Windows 10: Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79

Discus and support Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Runtime errors occur at the time of running an app or software. Depending on the cause, there are many types of runtime errors. These errors freeze or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79

Runtime errors occur at the time of running an app or software. Depending on the cause, there are many types of runtime errors. These errors freeze or crash a program. Sometimes, a runtime error crashes the system. After getting a runtime error, you can view its details in Windows Event Viewer. In this article, we will describe the possible solutions for AppModel Runtime errors – 65, 69, and 79.

Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 AppModel-Runtime-Errors-65-69-and-79.jpg

Fix AppModel Runtime error 65

Many users have reported that they received Event ID 65 Runtime error on running 3D accelerated programs like games. If you are experiencing the same issue on your system, the following solutions may help you:

1. Run Windows App Troubleshooter.
    2. Re-install the runtime files.
    3. Disable fullscreen optimization for games.
    4. Disable the Focus assist.
    1] Run Windows App Troubleshooter

Windows App Troubleshooter is a Windows 10 built-in tool. Running this tool may help you solve the error. To run it, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Now, click on the Additional troubleshooters on the right side. Scroll down and click Windows Store Apps, then click Run the troubleshooter.

2] Re-install the runtime files

Sometimes you may get this error due to missing Visual C++ libraries. In this case, re-installing the runtime files may help. Go through the following steps:

1. Launch Control Panel and go to Programs and Features > Uninstall a program.
    2. Scroll down the list and uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
    3. Visit microsoft.com and download the latest Visual C++ packages and install them.
    4. After installing the libraries, restart your system.

Did it help?

3] Disable fullscreen optimization for games

Some users have reported that disabling the fullscreen optimization feature in games helped them fix the error.

Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 fix-appmodel-runtime-error_65.png

To disable this feature, follow the instructions given below:

1. Right-click on the executable file (.exe) of the game and select Properties.
    2. Under the Compatibility tab, you will find the Disable fullscreen optimizations option.
    3. Uncheck the box, click Apply, and then OK to save the settings.

Read: Disable Script Errors & Runtime Error Messages in Windows.

4] Disable the Focus assist

According to some users, the issue was fixed when they had disabled the Focus assist on Windows 10. If you have enabled this feature, consider disabling it and see if it helps.

Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 appmodel-runtime-error-65-500x253.png

You can disable it directly from the Notifications panel. Click on the Notifications icon on the right corner of the taskbar and click the Focus assist icon to disable it. Alternatively, you can also disable it from the Settings app. Go to Settings > System > Focus assist and click the Off radio button.

Fix AppModel Runtime error 69

Sometimes corrupt app packages trigger AppModel Runtime error 69. This generally happens when the installation or update process of an app terminates probably due to a sudden power failure. This error is associated with some specific apps or with Microsoft Store. If you are getting this error on your computer, the following solutions may help you:

1. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
    2. Reset the Windows Store.
    3. Remove the semi-updated or semi-installed apps and re-install them.
    1] Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

The steps to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter are described earlier in this article. Follow these steps and see if it helps.

2] Reset the Windows Store

Sometimes, Event ID 69 AppModel Runtime error occurs due to the corrupt Windows Store component. In this case, resetting the Store can help. To do this, press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to launch the Run dialog box. Type wsreset.exe there and hit Enter. Don’t be afraid of resetting the Windows Store, as it will not delete any of your app data.

Read: How to fix Runtime Error 217 on Windows 10.

3] Remove the semi-updated or semi-installed apps and re-install them

The termination of the installation or update process of an app may corrupt it. In this case, the user may get an AppModel Runtime error 69 on launching that specific app. Follow the procedure listed below to get rid of this error:

1. Take ownership of the WindowsApps folder. You will find this folder at C:\Program Files\WindowsApps location.
    2. Now, open the WindowsApps folder and look for the folder name of the app that is causing the problem. For example, the folder for the People app is created under the name Microsoft.People.
    3. Run PowerShell as administrator, type the following command, and press Enter.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.People* | remove-appxpackage

In the above command, replace “Microsoft.People” string with the app name or string that is causing the problem. Restart your computer. After restart, visit the Microsoft Store and install the particular app again.

When you are done, give the MicrosoftApps folder’s ownership back to the TrustedInstaller.

