First failure to upgrade on any of my computers.

Discus and support First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ofladrt, Jul 15, 2015.

1. ofladrt Win User

I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. It gets to about 19 percent and then reverts back to build 10166. I noticed a safe mode indication during the upgrade and I don't know if that is significant. Two of my computers have been successfully upgraded to 10240. I haven't tried 240 on my other Lenovo laptop yet.

:)

ofladrt, Jul 15, 2015
  2. my first Win User

lost email folders

My Surface pro has lost a number of email folders each of which contain up to 50 emails in them,

how can I retrieve them?

Robin Currie

my first, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Reserved upgrade 4-5 days ago on 2 of my computers

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

If you reserved your copy of Windows 10, we will notify you once our compatibility work confirms you will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on your system.

We would suggest you to wait for some time, you will be notified about Windows 10 installation and it will install on your computer.

However. you may try to upgrade to Windows 10 using the ISO. Refer to the following link:
    Download Windows 10

How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Refer to this link to know about Reinstalling Windows 10 after upgrade:

Reinstalling Windows 10 after upgrade

Hope this helps you. Please do let us if you need further help.

Yaqub K, Jul 15, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Yoga has got to be the worst name for a compter, ever. *Cool

5. Gary Win User
    It beats Apple..

6. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Heh.

7. ofladrt Win User
    Yoga Berra wouldn't think so.

The upgrade finally finished successfully after an insane number of attempts.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  8. rmonroe36 Win User

It's Yogi
    *Wink

First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. [​IMG]

rmonroe36, Jul 18, 2015
  9. ofladrt Win User
    Yogi Berra is one of my all time favorite players. He hit home runs off balls that were thrown at his ear.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  10. ofladrt Win User
    After about 20 upgrade attempts, the new build (rtm?) was upgraded. I did nothing but keep trying to get the upgrade many times, when much to my surprise the upgrade finally succeeded. I can't take credit for anything more than patience and persistence.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  11. AmericanPharaoh Win User
    The force is strong with this one

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. - Similar Threads - failure upgrade computers

2. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both. I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!) I used the exact same login name, password and password hint on both. I restarted both at about the same time. Now I can...
  3. after a fresh start from windows defender my pc became slower

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after a fresh start from windows defender my pc became slower: after I did a fresh start yesterday from windows defender my pc became slower install went well but when I open Microsoft store it become very slow like there is blue dots circling the store take to much time to open same thing for everything that has to do with my account...
  4. screen goes black and glitches my games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes black and glitches my games: so after a month of dealing with this problem i am puting up my own question problem: my screens go black and after 2 seconds my screens come back but my game's like Garry's Mod go completely white and i can still play but i cant see anything so i have to restart my game...
  5. Win10 keyboard problem computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 keyboard problem computer: How do i get my computer to stop typing the - symbol when i try and use the Slash? The ? is now the dash + shift... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/win10-keyboard-problem-computer/8a64e62f-4e7e-494b-918f-d24f9208392c
  6. I'm unable to update protection on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm unable to update protection on my laptop: Split from this thread. iM UNABLE TO UPDATE MY PROTECTION ON MY LAPTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_other/im-unable-to-update-protection-on-my-laptop/fdcc5a17-0cc4-4bcd-a616-6e435040c01e
  7. Installation of Windows 10 on my Inspiron 5570

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Windows 10 on my Inspiron 5570: Hello! I need some urgent help. I have Dell Inspiron 5570. I want a clean install on my newly installed Samsung 970 evo nvme SSD. I have consulted many articles and videos but could not find an agreed method for clean installation using USB. I want information about how...
  8. How do I disable the notification icon on my acer laptop? as it keeps popping up and making...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the notification icon on my acer laptop? as it keeps popping up and making...: How do I disable the notification icon on my laptop? as it keep popping up and making a lot of noices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-disable-the-notification-icon-on-my-acer/de41b656-b1b8-4951-81d2-fb583da0d19e
  9. Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder: Hi, I have a home network that is a simple workgroup. There is an NAS that has some shared folders on the network, with some media servers, etc. I have a desktop computer attached to the router through cable, some laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. that are attached to the...
  10. How do I reconnect my built-in HP webcam after I accidentally disconnected it in settings...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reconnect my built-in HP webcam after I accidentally disconnected it in settings...: I had just completed a complete refresh of Windows 10 prior to this and all of the factory installed HP apps were removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-reconnect-my-built-in-hp-webcam-after-i/15d38162-5596-44c4-b241-c944362752c4