Windows 10: FIVE BSODs this morning in less than one hour

Discus and support FIVE BSODs this morning in less than one hour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had five BSODs in less than one hour this morning, one while Windows was still booting up.*Banghead There was no DMP file for that crash. I ran the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by x509, May 18, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

FIVE BSODs this morning in less than one hour

I had five BSODs in less than one hour this morning, one while Windows was still booting up.*Banghead There was no DMP file for that crash. I ran the beta collector for three of other four crashes. I'm uploading all three beta collector ZIP files here.

Before today, I had no BSODs after my earlier posting in February, once I got the advice to use Windows Defender instead of Norton security. That is, no BSODs until April 26.*Sick Then just a few BSODs through May 6, then complete stability until this morning.

I ran memtest86 recently and the RAM was clean, no errors after 8 passes.

I've also uploaded all the dmp files for for all the BSODs since my earlier posting. 17 in all, including the three today that are in the beta collector zip files.

My earlier posting: Lots of IRQ_Less... and KERNEL_SECURITY... BSODs on 2 month old build

Do I need to do a fresh install of Windows? I sure as heck hope not. If so, I'm going to wait until 1903 is available.

:)

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, May 18, 2019
  3. RUFTEC Win User
    Win 10 BSOD every morning...

I have been dealing with a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 that gets the BSOD on initial startup every morning. It only happens on first boot every day and the system logs are indicative of an unplanned shutdown the night before. I am certain that this machine
    is being shutdown correctly from the user standpoint. The error message that comes with the bsod every morning is rarely the same from day to day and I will list a few:
    Critical_Process_Died, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled(FLTMGR.SYS), Kernel_Security_Check_Failure, "Bad_Pool_Header", "Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page", IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have scoured system logs for clues, updated drivers, reinstalled Windows, at this point I'm thinking I may have to do a clean install but would like to avoid that if at all possible. Please advise.

RUFTEC, May 18, 2019
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. FIVE BSODs this morning in less than one hour - Similar Threads - FIVE BSODs morning

2. BSOD irql less than or equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD irql less than or equal: I have tried updating anything I could find, and uninstalling the drivers I installed that started the issue stupid soundblaster g6 but I'm still getting BSODsI have a dump file I even tried looking at it in the debug tool but still couldn't figure out what driver is causing...
  3. BSOD irql less than or equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD irql less than or equal: I have tried updating anything I could find, and uninstalling the drivers I installed that started the issue stupid soundblaster g6 but I'm still getting BSODsI have a dump file I even tried looking at it in the debug tool but still couldn't figure out what driver is causing...
  4. BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal: I get a IRQL BSOD, with the DMP file being stored after the crash. I don't understand the DMP file enough to work out which driver might be causing it. Could I kindly request some assistance? Happy to upload the DMP file....
  5. BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal: I get a IRQL BSOD, with the DMP file being stored after the crash. I don't understand the DMP file enough to work out which driver might be causing it. Could I kindly request some assistance? Happy to upload the DMP file....
  6. My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop was just updated this hour. It is now five times slower than it was before the...: Dear Microsoft, It is with my utmost resent with which I post this today. Why, oh why, would you ever make a system so slow, it is slower than a sloth in a molasses pit in winter, and gets slower with each update? I am barely able to run my high end games on my machine....
  7. BSOD with IRQL not less than or equal

BSOD with IRQL not less than or equal: Hi I was hoping someone can help. Windows 10 machine. I have been getting BSOD with IRQL Not Less or Equal for the past week and can't figure out why. I tried using driver verifier but ended up in a endless loop of BSOD on boot, and ended up having to boot to safe mode...
  8. BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error

BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error: HI, Since upgrading from 8.1 to 10 my PC often blue screens with the IRQL less than or equal to error. It appears to happen more often that not if i have sound playing at the time. I have upgraded all of my drivers to the latest ones and even on the sound card tried...
  9. Getting BSoD at five past every hour

Getting BSoD at five past every hour: I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 (64 bit) desktop computer. At 5 past every hour, without fail, it gets BSoD. Doesn't matter how long the computer has already been on for, and it doesn't matter what I'm doing on the computer. If it's 10:05, 2:05, 3:05, or whatever,...
  10. clock five hours ahead of time

in Windows 10 Support
    clock five hours ahead of time: i try both of those options, the time zone is correct , make sure the clock in bios is correct; but every time i start windows 10, it always shows the clock five hours ahead of time. I always have to go to settings and turn the auto time set button off and on in order to show...