Windows 10: First time using System Image, need some help/advice..

Discus and support First time using System Image, need some help/advice.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i want to make a System Image from my whole Windows 10 (Software, drivers, documents etc..) So i can easily restore my Windows 10.. But my question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brent005, Jul 27, 2020.

1. First time using System Image, need some help/advice..

So i want to make a System Image from my whole Windows 10 (Software, drivers, documents etc..) So i can easily restore my Windows 10.. But my question is does it also Back-up Steam, Savegames, Games, Installed Games? and can i also Back up my 2nd hard drive where the games are installed on, or just one hard drive? please explain me how System Image works..

(I've never used System Image before)

Help/advice is welcome! First time using System Image, need some help/advice.. :)

submitted by /u/brent005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brent005, Jul 27, 2020

2. Need help with System image recovery issue.

@lovesosa,

Welcome to TenForums!

I'm wondering if I could just get some clarification and additional details here.

First, if you are restoring a system image, am I correct in assuming that this is to address some problem you are experiencing with the system? If so, could you describe what that problem is?

Second, what steps are you taking to try to restore the system image? Are you booting from Windows install media and electing to restore an image via this restore utility or is your system image one that was created using another program such as Macrium Reflect?

If you wouldn't mind providing a step-by-step of the process you are following and exactly what is happening it might make addressing your concerns easier.

Thanks!

hsehestedt, Jul 27, 2020
  3. markd87 Win User
    First-Time Build Advice

I am preparing to build a PC for the first time and I was hoping to gain some insight/advice. I am relatively IT savvy, but I know the majority of the users on this forum have far more knowledge and experience than I do so please be critical. I have put together a list of components and I was hoping to get advice regarding the compatability and quality of the parts, as well as advice regarding whether I am spending more than I need to on my system. I will be using this computer for a multitude of tasks including office tasks, web browsing, music, movies, and web design using Microsoft's Visual Web Developer and Adobe's CS5 Series. I know none of these tasks require a plethora of system strength, but I want a very fast system because I am a very heavy multi-tasker. I attached a parts list in an excel file, and in a txt file for those who cannot access excel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

markd87, Jul 27, 2020
  4. First time using System Image, need some help/advice..

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

First time using System Image, need some help/advice..

1. First time using System Image, need some help/advice.. - Similar Threads - using System Image

2. Need some help and advice, please and thanks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help and advice, please and thanks: submitted by /u/gowashyourmilk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyrrxd/need_some_help_and_advice_please_and_thanks/
  3. First thread, need help big time!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    First thread, need help big time!: I have office 365 mobile on Android ver.10 cell. I can only get a different "header" to work the first two pages of a book I am writing. After the second header, the text in the headers remains the same. Desktops and tablets have a somewhat different format concerning Header...
  4. I need some advice?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need some advice?: Well, I have been programming a bot for GTA Online for a while now. This allows you to stay online, create single lobbies and mute the GTA window. My question: Can I get in trouble for that, because I basically exploit security holes. Be a bit scared after what happened to...
  5. Need some help with images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with images: Basically I’m not artistic at all and was looking for a way to take an image and change the transparency on it so that I can copy it onto a cod emblem I’m streaming my Xbox onto my pc and can see my screen and want to overlay a semi-transparent image so I can copy the lines...
  6. First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    First time I need to use Macrium restore image questions.: Hello, so I need to restore an image since I try to update from 1809 to 1909 and it failed twice for me. Now while my system isn't unstable there are some Oddities and just figure it's probably best to restore to a previous image that I did yesterday before attempting to...
  7. Using a cloned system drive the first time.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using a cloned system drive the first time.: I’m using a win10 EUFI computer v1909 with only one hard drive bay. I want a second drive to use if I have serious problems. Normally, it will be stored somewhere. It doesn’t replace periodic backups. I’ll use Macirum Reflect to clone the entire internal drive to another...
  8. Need Some Graphic Card advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Some Graphic Card advice: My pc's cards fan after 4 years just started making a whinning noise I don't know if I could take it out and grease the fan or not but I would rather just get a new card......Say $100 or less....And I'm not a gamer. My pc is a 2013 HP P-6 2400T / Intel 3.1 CPU / 12 gb's...
  9. Multiple System Images using Backup & Restore - advice?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple System Images using Backup & Restore - advice?: I have a requirement for a machine that can easily be reimaged to various versions of Windows (all 32 bit). This PC gets lent out, to be reimaged on return. It is also used as a reference machine for support purposes, so the systems should be 'pure' Microsoft (meaning Backup...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170