Windows 10: First look at Stardock Curtains

Discus and support First look at Stardock Curtains in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Stardock Curtains is the latest software program for Windows 10 by Stardock, a company known for tools such as the start menu replacement Start10, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 15, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

First look at Stardock Curtains

Stardock Curtains is the latest software program for Windows 10 by Stardock, a company known for tools such as the start menu replacement Start10, the desktop unclutterer Fences, or the tab-to-windows-adder Groupy.

Stardock describes Curtains as a way to add "additional styles to Windows" similarly to the dark and light mode styles of the Windows 10 operating system.

Curtains is available for $10.99 from the Stardock website; a free 30-day trial is provided, and the software is compatible with Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system.

Installation of the software program is straightforward, and the free trial requires just an email address that you need to enter after selecting the trial option.

Curtains by Stardock

First look at Stardock Curtains stardock-curtains.png

The program displays the active and available styles in its interface on Start. The default Windows 10 style is listed as well as styles created by Stardock and designers. A click on the "online" tab displays styles that are available on the Internet. These can be downloaded to the system for usage.

The selection of styles that are available is good; you can install Windows XP, Amiga Workbench, Mac OS X, and other styles directly from the interface. Note that trial users are not allowed to download online styles.

Each style is displayed with a preview of the title bar, Start menu icon, and active/inactive tabs. A click activates a new style on the system and Curtains informs you that some programs may need to be restarted before the new style is applied to them as well; this applies to all applications that support dark and light modes of Windows 10.

Styles support light and dark modes, and some additional modes, e.g. to display apps in dark mode but the taskbar in light mode. Users of the program can customize titlebar and taskbar colors for each theme, enable accent colors, and switch backgrounds right from within the Curtains application.

A click on the edit button in the sidebar opens the current theme or a copy of it in the editor. Users may create new themes from scratch as well.

First look at Stardock Curtains edit-style-curtains.png

The editor is very extensive and it is the first time that users come into contact with all the styling options that Curtain styles support.

Tip: you may enable advanced sections in the Editor in the program's Settings.

The editor divides uses tabs to divide editing options. Most tabs, e.g. windows, buttons, or taskbar, contain pulldown menus to select specific elements for styling. The windows tab for example lets you style the window title bar, left, right, and bottom border of the window title bar, the toolbar title bar, and the borders of the toolbar title bar.

First look at Stardock Curtains windows-xp-style.png

The same is true for the taskbar, as you can style the Start button, vertical or horizontal taskbars, taskbar buttons, and more using it.

The backgrounds tab supports adding one or multiple backgrounds to the style, and to enable slideshow functionality to automatically switch wallpapers on the system while the style is active.

Closing Words

Stardock Curtains is a well designed application to apply custom themes to the system. You may use themes provided by Stardock or the community, or create your own themes from within the application. The capabilities of Curtains extends the theme options that users of Windows 10 get extensively.

Now You: do you use default themes/styles on your devices, or custom ones?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post First look at Stardock Curtains appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 15, 2020

2. Stardock Makes Good On A Promise

Damn.

I am beginning to like Stardock more and more. They really do look after their customers, just go look into the forums of any Stardock game and there are often one or more DEVELOPERS of the actual game taking part in the discussions.

WhiteLotus, Jul 15, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond First look at Stardock Curtains :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2020
  4. First look at Stardock Curtains

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

First look at Stardock Curtains

1. First look at Stardock Curtains - Similar Threads - Stardock Curtains

2. Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed: I don't understand stardock 10 not install on my pc has not been since i updated to window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-update-what-needs-your-attention/b04106bd-9a96-4344-a68b-9adb6a38effe
  3. Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 update "what needs your attention" Stardock 10 is not installed: I don't understand stardock 10 not install on my pc has not been since i updated to window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-update-what-needs-your-attention/b04106bd-9a96-4344-a68b-9adb6a38effe
  4. Align the Windows 11 Taskbar to the top with Stardock's Start11

in Windows 10 News
    Align the Windows 11 Taskbar to the top with Stardock's Start11: Stardock releases the release candidate of Start 11 this week. Start 11 is the latest product in the Start series of products, which started with Start8 for Windows 8. Microsoft made changes to the Start Menu on Windows 8, and developers started to produce programs to restore...
  5. Are stardock curtains and window blinds safe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are stardock curtains and window blinds safe?: I would like to install stardock curtains or window blinds on my pc but i don't know if they are safe and i don't know if they can corrupt windows. Some time ago I tried them both on a virtual machine and they didn't give me any problems. Should it also work on new versions...
  6. Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10: Hi; I am using Stardock iconPackager ver10.03 to change windows 10 default icons, it works fine but some icons like .rar, all media files like mp3 mp4 etc and some others wont change. I double checked in the icon package im applying, it has custom icons for all above said...
  7. Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stardock IconPackager wont change some icons in Windows 10: Hi; I am using Stardock iconPackager ver10.03 to change windows 10 default icons, it works fine but some icons like .rar, all media files like mp3 mp4 etc and some others wont change. I double checked in the icon package im applying, it has custom icons for all above said...
  8. Stardock WindowBlinds

Stardock WindowBlinds: Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. . 115000
  9. Warning for all Win10 users: using Stardock IconPackager 5.x problem

Warning for all Win10 users: using Stardock IconPackager 5.x problem: Hi all! Please don't use Stardock IconPackager 5.x versions with Windows 10, no matter of upgrade! It harms icons in Start menu/screen and new icons are displayed as default system icon only - it is only in case Start menu/screen, icons or other places are correct. In Windows...
  10. Stardock

Stardock: Want to add a bit of pizzazz to your desktop ? Just received a email from Stardock about WindowsFX http://www.stardock.com/products/win...ign=WFX_030116 42611