Windows 10: First time in many years I've been this flumoxed

Discus and support First time in many years I've been this flumoxed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past month, I've been trying to make Nordlocker work. It's a new file encryption program, and although some users are reporting problems others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dugly, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Dugly Win User

First time in many years I've been this flumoxed

For the past month, I've been trying to make Nordlocker work. It's a new file encryption program, and although some users are reporting problems others seem to be able to use it well. That is, a user encrypts a folder of various files (MS Office and others). The user opens a file from the encrypted folder, edits and saves it back to the folder without difficulty. The software can also share encrypted files between users and can be backed up to a cloud directory. That is a basic description of its functionality.

However, I couldn't get past first base. I couldn't save a file back to the directory without a sharing violation. I know Nord is working on a fix and in due course a new version may be available. However I'm stubbornly trying to make the current installer work, if anything just to say I did. The sharing violation is of lesser concern as the next two paragraphs describe.

I have attempted dozens of times to uninstall and reinstall the software without success. The installation leaves registry entries, temp files, pits of code here and there, and as I attempt to clean it up, using a few different tools including Revo Uninstaller, the re-installation is getting worse results, including setting-up empty directories and not re-installing registry entries. It's like a weird game of wack-a-mole.

I was under the impression (for the past 30-0dd years), that a re-installation of an .exe file should completely overwrite entries and settings, including the registry entries for the program. But this one isn't My most recent attempt including a Win 10/1909 Re-installation with USB, keeping my apps and settings. This did nothing to help. I'm at the point of doing a complete clean install of windows.

I have run the installation.exe file several times as elevated admin. Same result.

Is there some command-line tool with switches/parameters that I could use to force a complete installation?

:)

Dugly, Dec 28, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 28, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond First time in many years I've been this flumoxed :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. First time in many years I've been this flumoxed - Similar Threads - many years I've

2. FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version: MICROSOFT -- please reconsider FORCING your users to accept Windows 11. I WANT security patches, etc., and that option seems to have disappeared unless we accept your win 11 or should I say "lose11"? version....
  3. FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version: MICROSOFT -- please reconsider FORCING your users to accept Windows 11. I WANT security patches, etc., and that option seems to have disappeared unless we accept your win 11 or should I say "lose11" version....
  4. PC has been Blue-Screening multiple times for the first time in several years since 2 weeks...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has been Blue-Screening multiple times for the first time in several years since 2 weeks...: I have a machine that is experiencing BSODs on random occasions while I'm working. This morning was the 3rd time this had happened in a 2 week span. My computer hasn't crashed since many years ago so I'm getting concerned. There are a few potential culprits: I had...
  5. I've been having many MANY problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've been having many MANY problems.: In august, I had gotten a new laptop, the ASUS TUF GAMING A15, its runs fast and looks good! but since i got it I have been having many many problems with it constantly blue screening and freezing, it started in nov when I had gotten A DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, i didn't...
  6. I've been using this keyboard for about three years and I've started having trouble with it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been using this keyboard for about three years and I've started having trouble with it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBoiBell1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3sx8g/ive_been_using_this_keyboard_for_about_three/
  7. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play pc game I've been playing for years: So I've been playing Age of Mythology since it came out and I am so upset that now I am unable to play it potentially because of the new Windows 10 update. I have had this problem since the middle of last year and have been trying on and off to get it to work. I have googled...
  8. I have been a Any Time Organizer user for many years. This pastweek my computer stoped...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have been a Any Time Organizer user for many years. This pastweek my computer stoped...: That eliminated Any Time Organizer. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-a-any-time-organizer-user-for-many/a58762d1-424d-480e-9fbe-03918426ad15
  9. I've seen this problem reported many times.... Microsoft.ZuneVideo_

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've seen this problem reported many times.... Microsoft.ZuneVideo_: When playing videos from the Internet, I get a blue screen and restart, and the event log always reports the problem was with Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe. I know many others have this problem with Win 10, but it has not been fixed. Please fix it. Thanks Here's the...
  10. For the first time in eleven years, updates downloaded and applied.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    For the first time in eleven years, updates downloaded and applied.: I turned on my computer this afternoon to find that windows update was checking for updates in the background like it should. It found some, and I cringed when I saw that it had a Cumulative Update and Malicious Software Removal Tool bundled together. It also had an Adobe...