Windows 10: Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers

Discus and support Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]TPM or Trusted Platform Module is a security chip on the motherboard which stores all passwords and security-related data. It offers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 9, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers

Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers TPM-Device-is-not-Detected.jpg
    TPM or Trusted Platform Module is a security chip on the motherboard which stores all passwords and security-related data. It offers hardware-based, security-related functions if you are receiving an error message Alert! TPM Device Is Not Detected, then this post will help you resolve the problem. Before we go ahead, you need to make sure […]

This article Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 v.1709 Error 0x8000FFFF & TPM is not usable?

We appreciate the update that you provided. Upon reviewing the steps you've mentioned in the past, it seems you haven't tried uninstalling the TPM driver yet. An outdated version of this driver can directly affect the Hardware Troubleshooter and cause the 0x8000FFFF
    error. To uninstall the TPM driver, follow these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Security devices.
    • Right-click Trusted Platform Module 1.2 and choose Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer and let Windows automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know if the error disappears after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Sep 9, 2021
  4. I3V
    i3v Win User

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

PS.

1. I've also just tried to uninstall the TPM device, like suggested
      here.
    2. I've also just tried

Code:
    $tpm = gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm$tpm.SetPhysicalPresenceRequest(6)
    as suggested
    here
    and
    here

Nothing changed.

Here's some additional info, just-in-case:

Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm__GENUS                     : 2__CLASS                     : Win32_Tpm__SUPERCLASS                :__DYNASTY                   : Win32_Tpm__RELPATH                   : Win32_Tpm=@__PROPERTY_COUNT            : 10__DERIVATION                : {}__SERVER                    : MY-PC-NAME__NAMESPACE                 : root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm__PATH                      : \\MY-PC-NAME\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm:Win32_Tpm=@IsActivated_InitialValue    : TrueIsEnabled_InitialValue      : TrueIsOwned_InitialValue        : TrueManufacturerId              : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt           : BRCMManufacturerVersion         : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20   : Not SupportedManufacturerVersionInfo     :PhysicalPresenceVersionInfo : 1.0SpecVersion                 : 1.2, 2, 1PSComputerName              : MY-PC-NAMEPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-tpmTpmPresent                : TrueTpmReady                  : TrueManufacturerId            : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt         : BRCMManufacturerVersion       : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20 : Not Supported for TPM 1.2ManagedAuthLevel          : FullOwnerAuth                 :OwnerClearDisabled        : FalseAutoProvisioning          : EnabledLockedOut                 : FalseLockoutHealTime           : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutCount              : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutMax                : Not Supported for TPM 1.2SelfTest                  : {128, 159, 126, 96}

Thema:

1. Fix Alert! TPM device is not detected error on Dell computers - Similar Threads - Fix Alert TPM

2. TPM not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM not detected: Hello I am currently having a problem with my PC that I would like to switch to Windows 11 the problem is that apparently the TPM is not activated, so I followed Microsoft's advice to activate it but when I went into the BIOS it told me that the TPM was activated but with...
  3. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alert! TPM device is not detected.: Alert! TPM device is not detected.Dear, Dear All, I have done all the possible processes to enable the TPM option in the Bios, but this option does not appear in the security menu and nowhere in the Bios, I need your help, I attach images and my laptop model is Dell Latitude...
  4. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

Alert! TPM device is not detected.: Alert! TPM device is not detected.Dear, Dear All, I have done all the possible processes to enable the TPM option in the Bios, but this option does not appear in the security menu and nowhere in the Bios, I need your help, I attach images and my laptop model is Dell Latitude...
  5. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  7. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  8. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

9. Alert! TPM device is not detected.

Alert! TPM device is not detected.: This picture is collected from Reddit, but I have a similar problem. I updated my firmware from the Dell support assist app. I should mention that my power IC was water damaged, so I fixed my laptop from a local mechanic. My laptop model was Dell Inspiron 15 but after that...
  10. alert screen for sound devices on new dell computer - wht is it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    alert screen for sound devices on new dell computer - wht is it?: so the new dell is 2 weeks old and today this nag screen has started popping up. at first thought it was just a youtube issue but nag screen has shown up when not on internet. does not appear to be a big deal but....what is it for? only sound device plugged in is the twin...