Windows 10: Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers

Discus and support Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Response problems from a graphics card can prevent an operating system from receiving a signal or an input within a certain amount of time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers

Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers Timeout-Detection-Errors.jpg
    Response problems from a graphics card can prevent an operating system from receiving a signal or an input within a certain amount of time. This issue is referred to as Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR). What can be the possible causes of this issue and troubleshooting steps one should take to prevent the error from […]

This article Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Driver host process timeout.

Hi,

The default timeout interval for the Driver host process is 60 seconds. If the driver couldn't respond as expected within this period, it's possible that the driver is outdated or incompatible with the operating system. We'll be able to provide the appropriate
    steps to resolve the timeout error once we have more information, so please answer these questions:

• Just to confirm, did this error only happen after you installed Fall Creators Update?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you encounter this error while your computer was idle, or were you using a specific program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Display Driver error SONY VAIO AMD 7500/7600M

I have a Sony VAIO SVE15136CN, with Windows 10(x64) installed. I recently formatted it. It worked fine for a few minutes, but crashed on restart. I checked my Hard Drive and recovery media, but they had no errors. I was unable to pin down the error. I formatted the laptop several times, but to no avail. Then I went step-by-step, installing the drivers manually as per the SONY website, not via Windows Update. That was when I figured out there was a problem with my Display driver (AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600M Series). Each time I installed it and restarted, my PC crashed. Even after I installed the drivers, some Windows updates were needed, so subsequently I let Windows Update run to install them. This installed the AMD Display driver also, and my PC crashed while finishing updates on restart.

So I used Windows Disk and Recovery Tools(DART), and via Disk Management, in the Drivers section, I disabled 'amdkmdap' and another similar driver which I can't recall. This has worked so far, but I get the error 'AMD drivers not installed' from AMD Install Manager on every startup. This allows me to use the PC, but unfortunately I cannot adjust brightness.

I used the 'automatically detect driver' and also manually selecting the driver and installing(amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit), but to no avail. This is the latest driver. Display driver still keeps crashing.

Can anyone suggest what I should do, so that I can get the 'adjust the brightness' setting back? Maybe a link from where I can download older official drivers of my AMD graphic card?

user635883, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix AMD Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery errors on Windows computers - Similar Threads - Fix AMD Driver

2. AMD Software Detected that a Driver timeout has occurred - AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Software Detected that a Driver timeout has occurred - AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, Help!: Hello,I have a Ryzen 5, The ram I use is TeamGroup Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Hz my motherboard is an ASUS prime b550-plus, 1 - 500GB W_D black SSD and a 1TB SSD, 1000W PSU with a Radeon RX 7900 XTX.I've just upgraded from a Radeon RX 6500 XT, I also upgraded my SSD and PSU.when...
  3. AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YxvFNcI just got a driver timeout error message from AMD which doesn't seem good. I tried using a second monitor for the first time on my brand-new 6950XT I got a week ago, so I guess it's an issue with the 2nd monitor or my 6950XT. That...
  4. AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YxvFNcI just got a driver timeout error message from AMD which doesn't seem good. I tried using a second monitor for the first time on my brand-new 6950XT I got a week ago, so I guess it's an issue with the 2nd monitor or my 6950XT. That...
  5. AMD Driver Timeout Error With a Second Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How to fix AMD Error 1603 on Windows Computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix AMD Error 1603 on Windows Computer: [ATTACH]Are you getting error 1603 while installing the AMD software package? There are many different reasons which may cause this error but most of the time it is because of your graphics driver and software conflicts. Let’s learn about the possible reasons and the fixes...
  7. Fix AMD Driver Timeout has occurred error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix AMD Driver Timeout has occurred error: [ATTACH]Some users that have AMD graphics cards installed on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, are reporting the issue whereby in the course of the normal use of the computer or during gaming, out of the blue, the PC screen goes black and then reloads and displays the error...
  8. AMD driver timeout

AMD driver timeout: Since driver version 21.5.1 onwards, i have been experiencing driver timeouts , much more frequently with modern or latest drivers Recommended or Optional. Been encountering this with different games like Valorant, fallout, Gta V and Resident evil village. I even used DDU but...
  9. AMD drivers error

AMD drivers error: I hope someone can help with the following issues. I am getting the message ‘No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.’ This is preventing my graphics card to...
  10. Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows: [ATTACH] Blue Screen of Death errors are every computer user’s nightmare. Some can be easy to resolve, while others were pretty difficult. One of the difficult to resolve errors is: The driver detected a controller error. It could be followed by [...] This post Fix The...