Windows 10: Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error on Windows computer

Discus and support Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error on Windows computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO is usually caused due to some issues with the Boot Configuration Data file. The main issue inside of the BCD is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 21, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error on Windows computer

WinClub, Oct 21, 2018

2. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

I have a Windows 7 Toshiba laptop and have recently updated my computer to the new Windows 10. All of the sudden my sound quit working and I looked up how to fix that but never did. Then the next day, the blue screen of death popped up and gave the error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.
    I have looked up multiple ways to fix this and non have worked. Any suggestions on how I might go about fixing this problem?

Nathan Hoch, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows 10 with BAD_System_Config_info message

Hi Indika,

The BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO bug check has a value of 0x00000074. This bug check indicates that there is an error in the registry. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you able to go to desktop?
    • If yes, which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot blue screen issues.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error on Windows computer

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, blue screen error

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO occur if one or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM configuration is incompatible.

I would suggest you to download the media creation tool to install windows 10 and create Windows 10 installation DVD media and try Repairing your Computer.

Follow the below steps:

• Create installation media for windows 10.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

• Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error on Windows computer

1. Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error on Windows computer - Similar Threads - Fix BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error

2. How to fix a windows 11 insider computer with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a windows 11 insider computer with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: It’s stuck on the same boot cycle everytime, just saying badsystemconfiginfo over and over. Ive tried some other ways to fix it, but maybe i did them wrong so all is welcome. Its an Acer Aspire 5 laptop....
  3. How to fix a windows 11 insider computer with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix a windows 11 insider computer with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: It’s stuck on the same boot cycle everytime, just saying badsystemconfiginfo over and over. Ive tried some other ways to fix it, but maybe i did them wrong so all is welcome. Its an Acer Aspire 5 laptop....
  4. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: I keep getting this error. I tried reinstalling Windows and It works for a couple of days then this error shows again submitted by /u/Sarcaron_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j95u4h/bad_system_config_info/
  5. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Galera, eu tenho um amigo que está com problema no w10... é o erro de BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Ele disse que antes de dar esse erro, o PC estava lento, então ele decidiu reiniciar, porém quando ele foi ligar de novo deu o erro [7:08 PM] Alguma ideia pra resolver? [7:08 PM] Ele...
  6. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: So I got my laptop a blue screen and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on the bottom. What ever I do it keeps on looping on the same screen, no changes at all. I've tried to reset the computer with Keep my files and I've tried the command promt, didn't work as intended. I've tried the...
  7. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: I was trying to install Ubuntu along with Windows 10 in an Acer Aspire A515-51. When I ran the Installer, it didn't recognize the /dev/sda when I had to select the partition to install it. I was searching for help online, and I found that executing the command sudo dmraid -E...
  8. Windows 10 - BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Windows 10 - BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Good day! I do have these specifications: Motherboard: MSI B250M Mortar Arctic Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 @ 3.90 GHz Memory (RAM): 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2133 MHz G.Skill Aegis Storage 0: Kingston 120GB SSD UV400 Storage 1: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD OS:...
  9. Bad_System_Config_Info error. Forever booting

Bad_System_Config_Info error. Forever booting: Now this may take a while to explain because ive tried so many things but please do read to get a full understanding. First of all i was just cleaning my pc, ran a disk cleanup. I came across this program called driver booster from Clean, Optimize, Speed Up and Secure PC -...
  10. bad_system_config_info

in Windows 10 Support
    bad_system_config_info: My sons laptop is getting that error message, it is a dell inspiron with window 7 upgraded to 10 We think last update made it not usable All we get is blue screen and message in title Is there a way to uninstall last update from Microsoft He does not want to lose his...