could be? Could my PC be showing the first stages of old age?

submitted by /u/Comboxer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Comboxer, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Will this build be good for 5 years?

Bro wait for next gen CPUs and GPUs. I was going to do the same thing and they stopped me from taking that big wrong step. Let's say i7 5960x is out for two years and is still on top places of the list it may hold up for two more years in total of four. But if you go for upcoming extreme series it will last for four-five years from its release date which can get you near to your five year pc specs. Same goes for GPU, so wait till next gen is out. All the best for your build

Vineet Reddy, Aug 3, 2020
  4. First ever issue in 5+ years...

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

First ever issue in 5+ years...

1. First ever issue in 5+ years... - Similar Threads - ever issue years

2. Windows first boot ever error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows first boot ever error: Got a brand new laptop with the windows 10 pro on it and my first boot ever got stuck. All I see is it saying account on the top and keyboard&sound at the bottom. Literally nothing else is happening, rebooting doesn’t work, it just puts laptop into sleep mode and after I push...
  3. Windows first boot ever error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows first boot ever error: Got a brand new laptop with the windows 10 pro on it and my first boot ever got stuck. All I see is it saying account on the top and keyboard&sound at the bottom. Literally nothing else is happening, rebooting doesn’t work, it just puts laptop into sleep mode and after I push...
  4. Windows first boot ever error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 5 years after, the same issue with DisplayPort is there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5 years after, the same issue with DisplayPort is there: I was reading this topic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-monitor-auto-detection-issue-again/bf07ddd9-aa81-4b70-99f2-924b399cfc74?auth=1 To my surprise, that almost 5 years after the same issue it's there. The solutions...
  6. returning to windows after 5+ years

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    returning to windows after 5+ years: my last pc was a samsung laptop. bought it in 2009, was using it until 2017 or 2018, when its hard drive broke. i couldve replaced the hard drive, but i didnt bother because other than gaming, i could do everything i needed to on my phone. that laptop had windows 8...
  7. Is their a charge for Windows 10 after the first year.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is their a charge for Windows 10 after the first year.: I was told that there is a charge for Windows 10 after the first year. You installed 10 on 05-31-18 from Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-their-a-charge-for-windows-10-after-the-first/48ec4509-baf3-4d60-beed-7008b6be327e"
  8. Free upgrade during the first year

in Windows 10 Support
    Free upgrade during the first year: Sounds good, too good to be 'true'? No matter what I think of Windows 10, it would be kinda stupid not to take up Microsoft on the free upgrade particularly if, like me, you have a standby build of your OS on a separate HD just in case the main drive crashed which I would...
  9. HoloLens is a five year journey, first version out within a year

in Windows 10 News
    HoloLens is a five year journey, first version out within a year: Microsoft's Hololens is easily one of the most exciting pieces of technology that the company is working on and if you want to know when you can try it out for yourself, Nadella has given the first hints about when the device will arrive. But, you should know that the first...
  10. Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 for Enterprise is not free in the first year...: Businesses switching to Windows 10 for Enterprise won't be getting the operating system as a free upgrade within the first year of release and it will be updated differently as well. Back in October, it was reported that Microsoft was working on a lock-down update system for...