Fix AppModel Runtime error 79

The cause of AppModel Runtime error 79 is corrupted system files or missing/broken application components. The following solutions may help you fix this error:

1. Run SFC and DISM scan.
    2. Execute a command in Windows PowerShell.
    1] Run SFC and DISM scan

SFC (System File Checker) is a utility that scans and repairs the corrupted files in the system. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator, type sfc /scannow, and press Enter. You should wait till the scanning gets completed. If the SFC scan doesn’t fix the issue, open the Command Prompt again as an administrator, paste the following command, and press Enter:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    2] Execute a command in Windows PowerShell

Launch Windows PowerShell as an administrator, paste the following command, and press Enter:

ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

In the above command, you have to replace the string “Microsoft.Windows.Photos” with your Broken app. We have written this string here just for an example. Let’s say, if the broken app is People, you have to type “Microsoft.People.” How could you know that? Visit the following path on your computer and search the name of your broken app:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages

That’s it. We hope this article helped you solve the problem.

Related post: Fix .NET Runtime Error 1026, Exception code c00000fd.

Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 AppModel-Runtime-Errors-65-69-and-79.jpg
    This article Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 25, 2021

2. Event 65, AppModel-Runtime

Hi Prakhar,

I received the AppModel-Runtime Error ID 65 again after performing your troubleshooting steps. Please advise. Thanks.

Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 013154e6-2acb-419d-9e7e-c82537f76c9c?upload=true.png

ProfessorCnile, May 25, 2021
  3. mathew249 Win User
    Appmodel-Runtime error id 65

Hey everyone,

After several day, after updating windows 10 1909 to 2004 by performing via windows update...

I have this issue Appmodel-Runtime error id 65. It comes very frequently and I am unable to fix it.

Does Anyone has the solution?

Thx again.

Nom du journal :Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin

Source : Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime

Date : 29/05/2020 22:08:32

ID de l’événement :65

Catégorie de la tâche :Aucun

Niveau : Erreur

Mots clés : Process

Utilisateur : DESKTOP-EI3HNRI\akena

Ordinateur : DESKTOP-EI3HNRI

Description :

Échec 0x57 lors de d'extraction de l'état du runtime AppModel du package Windows.

XML de l’événement :

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime" Guid="{f1ef270a-0d32-4352-ba52-dbab41e1d859}" />

<EventID>65</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x2000000000000001</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-05-29T20:08:32.7351722Z" />

<EventRecordID>994</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="9476" ThreadID="10280" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-EI3HNRI</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1177660774-1879572474-2810566832-1001" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">87</Data>

<Data Name="PackageFullName">Windows</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

mathew249, May 25, 2021
  4. M.Onur Win User

Appmodel-Runtime error id 65

I have the same problem. Did you solve the problem? If you could solve how did you solve it?

M.Onur, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix AppModel Runtime Errors 65, 69, and 79 - Similar Threads - Fix AppModel Runtime

2. AppModel-Runtime 79 criticals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppModel-Runtime 79 criticals: hello, an ordinary pc gamer here.i've recently been playing forza horizon 5 as of late to realise it crashed however it DID NOT give me an error message it just crashed. pressed alt then f4 to close forza and i could still hear the game audio so i switched off my pc and to...
  3. AppModel-Runtime 79 criticals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppModel-Runtime 79 criticals: hello, an ordinary pc gamer here.i've recently been playing forza horizon 5 as of late to realise it crashed however it DID NOT give me an error message it just crashed. pressed alt then f4 to close forza and i could still hear the game audio so i switched off my pc and to...
  4. AppModel-Runtime 79 criticals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. appmodel runtime error 65

in Windows 10 Customization
    appmodel runtime error 65: guys I need help please. as you can see in the image below, I have been receiving this error almost no stop, not I am not sure, but I Think its been causing many games stuttering frame drops.I also have this errors in the compatibility report a lot recently second image, and...
  6. AppModel-Runtime error critical id 79 & 80 Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AppModel-Runtime error critical id 79 & 80 Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp: Hi, Product: HP 15-DA0086NL Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) V 20h2 Since I purchased this product, these errors critical keep showing up: -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider...
  7. AppModel-Runtime error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AppModel-Runtime error: Evening y'all. Is anyone experiencing this error on their windows 10 machines? Past couple of weeks I've been experiencing an issue with my gaming rig, where it will randomly restart without any user interaction or after I've been playing a game / browsing the web. Now first...
  8. Error AppModel-Runtime 69 [MANY]

Error AppModel-Runtime 69 [MANY]: Hi. I have checked my Events viewer and many errors appeared. All these errors mention that Failed to modify appmodel status at runtime on package .... [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Event 65, AppModel-Runtime

Event 65, AppModel-Runtime: I am getting these errors with "Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModelRuntime status for package Windows." Anyone know what's causing this? Computer is up to date with windows updates... Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin Source:...
  10. Appmodel-Runtime error "65"

Appmodel-Runtime error "65": I am updating windows 10 1909 to 2004. when i look at the event viewer I see the Appmodel-Runtime error id 65. It comes very frequently and I am unable to fix it.i am getting this error playing a game.all my drivers are up to date. I already try reinstall visual c++ files....