Windows 10: Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When installing Hyper-V on Windows 10, if you receive an error 0x800f080c, it means that Windows cannot find the Hyper-V feature. While this post looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 30, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10

When installing Hyper-V on Windows 10, if you receive an error 0x800f080c, it means that Windows cannot find the Hyper-V feature. While this post looks at how you can resolve it, here is detailed information on the error:

Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.
    A Windows feature name was not recognized.
    Use the /Get-Features option to find the name of the feature in the image and try the command again.
    Error: 0x800f080c​

This occurs when you try to install Hyper-V from the Command Prompt or Power Shell. If Windows cannot find the feature you want to install, or the command has an issue, you will receive this error.

Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10 0X800F080C-Hyper-V-error-Windows-10.png

Use the following methods to resolve the error code 0X800F080C, which occurs when installing or changing anything with Hyper-V.

1. Use Correct Command
    2. VirtualBox issue

You will need an administrator account to execute the below-mentioned suggestions.

1] Use Correct Command

Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10 0X800F080C-Hyper-V-error.png

While Microsoft Docs has the command mentioned that needs to be used, it is still incorrect. This was reported by one of the users. So use the command mentioned below to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 is:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

The Microsoft Docs command has a space between -V and -All, which should not have been there. Hope they correct it soonest.

2] VirtualBox issue

If you face the problem in VirtualBox, you need to turn Core Isolation Memory Integrity back off again.

Open Windows Security > Device security > Core Isolation > Core isolation details > Toggle on Memory integrity.

If that doesn’t work out, you can enable a Registry setting.

Navigate to the location in the registry, and set the value of Enabled to 0.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity\Enabled

I hope you were able to resolve the 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10.

Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10 0X800F080C-Hyper-V-error-Windows-10.png
    This article Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 30, 2021
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

4. Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix 0X800F080C Hyper-V error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix 0X800F080C Hyper

2. 0x800F080C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x800F080C: Hi, so im trying to download custom desktop logo for this game I play. While extracting the files I get the error code: 0x800F080C Invalid Windows feature name has been specified as a parameter. I''ll send the screenshot. If you have any solutions please tell me, thanks!....
  3. Error: Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: Hyper-V: A window show up one I clicked finished this what is says: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hyper-v/1d057431-d7a6-40f5-96e5-747c14fcef4b
  4. Fix Common Hyper-V Replication Errors

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Common Hyper-V Replication Errors: [ATTACH]Replicating an OS or Hyper-V saves a lot of time. However, Replication of Hyper-V also called “Hyper-V Replica,” is different. The replication process allows you […] This article Fix Common Hyper-V Replication Errors first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  6. Error when installing Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  7. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  8. Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10): Hyper-V was enabled while installing the Visual Studio Android emulator, which I no longer need. As it turns out, Hyper-V doesn't work well with Virtualbox (see #15268 (Virtualbox causes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Win10) – Oracle VM VirtualBox) and must be removed....
  9. Windows 10 and Hyper-V dynamic memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V dynamic memory: It seems that Windows 10 does not behave nicely in a Hyper-V virtual machine, also running on Windows 10. My laptop has plenty of memory and is running Windows 10 build 10586.63. Normally I configure a new VM with dynamic memory enabled, because I saw no reason why not....
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...