First failure to upgrade on any of my computers.

Discus and support First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ofladrt, Jul 15, 2015.

1. ofladrt Win User

I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. It gets to about 19 percent and then reverts back to build 10166. I noticed a safe mode indication during the upgrade and I don't know if that is significant. Two of my computers have been successfully upgraded to 10240. I haven't tried 240 on my other Lenovo laptop yet.

:)

ofladrt, Jul 15, 2015
  2. my first Win User

lost email folders

My Surface pro has lost a number of email folders each of which contain up to 50 emails in them,

how can I retrieve them?

Robin Currie

my first, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Reserved upgrade 4-5 days ago on 2 of my computers

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

If you reserved your copy of Windows 10, we will notify you once our compatibility work confirms you will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on your system.

We would suggest you to wait for some time, you will be notified about Windows 10 installation and it will install on your computer.

However. you may try to upgrade to Windows 10 using the ISO. Refer to the following link:
    Download Windows 10

How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Refer to this link to know about Reinstalling Windows 10 after upgrade:

Reinstalling Windows 10 after upgrade

Hope this helps you. Please do let us if you need further help.

Yaqub K, Jul 15, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Yoga has got to be the worst name for a compter, ever. *Cool

5. Gary Win User
    It beats Apple..

6. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Heh.

7. ofladrt Win User
    Yoga Berra wouldn't think so.

The upgrade finally finished successfully after an insane number of attempts.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  8. rmonroe36 Win User

It's Yogi
    *Wink

[​IMG]

rmonroe36, Jul 18, 2015
  9. ofladrt Win User
    Yogi Berra is one of my all time favorite players. He hit home runs off balls that were thrown at his ear.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  10. ofladrt Win User
    After about 20 upgrade attempts, the new build (rtm?) was upgraded. I did nothing but keep trying to get the upgrade many times, when much to my surprise the upgrade finally succeeded. I can't take credit for anything more than patience and persistence.

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  11. AmericanPharaoh Win User
    The force is strong with this one

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. - Similar Threads - failure upgrade computers

Forum Date

How I fixed my 1803 Upgrade Blue Screen failure

How I fixed my 1803 Upgrade Blue Screen failure: After many failed attempts to complete the 1803 upgrade and many posts on this website about my problem and suggested fixes (none of which worked) I finally found out what the problem was and how to fix it. I am now running on 1803 and have just completed a Macrium backup of...
Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging May 14, 2018

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD - Kernel security check failure after upgrade

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD - Kernel security check failure after upgrade: Hi, I recently upgraded to an MSI B150i Pro AC, i5 6500 and 16Gb of Corsair LPX 2400 Ram. Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and constantly receiving a BSOD linked to a driver called ntoskrnl.exe. The BSOD occurs at random times. I've attempted to. Format and reinstall...
Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging Jan 5, 2017

win 10 version 1607 to 1703 upgrade failure code 0xc1900200

win 10 version 1607 to 1703 upgrade failure code 0xc1900200: On one of my computers the windows update displayed an option for an early windows update. This update failed with error code 0xc1900200. The size of the partition is 100 MB. One computer that has already been upgraded has a post upgrade partition size of 100 MB. It...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Apr 9, 2017

Failure to upgrade to Build 1607 - what's left to try?

Failure to upgrade to Build 1607 - what's left to try?: I'm running Win 10 Pro x64, Build 1511 on a Surface Pro 3. I've suffered the reported problem of the upgrade downloading files, starting to install, and then quitting and downloading the files again or failing to install. The process just loops. I think that I've tried most,...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Mar 13, 2017

Setup/upgrade failure - why no monitor to pinpoint causes?

Setup/upgrade failure - why no monitor to pinpoint causes?: Windows 10 probably has had more installations during it's first year of life than any other Windows version before, due in part to the continuing Insider Program and also due to the free year of upgrades that has just ended. It is likely that there will be a publicly...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Jul 31, 2016

Windows 10 Upgrade Failure Results in Unusable PC – Specific Questions

Windows 10 Upgrade Failure Results in Unusable PC – Specific Questions: I tried to upgrade a laptop to Windows 10. The result of the upgrade is a PC with CPU usage constantly at 95% or more, so that it is unusable. The only tools I have found to work are Task Manager/Resource Monitor, and the Run item when you right click the Start Menu. I am...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Jul 24, 2016

Where to find Win 10 Upgrade Failure Details?

Where to find Win 10 Upgrade Failure Details?: I've tried three times now to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but each attempt has failed with no error code or other details indicating the problem. It just says something like "Upgrade Failed" or "Install Failed" -- and that's all! No indication whatsoever of what went...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Jul 29, 2016
First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. solved