Windows 10: First failure to upgrade on any of my computers.

Discus and support First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ofladrt, Jul 15, 2015.

1. ofladrt Win User

First failure to upgrade on any of my computers.

I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. It gets to about 19 percent and then reverts back to build 10166. I noticed a safe mode indication during the upgrade and I don't know if that is significant. Two of my computers have been successfully upgraded to 10240. I haven't tried 240 on my other Lenovo laptop yet.

:)

ofladrt, Jul 15, 2015
  2. my first Win User

lost email folders

My Surface pro has lost a number of email folders each of which contain up to 50 emails in them,

how can I retrieve them?

Robin Currie

my first, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Reserved upgrade 4-5 days ago on 2 of my computers

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

If you reserved your copy of Windows 10, we will notify you once our compatibility work confirms you will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on your system.

We would suggest you to wait for some time, you will be notified about Windows 10 installation and it will install on your computer.

However. you may try to upgrade to Windows 10 using the ISO. Refer to the following link:
    Download Windows 10

How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Refer to this link to know about Reinstalling Windows 10 after upgrade:

Reinstalling Windows 10 after upgrade

Hope this helps you. Please do let us if you need further help.

Yaqub K, Jul 15, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Yoga has got to be the worst name for a compter, ever. *Cool

5. Gary Win User
    It beats Apple..

6. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Heh.

7. ofladrt Win User
    Yoga Berra wouldn't think so.

The upgrade finally finished successfully after an insane number of attempts.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  8. rmonroe36 Win User

It's Yogi
    *Wink

First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. [​IMG]

rmonroe36, Jul 18, 2015
  9. ofladrt Win User
    Yogi Berra is one of my all time favorite players. He hit home runs off balls that were thrown at his ear.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  10. ofladrt Win User
    After about 20 upgrade attempts, the new build (rtm?) was upgraded. I did nothing but keep trying to get the upgrade many times, when much to my surprise the upgrade finally succeeded. I can't take credit for anything more than patience and persistence.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  11. The force is strong with this one

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. - Similar Threads - failure upgrade computers

2. Occasional failure to boot up first time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Occasional failure to boot up first time: Hi, I am running Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928). About once every six times I press the start button on my PC it lights, the keyboard lights flash twice, then it just dies. Sometimes I have to press Start button two or three buttons before it starts, then it seems fine....
  3. First time upgrade to Windows 10 :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    First time upgrade to Windows 10 :): Hey, I'm replacing my 10 year old PC with its Windows 7 Prof. 64bit installation. I think I still got that license from my university or so. Any chance I can convert that license for a fresh install on my new PC? If yes, how? If no, where to best get a valid license? Also,...
  4. About to Build My First Gaming Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About to Build My First Gaming Computer: I am about to build my first gaming machine, and I want to purchase a version of Windows 10 - from Microsoft - in such a way that I can re-install Windows on this machine whenever I want e.g., when I upgrade hardware, when I want to wipe the system and start from scratch,...
  5. Upgrading my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading my computer: Hello I am trying to upgrade my computer, but al I keep getting is a message stating that I have not got enough storage space. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-my-computer/003dff61-1fef-40b2-a338-51495d688689
  6. Windows 10 - 1903 upgrade does not work on any of my DELL computers

Windows 10 - 1903 upgrade does not work on any of my DELL computers: Since the 1803 upgrade - the 1809 and now the 1903 don't seem to work neither on a DELL T1500 Precision workstation: error code 0xc1900101 nor on my DELL XPS notebook :error message 0x800800008. All latest drivers an BIOSs installed. I consulted Microsoft earlier this year...
  7. System Failure On First Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Failure On First Boot: Hello! So, since the last windows update, I've been experiencing an issue- I'm not sure if it was actually caused by the update, but I felt it was worth mentioning. Whenever I start up the computer, my first attempt to boot it never gets past the OS boot-up; it'll usually...
  8. keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation: suddenly I cannot access the punctuation symbols on the top line of my Lenovo wireless keyboard, numbers are okay but nothing else is there a simple solution. I have windows 10, also various other symbols such as the question mark, arrows, plus sign etc.This happened...
  9. Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install

Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install: hi if i missed the article on upgrading please forgive, when win 10 is finally available, i want to do a fresh install, so does that mean when it comes out i have to update first to get my license then start all over again to install a fresh copy? i always imaged my previous...
  10. W10 upgrade failure

W10 upgrade failure: Installed all drivers under W7 Ran upgrade checks - and all backups. W10 upgraded proceeded, went to end reboot and presented Login screen Then found mouse & keyboard not working (in fact no USB at all) Found an old PS2 kyb that worked ... not easy finding your way...