Windows 10: Fix 0x8009002d error when you sign in using PIN or Password

Discus and support Fix 0x8009002d error when you sign in using PIN or Password in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Error 0x8009002d occurs when you try to sign in to your computer after it wakes up from Sleep or Hibernate using a PIN or Password, as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 14, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix 0x8009002d error when you sign in using PIN or Password

WinClub, Dec 14, 2018

2. Frequently get error 0x8009002d when signing in with pin

Yes, I can confirm. 100%

• I'm getting 0x8009002d error whe signing in with a PIN.
    • After getting the error, it will work after reboot. However, often after the screen lock returns following idle sleep time, the 0x8009002d error is displayed
      when attempting to sign-in via PIN.

KevinHuang01, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Frequently get error 0x8009002d when signing in with pin

Hi,

0x8009002d errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot.

For us to provide the best resolution possible, can you confirm the following:

• That you are getting 0x8009002d error when signing in with a PIN.
    • After getting the error, it will work after reboot. However, often after the screen lock returns following idle sleep time, the 0x8009002d error is displayed when attempting to sign-in via PIN.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Signing in with pin does not work, gives error code 0x8009002d

Hi Nix,

A lot of users use PIN code to protect their devices from unauthorized access. However, users reported 0x8009002d error while trying to sign in to Windows 10 using a PIN code. Restarting your PC is a working workaround in correcting this issue.

If restarting your PC doesn't work, the next step to do is turning off Sleep mode and reset your PIN. There are reports that Sleep mode might be responsible for 0x8009002d error on Windows 10. To turn off Sleep mode, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter "Power Options".
    • Select Power Options from the results list.
    • On your current plan, click the Change plan settings.
    • Set Put the computer to sleep to Never and click
      Save changes.

Now, we need to reset your PIN by following these steps:

• Open the Settings app and go to Accounts >
      Sign-in options
    • Look for the PIN section and click the Remove button.
    • The PIN section will ask you if you’re sure to remove your
      PIN. Click the Remove button to confirm.
    • Enter your account password to verify your account and click OK,
      PIN should be removed.
    • Click Add button in the PIN section to add a new
      PIN.
    • Enter your new PIN twice and click the OK button to confirm.
    • Restart your PC and sign in with your new PIN.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix 0x8009002d error when you sign in using PIN or Password - Similar Threads - Fix 0x8009002d error

2. Using PIN for sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using PIN for sign-in.: Windows routinely asks for password; however, I can switch it to using my PIN to sign in; however, that's annoying and time consuming. Question: How do I set up the PIN sign-in as the default option?...
  3. Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in: Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in. remove option in user settings is grayed out. can not remove pin as a sign in option...
  4. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  5. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  6. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. error code 0x8009002d

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    error code 0x8009002d: New aspire laptop. Day 3 and all of a sudden when in out-of sleep pin doesn't work! Need a restart ..very annoying. What do I do that is Simple to fix.. Would go to a store but am in full lockdown here. Argh...
  8. Sign in Password, then pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in Password, then pin: Is this possible? > Computer booting from OFF not sleep, require full password. then, > Computer waking from sleep, require pin only. I don't want to use pin all the time because it seems like it's less secure having 4 digits to guess rather than an entire password....
  9. Sign-in PIN/password error

Sign-in PIN/password error: After my last update for Windows April 23 2020 I restarted my pc and when I tried to log in it didn't work even though I put my PIN and password correctly. I can't go pass security check, and I can't access any commands from my PC. Error I got: Something happened and your...
  10. No Pin or Password Sign-In

No Pin or Password Sign-In: This is just one of many annoying features of Windows. Can someone...ANYONE tell me how to turn this **** off for once and for all? I am the only user and I don't need a password....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to correct the code 0x8009002d

2. windows 10 pin error 0x8009002d sleep

3. 0x80096002d sign in

4. error code 0x8009002d when signing in,
  5. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe 11.0.17763.1,
  6. 0x8009002d