Windows 10: fitting screen to monitor screen

Discus and support fitting screen to monitor screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DKjelmyr, Aug 14, 2021.

1. DKjelmyr Win User

fitting screen to monitor screen

After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the task bar properly and it didn't use the right side of the screen. It was like windows was projecting for a different screen size than the screen size of the laptop. What happened and what can I do to fix this. I've tried everything "fill screen" in settings etc. that I can guess at but I'm no expert at all in this.

:)

DKjelmyr, Aug 14, 2021
  2. lmaneke Win User

Screen not fitting to monitor properly

Does your monitor have an auto adjust button for fitting your resolution to the screen? Most have them in the monitors menu

lmaneke, Aug 14, 2021
  3. How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

fitting screen to monitor screen 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Aug 14, 2021
  4. GrMink Win User

Screen does not fit monitor

After this latest Windows update my screen does not fit my monitor, I have downloaded and installed the newest Nvidia drivers but this did not work. Help

GrMink, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

1. fitting screen to monitor screen - Similar Threads - fitting screen monitor

2. Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11: I have recently got a new monitor and I've set up my pc and my laptop to it. The problem is when displaying the laptop using the HDMI channel the screen doesn't fit right. Half the task bar and the top of the screen gets cut off and the sides of the screen get cut off picture...
  3. Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11: I have recently got a new monitor and I've set up my pc and my laptop to it. The problem is when displaying the laptop using the HDMI channel the screen doesn't fit right. Half the task bar and the top of the screen gets cut off and the sides of the screen get cut off picture...
  4. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  5. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  6. *SOLVED* Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit) *SOLVED*

*SOLVED* Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit) *SOLVED*: EDIT: Going into my Nvidia graphics settings and going from and to the same resolution setting solved it Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always...
  7. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...
  8. Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 on my PC for over a year it everything has been flawless, but this morning, I turned on my computer and the screen had over an inch of black on the sides. I have searched every single forum and support site I could find and I found that a...
  9. Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??: Ok, so I just recently upgraded my computer, including a new monitor. My old CRT monitor never gave me any problems and the screen always fit just fine. My new flatscreen 22" doesn't seem to fit the image on it very well. It's like the image is too large and bleeds off the...
  10. Screen not fitting to monitor properly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly: Im a new windows 10 user and i just have this one problem ever since it was installed last night. The screen is a little bit too large on my monitor. Everything around the edges of the screen such as the windows button, the X button on web browser, back button etc is all...