Windows 10: First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions.

Discus and support First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, so I need to restore an image since I try to update from 1809 to 1909 and it failed twice for me. Now while my system isn't unstable there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Redbatman, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Redbatman Win User

First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions.

Hello, so I need to restore an image since I try to update from 1809 to 1909 and it failed twice for me. Now while my system isn't unstable there are some Oddities and just figure it's probably best to restore to a previous image that I did yesterday before attempting to update.

My question is that when I restore my system image from yesterday will I lose anything? Another question is that my windows folder for some reason after the two failed upgrades in now in all caps , is that bad? When I do the image restore will it fix that?

Also one more thing when I do try to update again should I just download the 1903 ISO with heidoc and upgrade to that instead of 1909 and if I do should I disconnect from the internet while its updating?

:)

Redbatman, Feb 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Reinstall System Image Question

Bree –
    I will probably use your suggestion: “To answer that specific question, Microsoft creates sytem images in the WindowImageBackup folder. It will ONLY look in this folder for images to restore. If you rename WindowsImageBackup in order to keep an old image, then you will have to rename it back to WindowsImageBackup before you can restore the image it contains.” I was using Windows in case Macrium fails.

However you did answered my question – thank you. Before marking it solved, I have a follow-up to your Macrium link. I do have Macrium on my PC and I have made a Macrium Rescue CD disk. Part Five explains restoring an image and using the disk as a boot.

My question is at what point do I insert the Rescue disk in my PC for the boot? This is my thinking. These are the steps I think I need to take:

1 Access the boot menu via F12
    2. Select CD/DVD/CD-RW Device from the boot options
    3. Insert the Macrium Rescue CD disk
    4. What do I do next?
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions. - Similar Threads - need Macrium restore

2. Macrium Reflect Image Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Image Question: I had a snapshot of my image saved in a external drive when I booted up my laptop for the first time. I recently did a restore due to some problems on my laptop using the image, but I accidentally deleted the image right after I restored my laptop. Seeing what I did, I...
  3. Restoring Macrium Reflect image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Macrium Reflect image: I really need help. Let me say first that the image I made with MR is about 1.5 yrs old. I see no reason why that should matter. I opened Macrium Reflect and went to the Restore heading. There I browsed to and selected the image I wanted to restore. This is what I see:...
  4. Macrium First Time - Goof?

Macrium First Time - Goof?: Well gang, I am finally onboard with this tool and successfully created my first system image backup using this tutorial (Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect). However the tutorial said that first usage would produce a request to create Rescue Media. This seemed like a...
  5. First time using System Image, need some help/advice..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    First time using System Image, need some help/advice..: So i want to make a System Image from my whole Windows 10 (Software, drivers, documents etc..) So i can easily restore my Windows 10.. But my question is does it also Back-up Steam, Savegames, Games, Installed Games? and can i also Back up my 2nd hard drive where the games...
  6. Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect

Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect: I made an Image backup of Windows 10 64 Bit the other day using the free version of Macrium Reflect v.7. I am having a spot of trouble on my Dell laptop and decided I would restore the system from Macrium. What I failed to do, I am beginning to understand, was to make the...
  7. Macrium Restore Image

Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  8. Questions concerning restored images in macrium

Questions concerning restored images in macrium: I know cloning a drive will in essence replicate it, but I have a question about imaging your OS and data partitions. If you image the OS and data partitions and restore them on a target drive...... will the restored target drive be able to boot Windows or just...
  9. Image restoration question using Reflect

Image restoration question using Reflect: A couple of questions about restoring images with Macrium Reflect. I decided to reconfigure my system. This is what my system looked like: C: drive = 250gb SSD, D: drive 250gb spinner, G*Sad70gb) & S*Sad200gb) drives on a 270gb spinner. This is what I wanted it to look...
  10. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect: I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing...