Windows 10: First install instructions for Windows 10

Discus and support First install instructions for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am installing Windows 10 for the first time over Windows 8. I need instructions in doing this. I am not very computer smart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eileen E, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Eileen E Win User

First install instructions for Windows 10

I am installing Windows 10 for the first time over Windows 8. I need instructions in doing this. I am not very computer smart.

:)

Eileen E, Feb 22, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 22, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. First install instructions for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install instructions

2. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  3. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  4. Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?: Are the instructions the same for downloading to a computer with Windows 7 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-instruction-the-same-for-a-computer-with/9b250b86-f621-44a8-8a08-ab028dfd1fe5
  5. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...: I'm trying to follow the Instructions to manually resize the partition to install the WinRE update and I'm stuck at the place where I enter "sel disk". I got the error 0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE when I attempted to install the updates. When I enter the command...
  6. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...: I'm trying to follow the Instructions to manually resize the partition to install the WinRE update and I'm stuck at the place where I enter "sel disk". I got the error 0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE when I attempted to install the updates. When I enter the command...
  7. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE Partition ### Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition 1 Recovery 450 MB 1024 KB Partition 2 System 99 MB 451 MB Partition 3 Reserved...
  9. KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE Partition ### Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition 1 Recovery 450 MB 1024 KB Partition 2 System 99 MB 451 MB Partition 3 Reserved...
  10. KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update