Windows 10: Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Discus and support Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VixenVogue, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up.

The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which lasts about five minutes before going to the login screen. After that, everything works fine.

I deleted install updates, but now when I press the 'on' button, the computer doesn't start unless I hit the button four or five times constantly.

Once past this process, the boot up is fast, but access after login takes 5 mins, with a welcome sign complemented by revolving dots.

I tried to restore the computer to 16 August before any updates took place, but the option was not there.

Is there a way to fix this?

I've done virus and malware checks, which show nothing, and I even checked the disk for bad sectors of which there were none. The online tech guy installed a driver and firmware and that didn't help after restarting.

Anyone have any better ideas?

:)

VixenVogue, Aug 19, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 19, 2020
  3. GOSUB1000 Win User
    Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a
    black screen which lasts about five minutes before going to the login screen. After that, everything works fine.

It there a way to fix this and restore the computer to a more reasonable login time? I have Windows 10, updated for free ages ago from Windows 7. I don't have any Windows 10 installation media. I've done virus and malware checks, which show nothing, and
    I even checked the disk for bad sectors (of which there were none.) Anyone have any better ideas?

GOSUB1000, Aug 19, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates - Similar Threads - Five minute black

2. Windows screen won't stay off after five minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screen won't stay off after five minutes: I have an asus tuf dash 15 laptop on windows 11. In the power mode, I have it set to turn off the screen after five minutes. After five minutes, the screen turns off, then in a few seconds it turns back on to the lock screen, although the laptop is not locked and a spacebar...
  3. Windows screen won't stay off after five minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screen won't stay off after five minutes: I have an asus tuf dash 15 laptop on windows 11. In the power mode, I have it set to turn off the screen after five minutes. After five minutes, the screen turns off, then in a few seconds it turns back on to the lock screen, although the laptop is not locked and a spacebar...
  4. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: I have the same problem as the below posting. I have tried a bunch of things to remedy this issue, but really nothing works. "Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates"...
  5. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  6. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  7. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  8. anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?

anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?: My system runs a grub dual boot with Linux and Windows 10. After a recent feature update, my computer no longer booted to grub and instead went straight to Windows. However, when it does so it loads a black screen with a mouse I have tried booting into installation media...
  9. Windows 10 update fail: login to local account, then black screen for five minutes

Windows 10 update fail: login to local account, then black screen for five minutes: Both the admin and regular logins are local. A week ago when I last used this PC, everything was fine. Now I booted it and logged into the regular account, but the screen went completely dark, though I could see the cursor. I rebooted, but the same thing happened. I was able...
  10. Black Screen After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen After Recent Update: I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be...