Windows 10: First install instructions for Windows 10

Discus and support First install instructions for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am installing Windows 10 for the first time over Windows 8. I need instructions in doing this. I am not very computer smart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eileen E, Feb 22, 2021 at 8:13 PM.

1. Eileen E Win User

First install instructions for Windows 10

I am installing Windows 10 for the first time over Windows 8. I need instructions in doing this. I am not very computer smart.

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 22, 2021 at 8:17 PM
  3. Delta6326 Win User
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

Thema:

1. First install instructions for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - install instructions

2. how to preview an update prior to installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to preview an update prior to installing?: I would prefer to know what a new update contains before allowing it to be installed to prevent unneeded or unwanted additions to my Pc, if possible. How can I view the new update that is showing as ready on Updates/Security Settings page before it is downloaded and...
  3. need help with clean install for win10, stuck @ drive O unallocated space

need help with clean install for win10, stuck @ drive O unallocated space: Hi, working on doing clean install on my Toshiba Satellite, which has a relatively new installation of Windows 10 on top of Windows 8 previously. The install is coming off of a thumb drive that I made on my other windows 10 machine using the "make an install Drive for a...
  4. Usb-c hotplug stopped working after docker + wsl install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb-c hotplug stopped working after docker + wsl install: A few days ago I thought it'd be fun to install docker on my windows 10 pc. This lead me to installing WSL. Immediately after that I started having trouble with my Usb-c dock which I use to quickly change my keyboard and mouse between my apple laptop and my windows pc. It...
  5. Can't install ARK on the Windows Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install ARK on the Windows Store: [ATTACH] I am unable to install this game and only this game on the Microsoft store. Every time I try and install, it simply stops at 84.3 MB and I've no clue as to why. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  6. Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Fidelity Active Trader Pro: After contacting Fidelity and troubleshooting all of their solutions, I am still unable to install their software on my Windows 10 system. When running setup.exe, I get the following error: An error occurred attempting to install Active TraderProInstaller An error...
  7. Lenovo ThinkVision T2224dA Monitor Instructions for Manual Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo ThinkVision T2224dA Monitor Instructions for Manual Driver Installation: I have a brand new ThinkPad P73 workstation from Lenovo. With it, I purchased a ThinkVision 21.5-inch monitor T2224dA. I have downloaded the user manual and have all the necessary cables. Everything powers on, and is connected appropriately. I have read through the...
  8. install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive

install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive: Will I get install instructions with win10 usb for a clean drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-instructions-with-win10-usb-for-a-clean/42cf83ad-d202-4c1f-8d42-e297beb7f127
  9. Instructions & support for de-installing Windows 10 and re-installing it

Instructions & support for de-installing Windows 10 and re-installing it: Hello, After lots of good help from several people, we've decided that my Windows 10 is corrupted, and it's causing the following issue: - Entering keyboard data into a 3rd party app. (and even into Microsoft Word sometimes) causes the 1st two characters to be NOT...
  10. Windows Installer instructions comes up after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Installer instructions comes up after boot: I get the following popup after I boot my desktop (Dell 540). How do I keep it from appearing. Win 10 Home. Thanks John [img] 77351