Windows 10: First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's new universal Windows MSN apps have been out for Windows 10 PC for a few weeks now, but we are now seeing them arrive for phones as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile

Read more: First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central

:)

Brink, May 20, 2015

2. Push/toast notifications on WM10 not working

I use a Lumia 550 with Windows 10 Mobile. On the phone there were the preinstalled apps "MSN Nachrichten" und "MSN Finanzen".

In theses apps I engaged the push notification on the first of January this year. Unfortunately I havn' got any notifications yet.

So I looked into the adjustmants menu for Notifications and Infos. Under the topic Show notifications of apps I found a list of apps with a key beside in ON-Position. The APPs "MSN Nachrichten" and "MSN Finanzen" are not listet there. I assume, that this
    has an impact to the problem. Push Notifications on the listed apps are working, e.g. "Outlook-Mail" and "Outlook calendar".

Appreciate any help.

Systeminformation of my phone: Windows 10 Mobile, Version 1511, Build 10.0.10586.29

klaus204020, May 20, 2015
  3. Will Windows 10 Phones like the Lumia 950 and 950 XL be able to run, not just desktop apps, but desktop programs?

From what I understand Windows is transitioning from phone and computer apps to universal apps. The universal apps will work on both a computer and a phone but will look different on each. From what the it looked like on the Microsoft Event is that their
    new top of the line phones will be able to function with the desktop mode of the apps when you connect them to a larger screen.

Your apps may not yet be compatible with the new Windows 10 universal app structure.

Mr. John85, May 20, 2015
Thema:

First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile

1. First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - universal MSN apps

2. Our first look at new Outlook app for Windows 10 with rounded corners

in Windows 10 News
    Our first look at new Outlook app for Windows 10 with rounded corners: Reports have suggested that Microsoft is working on a unified email client for Windows 10 that will replace the current Mail and Calendar apps. This new client, which is based on the Outlook web app, is codenamed Monarch and its user interface has been designed for all...
  3. First look at new iPhone-like Archive Apps feature of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    First look at new iPhone-like Archive Apps feature of Windows 10: On Windows 10, if you’re bumping up against your computer’s storage limit, you can use built-in features or tools to reclaim a couple of gigabytes worth of storage space. You can also automate the process by heading to Storage Settings and toggling on Storage Sense, which is...
  4. First look at new Archive Apps feature of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    First look at new Archive Apps feature of Windows 10: Eagle-eyed Windows 10 users who have taken a look at the latest Windows 10 Insider build already may have spotted a new feature under Apps in the Settings application. A new "Archive Apps" option is displayed there. It is enabled by default, at least in this first Insider...
  5. First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile: First look at Facebook and Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile [img] [img] [img] Facebook may have released some its apps for Windows 10 , but its flagship apps still remain absent on Windows 10 Mobile. While Windows 10 Mobile can indeed use Microsoft and...
  6. Windows 10 Mobile: Closer look at new File Explorer app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile: Closer look at new File Explorer app: [img] Microsoft is planning to include a File Explorer app with Windows 10 Mobile, which replaces the current Files app available on Windows Phone 8.1. Not much differs from the two apps functionally, however the new File Explorer app includes a welcome new...
  7. First look at VLC UWP app for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    First look at VLC UWP app for Windows 10 Mobile: First look at VLC UWP app for Windows 10 Mobile [img] In April we reported that VLC team is working on a Universal Windows Phone app for Windows 10 ecosystem which went into closed beta a few weeks ago. Now we have got our hands-on the UWP app for VLC and it looks...
  8. VLC Universal App for Windows 10 to Get First Beta Next Week on Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Universal App for Windows 10 to Get First Beta Next Week on Mobile: VLC Universal App for Windows 10 to Get First Beta Next Week on Mobile VLC UWP app development reaching the end stages [img] Announcing VLC as a UWP Hi everyone, We’ve been quite silent on our work toward building the VLC app for Windows 10. We didn’t...
  9. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform source ; http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-app-platform/
  10. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: Earlier today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, I provided developers a first look at the Windows 10 developer platform strategy and universal app platform. I encourage you to tune in to our Build conference in April for the full story. Windows 10 represents the...