Windows 10: Fix BitLocker

Discus and support Fix BitLocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have updated my Windows 3 times already and my BitLocker is not working. I went to Task Manager it said it was running but it was disabled. Can you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Seth Gavin Roark, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Fix BitLocker

I have updated my Windows 3 times already and my BitLocker is not working. I went to Task Manager it said it was running but it was disabled. Can you please help me.

:)

Seth Gavin Roark, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Fix BitLocker

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Fix BitLocker

1. Fix BitLocker - Similar Threads - Fix BitLocker

2. My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...: I was given a used PC that was Bitlocker encrypted, and neither of us have the Bitlocker password. It won't let me wipe the entire PC, and I was to to look it up. So I did, and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install Windows 11. I'm still pretty new to the IT...
  3. My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is Bitlocker encrypted and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install...: I was given a used PC that was Bitlocker encrypted, and neither of us have the Bitlocker password. It won't let me wipe the entire PC, and I was to to look it up. So I did, and I read that the only way to fix it is to re-install Windows 11. I'm still pretty new to the IT...
  4. Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update: Had a security update KB5034441 which wouldn't install 0x80070643 error.Followed the links from Microsoft and did the following:Have resized my Windows RE partition, per KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft...
  5. Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update

Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update: Had a security update KB5034441 which wouldn't install 0x80070643 error.Followed the links from Microsoft and did the following:Have resized my Windows RE partition, per KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft...
  6. Bitlocker problem at tail end of trying to fix 0x80070643 error with windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...: error:2tr0SY8AM0CaRKhc.30.79when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed from microsoft side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-access-bitlocker-recovery-key-it/381e7b6e-31fd-4113-a043-7b3ccd59bc1e
  8. when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...

when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed...: error:2tr0SY8AM0CaRKhc.30.79when i try to access bitlocker recovery key it keeps on giving an error, can this be fixed from microsoft side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-access-bitlocker-recovery-key-it/381e7b6e-31fd-4113-a043-7b3ccd59bc1e
  9. How to fix/bitlocker key or another?

How to fix/bitlocker key or another?: Bitlocker key! I have done all these steps, and it wont leave the bitlocker blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fixbitlocker-key-or-another/ff16e522-f0cb-4b51-bd8d-1533f35e3b7a
  10. How to fix/bitlocker key or another?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix/bitlocker key or another?: Bitlocker key! I have done all these steps, and it wont leave the bitlocker blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fixbitlocker-key-or-another/ff16e522-f0cb-4b51-bd8d-1533f35e3b7a