Windows 10: Fit desktop to second monitor

Discus and support Fit desktop to second monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just hooked up second monitor. How do I fit to screen? I changed resolution, but didn't do what I'm looking for. Icons and task bar are cut off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KellyClement1, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Fit desktop to second monitor

Just hooked up second monitor. How do I fit to screen? I changed resolution, but didn't do what I'm looking for. Icons and task bar are cut off.

:)

KellyClement1, Dec 10, 2019

2. Desktop fit in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resize the Desktop image and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Desktop and select the
      Personalize
    • Select the Background from the left pane.
    • Under Choose a fit click on the drop down. There you will get a list of options to resize the Desktop image.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Changing desktop background when a second monitor is connected/disconnected

Is there a way I can get the computer to automatically change the desktop background when i connect/disconnect the second monitor. As i usually use a dual monitor background but when I disconnect the second monitor the background tries to fit onto the
    the first monitor. I'm just hoping there's a way I can get it to automatically change.

ProxiiBytE, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Fit desktop to second monitor

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Fit desktop to second monitor

1. Fit desktop to second monitor - Similar Threads - Fit desktop second

2. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  3. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  4. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost monitor problem second desktop: One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the taskbar. I could get it back to the "first screen" by opening Discrod on the miniature icons on the far right of the...
  6. Splitting virtual desktop in multiple monitors doesn't fit the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Splitting virtual desktop in multiple monitors doesn't fit the screen: Hi, I am trying to split my virtual desktopCitrix between my laptop and the monitor. When I drag the vdi in between both laptop screen and monitor and maximize it, It splits the desktop, however, the desktop comes only half on the monitor and half of the monitor keeps the...
  7. desktop icons move to second monitor

desktop icons move to second monitor: Having used a small monitor as a second display for years, I bought a new larger one. Now, every time I try to use 'extend' display all the carefully arranged desktop icons move to totally irrational places on the second screen. It is clear this bug has been around for...
  8. Display fitting monitor

Display fitting monitor: Okay, so I'm a super tech person , but I know a thing or two. My problem is the recommended size or this monitor is slightly to big. If I lower it one size, looks like a squished version of the recommended size. I go to the lowest setting and it fits but is to small for my...
  9. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...
  10. Screen not fitting to monitor properly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly: Im a new windows 10 user and i just have this one problem ever since it was installed last night. The screen is a little bit too large on my monitor. Everything around the edges of the screen such as the windows button, the X button on web browser, back button etc is all...