Windows 10: First PC build

Discus and support First PC build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just finished building my first PC. I got into the bios fine pc works fine. I bought windows 10 usb install at microcenter. I boot windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Teambean, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Teambean Win User

First PC build

Hello,

I just finished building my first PC. I got into the bios fine pc works fine. I bought windows 10 usb install at microcenter. I boot windows from bios and it takes me to a black screen menu where I can choose windows 64bit or 32bit.

I click enter for the 64bit and it gives me a loading wheel still black screen and then reloads right back into the black screen menu to choose either 64bit or 32bit. A infinite loop.

If I choose 32bit it loads a error like page that says:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and click “next”.

3. Click “repair your computer”. If you do not have a disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi

info: This application or operating system couldnt be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

So in short I cant download the OS. Just finished a 12hour shift to come home to this, I just want to be done with my build so I can game w friends. I looked at some stuff online about faulty usb sticks or i need to download the new version of windows 10 on another 8gb usb amd just use my code. Thinking about taking it to microcenter just to download windows? Ugh. Please help ill be back online after i get some sleep.

:)

Teambean, Sep 28, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 28, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Sep 28, 2020
  4. First PC build

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

First PC build

1. First PC build - Similar Threads - build

2. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  3. New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Build windows 11 computer not going to sleep: Windows 11 Pro AMD Radeon HD 6570 dual HDMI Intel 12th Gen i7-12700 3600 MHz CPU Gigabyte B760 Gaming AX Motherboard 64 GB Crucial DDR5 RAM 1TB Crucial NVMe SSD Realtek PCIe 2.5 GB Network adapter Corsair 175R ATX case My computer will not enter sleep mode. This computer is a...
  4. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291: Hi, I am trying to install the Media Feature pack, but I don't get the 'Optional Features' option to choose when following these instructions on this page - Media Feature Pack for Windows 10/11 N September 2022 - Microsoft SupportInstructions:On Windows 10 N: Select the Start...
  5. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291: Hi, I am trying to install the Media Feature pack, but I don't get the 'Optional Features' option to choose when following these instructions on this page - Media Feature Pack for Windows 10/11 N September 2022 - Microsoft SupportInstructions:On Windows 10 N: Select the Start...
  6. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...: I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but inside WSL2. For that I am using this:make -C /lib/modules/$shell uname -r/build M=$PWD modulesThe problem is that /lib/module/...
  8. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...: I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but inside WSL2. For that I am using this:make -C /lib/modules/$shell uname -r/build M=$PWD modulesThe problem is that /lib/module/...
  9. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build: I have a computer I built with Windows 10. When the upgrade to 11 came out, my chipset did not support it. I want to build a new PC, and use my Windows 10 license on it--which should then allow me to upgrade to 11.Can I do that, or will Windows prevent it? It doesn't seem...