Windows 10: Fix Bookmark previews in Edge, Disable Remote Registry, Solid State Services/Settings

Discus and support Fix Bookmark previews in Edge, Disable Remote Registry, Solid State Services/Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. I had a few questions. If any of them can be answered, it would be helpful.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanStebbins, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Fix Bookmark previews in Edge, Disable Remote Registry, Solid State Services/Settings

Hi there. I had a few questions. If any of them can be answered, it would be helpful.

:)

JonathanStebbins, Jan 23, 2021
  2. gjchief Win User

Windows 10, version 10.0.17134 disables Remote Registry service arbitrarily.

My Win10 Pro machine is used to demonstrate configuration and perf counter data collection from a remote Windows computer via WMI. In order to do this from a remote machine, the Win10 machine must have Remote Registry services running. So prior to the
    April update I had changed the default settings from Automatic (trigger) to Automatic by deleting the "trigger'. Also in the Win 10 machine registry I set the DisableIdleStop to 1. These two changes should be permanent. But after the April update, I received
    a data collection error stating that Remote Registry was not running on the Win10 machine. I looked in the Win10 machine registry and the DisableIdleStop was still set to 1. But, in the services.msc list, Remote Registry services was Disabled. When I then
    set it to Automatic, then Automatic (Trigger) was displayed.

Did the April update reconfigure some customized settings back to defaults?

gjchief, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge

Hello Bruce,

Based on your concern about bookmarks in Edge, we would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Karthicka_R on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 23, 2021
  4. johnspack Win User

Fix Bookmark previews in Edge, Disable Remote Registry, Solid State Services/Settings

Windows 7 services

You should just know which services to set to manual, there are a ton of them, starting with xp. The time service is the first one... unless you set it up properly, just disable it. Then remote registry, I don't need anyone else messing with my registry... disable, I don't use themes, disable, there are a few others too, then things like adobe update service, not needed, disable... it's not that hard to figure out what you can disable, or at least put to manual.
    Edit: if you need suggestions, get The Ultimate Troubleshooter, not free, but it will show you how to do much of this.

johnspack, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Fix Bookmark previews in Edge, Disable Remote Registry, Solid State Services/Settings

1. Fix Bookmark previews in Edge, Disable Remote Registry, Solid State Services/Settings - Similar Threads - Fix Bookmark previews

2. Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid State Drive: If I make 2 partitions on an SSD and write a lot to one of them, can that one partition fail and the other not? Does it work that way? submitted by /u/FluffyAlcatel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubw7mp/solid_state_drive/
  3. Locked solid state disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked solid state disk: Turned on my desktop using Windows 10 pro. Came up fine. Came back several hours later to use the computer but was unresponsive and showing a black screen. I turned it off and then turned it back on again. The screen is displaying a blue box asking to select the HDD. It...
  4. Locked solid state disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked solid state disk: Turned on my desktop using Windows 10 pro. Came up fine. Came back several hours later to use the computer but was unresponsive and showing a black screen. I turned it off and then turned it back on again. The screen is displaying a blue box asking to select the HDD. It...
  5. Locked solid state disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solid State Drives: This is my first time without an HDD. I now have SSD. Does data on an SSD ever fragment? Am I now done with defraging my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drives/b803253f-0d3a-43af-8484-1d460d1686d5
  7. solid state drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solid state drive: After replacing my HD and installing win 10. I cant see my SSD. Had win 8 before changing HD. Where do I look? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drive/66ded83f-fb6f-4b1e-bcbb-a479c75e754d
  8. Solid State Plus BigBoi

in Windows 10 Support
    Solid State Plus BigBoi: Hello. I've purchased a dual disk HP that boots solid state and also has the spinner D: Trying to insure all the new stuff goes to D: rather than solid state unless I want it there. What's the best way to try to put USERS and its folders on D: Thanks. 146578
  9. Edge registry settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge registry settings: Is there any list of registry settings for Edge? I am creating an unattended installation image for Win10, and despite the OS getting a new browser (with IE11 that still is present - wtf?), there are no settings for the answer file available. Just the old IE11 shit. I can't...
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196