Windows 10: First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today

Discus and support First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 50622 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 16, 2016.

1. First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today

First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Cluster Head, May 16, 2016

2. New file explorer in Fall Creators update, option to disable?

You mean the UWP version (other apps also are thrown into that shell as well)...?

I have not personally used the latest releases, but I would be very surprised if there is not a on/off for it and other apps and the UWP type interface for this release. It may not last forever, but given the

UWP version of File Explorer was able to be ENABLED in "Creators Update"
    , it will likely have a similar "enable/disable" type situation in "Fall Creators Update".

Shenan Stanley, May 16, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Can't play dvd's on windows 10

This is not a replacement for the "regular" VLC player--it's
    a beta Windows 10 "universal
    " app. The standard application will remain available.

JimWynne, May 16, 2016
  4. Craig Win User

I was using the regular version of VLC Media Player (which is great)...Out of curiousity, i downloaded the windows store app version and it's kind of buggy...I suspect the new version hasn't been released as of yet, so i probably got the previous version...Hope the new one works better...If anyone sees this new version come up, please let me know...Thanks...

Looks like it has potential if they can get the bugs out and add more features to it...*Wink

Craig, May 17, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    I'm pretty sure this is the new version. It looks and sounds great; not buggy like the previous version!

First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today [​IMG]

Edwin, May 17, 2016
  6. Craig Win User
    @Edwin: Perhaps i downloaded the earlier version and didn't get the updated one (which was probably released later in the day) I had downloaded it early in the day...So, just in case, i removed the one i had and re-installed it just now from Windows Store...I will see how it goes...*Wink

Craig, May 17, 2016
  7. Craig Win User
    Tried the new version...it was too buggy for me...some of my video files wouldn't even play properly that played fine on the original VLC or even on the windows 10 movies & tv app...It would often crash and go off the screen while i was using it...
    So, back to the standard (and reliable VLC) from their website...Not ready for "prime time" i would say... *Wink

Craig, May 18, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Yeah, I had a few problems too! *Sad
    Back to the drawing board!

Edwin, May 18, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I just installed it.. worked fine for one song. Needs more testing.

BunnyJ, May 18, 2016
  10. Craig Win User
    Most definitely! *Smile

Craig, May 18, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I just played a movie, song and no issues so far. *Biggrin

BunnyJ, May 18, 2016
  12. Am just a bit puzzled. I already had the VLC app downloaded from store months ago. It was pretty horrible so I haven't used it since. However I have not seen it offered as an update on store. My app updates are set to manual (real dislike for things automatically updating) - I manually checked this morning but all I got was a candy crush, one note and maps update come tumbling through the pipe. Nothing for VLC. Should I be expecting my existing app to update or does it need to be uninstalled and downloaded again?

Scottyboy99, May 18, 2016
  13. Craig Win User

Interesting question...now i am wondering if the version we downloaded (in my case yesterday) is really the new version that the article was talking about...Perhaps that was the old and very buggy version and the new one hasn't actually been released yet? *Huh

Especially in view of the fact that you had the last version all this time and you haven't seen an updated version come up in the store downloads lately...

Craig, May 18, 2016
  14. Sounds a possibility. Sod's law I've left home now as I should of checked the version number my app is showing to post here and compare with some of you guys.

Scottyboy99, May 18, 2016
  15. swarfega Win User
    yea I've been using VLC UWP for months now. Its ok but not the best in the World.

swarfega, May 18, 2016
Thema:

1. First version of VLC UWP App for Windows 10 to be released today - Similar Threads - version VLC UWP

2. Our first look at Google’s Flutter-based UWP apps for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Our first look at Google’s Flutter-based UWP apps for Windows 10: Flutter cross-platform UI framework is one of the fastest-growing languages on Github for mobile apps, web apps, and even desktop apps. Google first announced Flutter in December 2018 for the mobile platform before expanding the frameworks to the web, macOS, Linux, and now...
  3. Latest VLC 3.0.6 released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest VLC 3.0.6 released: New version of VLC Player released. Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN 125064
  4. Is the Windows 10 Version 1809 Re-releasing today?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the Windows 10 Version 1809 Re-releasing today?: Is the Windows 10 Version 1809 Re-releasing today, on 13th November 2018? Please anyone answer me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-windows-10-version-1809-re-releasing-today/1a2301b0-b3dd-42d1-80e7-ad293c32e788
  5. VLC UWP app updated for Windows 10 with ChromeCast integration

in Windows 10 News
    VLC UWP app updated for Windows 10 with ChromeCast integration: VideoLAN the developers behind the VLC UWP app for Windows 10 has been regularly pushing out updates with new features for its application on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. Continuing with the same trend the developers have today pushed out another new update for Windows...
  6. VLC 3.0 Released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC 3.0 Released: The best free media player is getting even better. After three years of development, VLC 3.0 ‘Ventari’ is rolling out to all platforms, and it’s packed full of goodies such as Chromecast support. .... The latest version of VLC contains a lot of great additions, as well as a...
  7. Windows Server version 1709 first semi-annual release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server version 1709 first semi-annual release: September is always an exciting month for those of us at Microsoft who work in the Windows Server business. September means Ignite, which is always packed with opportunities to connect with great customers and unveil exciting announcements. And this year is no exception!...
  8. First look at VLC UWP app for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    First look at VLC UWP app for Windows 10 Mobile: First look at VLC UWP app for Windows 10 Mobile [img] In April we reported that VLC team is working on a Universal Windows Phone app for Windows 10 ecosystem which went into closed beta a few weeks ago. Now we have got our hands-on the UWP app for VLC and it looks...
  9. VLC Universal App for Windows 10 to Get First Beta Next Week on Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Universal App for Windows 10 to Get First Beta Next Week on Mobile: VLC Universal App for Windows 10 to Get First Beta Next Week on Mobile VLC UWP app development reaching the end stages [img] Announcing VLC as a UWP Hi everyone, We’ve been quite silent on our work toward building the VLC app for Windows 10. We didn’t...
  10. OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

in Windows 10 News
    OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP): Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on Mobile and PC devices. Speedtest for Windows Phone has been available for quite some time, but to test your internet speed...