Windows 10: First my C: drive locks, and now my pc doesnt turn on!

Discus and support First my C: drive locks, and now my pc doesnt turn on! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i was minding my business updating fortnite, then i see error Forbidden windows modified kernel so i tried restarting... Then it starts automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MilanKeymolen, Nov 5, 2018.

1. First my C: drive locks, and now my pc doesnt turn on!

So i was minding my business updating fortnite, then i see error Forbidden windows modified kernel so i tried restarting...

Then it starts automatic repairs! Fails and goes to the manual one..

I go to cmd and see that its on the recovery partition, running checkdisk but wont scan.... Tried removing readonly and says that it cant access it... Then i realise that my C:/ drive is locked!

I tried restarting again, and now my computer doesnt turn on!

Well it does, but the screen is black!

Please help!

:)

MilanKeymolen, Nov 5, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 5, 2018
  3. little cat, Nov 5, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

First my C: drive locks, and now my pc doesnt turn on!

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

First my C: drive locks, and now my pc doesnt turn on!

1. First my C: drive locks, and now my pc doesnt turn on! - Similar Threads - drive locks doesnt

2. My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not...: Dear team My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not open please help my study all video data in my drive F please give me solution Very very important this syllabus data please help me to unlock my pc drive F Please team Help me...
  3. My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not...: Dear team My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not open please help my study all video data in my drive F please give me solution Very very important this syllabus data please help me to unlock my pc drive F Please team Help me...
  4. My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc Drive F Bitlocker 1% completed and stuck but drive is locked and now drive is not...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Bitlocker has locked my C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked my C Drive: I have a laptop from my old job. That company has since gone under. I have no access to the bitlocker key as the company had set the laptop up. I have tried various system recoveries, rebooting system via the bios, trying to unlock the C drive via cmd but nothing works....
  7. Bitlocker has locked my C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker has locked my C Drive: I have a laptop from my old job. That company has since gone under. I have no access to the bitlocker key as the company had set the laptop up. I have tried various system recoveries, rebooting system via the bios, trying to unlock the C drive via cmd but nothing works....
  8. Bitlocker has locked my C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. My pc was hacked and now locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc was hacked and now locked: Hi all I had a notification on my windows 10 laptop later this morning saying Microsoft has locks pc due to a funny Web site it said call the showing so I called and spoken to a man called Dan who claims he works for them after he said he needs to see what's going on so I...
  10. Locking a drive in my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locking a drive in my PC: I want to lock a drive in my PC to protect it, I have 3 windows (Win 10 PRO, Win 8.1 Pro, Win 7 Ult) in my PC and i want that my drive is locked in all the windows. Please help me to lock it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked system partition pc doesnt turn on