Windows 10: Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde

Discus and support Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there,Since January of 2019 my five and six keys along with a few other keys on the keyboard have not been working. I originally chalked this up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThisLanthornDoth, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde

Hi there,Since January of 2019 my five and six keys along with a few other keys on the keyboard have not been working. I originally chalked this up to a hardware malfunction which is why I'm asking about it two years later. Recently however I found a post on this forum from January of 2019 in which a person said that the exact same keys stopped working after a windows update link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/five-and-six-keys-not-working-in-windows-10-no-six/e25e8fd3-e90c-429e-9e2b-7697407301f4. I tried all the fixes suggested there to no avail,

:)

ThisLanthornDoth, Jul 2, 2021

2. Hyphen key not working

Hello,

The hyphen key (-) on my keyboard is not registering. However the underscore (_) sign works when holding shift. I have found that the hyphen does not work even on the virtual keyboard.

This happened sporadically today, no windows updates or anything.

Windows version:

Windows 10 Home

Version 1809

OS build 17763.253

JuanSerrano4, Jul 2, 2021
  3. On my keyboard the underscore/hyphen key does not respond. Solution?

On my keyboard the underscore/hyphen key does not respond. Solutions?

Steve Ziegman, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde

tilde key and hash

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. To switch the tilde key to different key, I would suggest you to go to the game settings and check if you can do it. If you are not able to switch the key please contact the game support
    team for further assistance.

If you need further assistance with Windows in future, let us know and will be happy to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde

1. Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde - Similar Threads - Five six keys

2. six key opening up snipping thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    six key opening up snipping thing: every time i press the 6 key it opens a shortcut to a snipping thing and also ends up typing 657 any help would be nice i cant do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/six-key-opening-up-snipping-thing/2e848ad4-652b-4ec3-b4f4-6ffcb2a4cc2b
  3. six key opening up snipping thing

in Windows 10 Customization
    six key opening up snipping thing: every time i press the 6 key it opens a shortcut to a snipping thing and also ends up typing 657 any help would be nice i cant do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/six-key-opening-up-snipping-thing/2e848ad4-652b-4ec3-b4f4-6ffcb2a4cc2b
  4. Tilde Key Not Working?

Tilde Key Not Working?: So recently I tried to use my tilde key to input my name on steam, but it didnt do anything. Even hitting shift doesnt work. I have looked around and everyone says use your keyboard settings but I have, and I am on US Keyboard settings. Any Help would be appreciated....
  5. Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord

Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord: My Tilde key is physically fine but its not working when i press it but shift + key works in us keyboard SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TILDE Holding : TILDE Single tap : I have tried the language bar solution but even it is unassigned the key doesn't work. but if...
  6. Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Number five, six and dash on upper keys and number on right keyboard not working: I believe after a recent update is when the above see subject line happened. It also moved all my icons on main screen all over which I fixed. I need to know how to get the keys I can't get to work working again without spending tons of money to go to a repair place or...
  7. Hyphen key not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyphen key not working.: My power has gone out 4 times today and now the hyphen key is not working and it is only the one key. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, I would greatly appreciate an actual answer to fix this problem. The key has worked fine on multiple keyboards and for years on...
  8. Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ '

Hyphen/Minus key not working, but Shift+Hyphen/Minus still types an underscore ' _ ': Keypress doesn't work with my laptop keyboard or USB keyboard, and also does not work with the On-Screen Keyboard. Any solutions for this issue? P.S. I have tried every "just uninstall and reinstall this software" solution, it doesn't work, please only reply if you have...
  9. Hyphen key not working

Hyphen key not working: Hello, The hyphen key (-) on my keyboard is not registering. However the underscore (_) sign works when holding shift. I have found that the hyphen does not work even on the virtual keyboard. This happened sporadically today, no windows updates or anything. Windows...
  10. Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either

Five and Six keys not working in Windows 10, No. six on number pad not working either: I have a HP pavilion laptop and after an update, the number five and six key stopped working. Along with the key under the esc key and the dash next to the zero. Also on the number keypad, the number is not working either. Its not the keyboard itself since there are several...