Windows 10: Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC

Discus and support Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Audacity is a popular and free-to-use digital audio editor and recording application. But while using it on Windows PC, users have reported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC

Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC Fix-Audacity-Error-while-opening-sound-device-on-Windows-PC-e1650808753349.png
    Audacity is a popular and free-to-use digital audio editor and recording application. But while using it on Windows PC, users have reported coming across an error while opening sound devices on Windows 11/10 PC. The message pops up while recording or playing audio on the application. The error message says, Error opening sound device. Try […]

This article Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 5, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity

I had a problem with audio initially with 1803 but an update corrected it. It is not the same as your recording problem, mine was default playback device. It has always kept my PC "Speakers" as default playback device even when I had my MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid recording interface connected (to use with Sonar or Studio One 3). But the initial 1803 was changing the default playback device to the MOTU. An update a week after 1803 fixed it.

Now, back to yours. Were you using "Stereo Mix" as the source? If you were, I had to reset Stereo Mix as the default recording device after 1803 update. I don't use Audigy but I have it for testing and it defaults to Stereo Mix. If this is the case, check the Sound Recording panel and set Stereo Mix as default recording device if its not set.
    If its not the Stereo Mix, check the Device Manager for the Behringer status. May have to do a reinstall.

fireberd, May 5, 2022
  3. Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity

Hello, I have been using audacity for quite some time and recently after updating windows in april, I was no longer able to record using my behringer interface. Anyone else having any soundcard/ daw issues after latest update?

Thanks!!

remccolgan, May 5, 2022
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, May 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Fix Audacity Error while opening sound device on Windows PC - Similar Threads - Fix Audacity Error

2. Fix Audacity Internal PortAudio error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Audacity Internal PortAudio error on Windows PC: [ATTACH]While running Audacity on Windows PC, some users have reported coming across Audacity Internal PortAudio error. The issue can be resolved by following some simple fixes. The error message says- Error Initializing Audio Could not find any audio devices. You will not be...
  3. Fix No Sound in Spotify on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No Sound in Spotify on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Spotify is the leading music streaming platform in this day and age. And quite frankly, it deserves the top spot. However, a lot of users are finding it hard to use the app on a Windows platform. According to them, when they play a song, they hear no sound in Spotify....
  4. Fix Origin Error while playing games on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Origin Error while playing games on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Origin is right up there with the best in the world of gaming launchers. But just like any other Windows software, its users are not oblivious of the error codes and messages. In this article, we are going to talk about some of the most common errors. We will show you...
  5. Airpods not playing sound while connected to device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods not playing sound while connected to device: Hello! I bought a Bluetooth usb, so I can connect airpods and listen music with them. It tells me, that they are connected but when i wear them, the sound doesn't appear and the connected sound doesn't appear either which it should also the sound icon in the bottom right...
  6. Audacity . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audacity . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to install, Audacity. But, it's very confusing! I can't find it. After installation? I looked in, x86 program files? I've looked, everywhere.? I even looked. In the Control Panel. To see, if it was listed....
  7. error while opening file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error while opening file: I have windows 10 and I am trying to open a downloaded program but I get an error message-error readinginitialization file. Can I do something to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-opening-file/fc968f2c-fd43-405e-b60c-be0696867720
  8. Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity

Error Opening Sound Device in Audacity: Hello, I have been using audacity for quite some time and recently after updating windows in april, I was no longer able to record using my behringer interface. Anyone else having any soundcard/ daw issues after latest update? Thanks!! 111353
  9. Alternatives to Audacity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternatives to Audacity: ​​Any good free audio editors that will work with Windows 10? I basically just need a decent sound recorder. Thanks​ 19114
  10. Ashampoo and Audacity not finding a sound card

Ashampoo and Audacity not finding a sound card: Hi, after upgrading from Win 8.1, sound was fine thru laptop speakers/headphones except (so far) for Ashampoo programs and the latest Audacity, which reported they could find no sound card. Programs like VLC, Winamp, Zoom player, convertors from Aiseesoft, Imtoo, Aimersoft...