Windows 10: Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Getting a combase.dll not found error while installing or running an application on Windows 10? This article will help you fix this error on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 29, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10

Getting a combase.dll not found error while installing or running an application on Windows 10? This article will help you fix this error on your Windows 10. Combase.dll file is an OS file called Microsoft COM for Windows. It is a dynamic link library file that ensures that Windows programs run correctly. It basically stores instructions and procedures for program (EXE) files. You can find it at the C:\Windows\System32 location in Windows 10.

Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 Combase.dll-File-not-found-error-in-Windows-10.png

Now, if you get system32/combase.dll not found error while installing any software or running an application, there can be two main reasons for that. First, there is some malware present on your computer. And second, the Combase.dll file might be removed or corrupted.

In order to fix the combase.dll file not found error, you can try some methods. Here, I am going to discuss different solutions to resolve this error. Let’s checkout!

Combase.dll file is not found in Windows 10

These are the methods you can try to fix the missing combase.dll file error:

1. Run System File Checker (SFC) scan
    2. Run DISM to restore PC health
    3. Download missing Combase.dll file from Microsoft
    4. Re-register DLL file.
    5. Reinstall or Reset Windows 10 using Cloud Reset.

Find out the details on these solutions below.

1] Run System File Checker (SFC) scan

Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 fix-combase-dll-not-found-windows-10.png

The first method to try to fix the combase.dll not found error is to perform an SFC scan. It will check for problems with systems files and repair them. You can follow the below steps to perform the scan:

Run Command Prompt with administrator privilege.

Execute this command in CMD:

sfc / scannow

After entering the above command, wait for Windows to perform and finish the SFC scan. When it is done, simply reboot your PC and see if the combase.dll file missing error while installing or opening a program still occurs.

2] Run DISM to restore PC health

Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 fix-combase-dll-not-found-windows-10-1.png

You can also try fixing this error by repairing and restoring system health using the Windows DISM tool. Simply follow the below steps for that:

Go to the search option, type cmd, and then open Command Prompt app from the results. Make sure to use the Run as administrator option to run it.

Type the following command and then press Enter button:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The scan will run for a while. It will basically check and remove corruption from your system image and component store and restore the PC’s good health.

Restart your PC when the scan is done and check if the combase.dll file not found error is gone or not.

3] Download missing Combase.dll file from Microsoft

You can also download the missing combase.dll file from Microsoft servers and restore it to your system. To do so, use the Winbindex service that helps you download missing OS files from Microsoft servers.

4] Re-Register DLL file

You can also try re-registering the dll file to resolve this error by executing the following command in an elevated CMD:

regsvr32 combase.dll
    5] Reinstall or Reset Windows 10 using Cloud Reset

Resetting Windows 10 can help you eliminate corruption from your system by restoring its original state. So, if you continue getting combase.dll file missing error, reinstall or reset Windows 10 using the Cloud download option.

Hope something helps.

Related: How to fix Missing DLL files errors on Windows 10 PC.

Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 Combase.dll-File-not-found-error-in-Windows-10.png
    This article Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 29, 2021
  2. b1rd Win User

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. dll missing

Hi Peter,

One of the reasons that may cause the missing DLL error are the files that was deleted due to a recent change on your device. For us to identify the root cause, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• When are you getting this error?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the SFC scan tool found on this
    link
    as an initial step to replace missing DLL on your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, May 29, 2021
  4. Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10

Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10

1. Fix combase.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix combase dll

2. How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error: whenever i open a game or an application on their computer system, i experience d3dx10_43.dll is missing or not found error code in seperate window. Then i start searching for the solution to fix this erorr problem and i read about it in...
  3. How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix d3dx10_43.dll is Missing or Not Found Error: whenever i open a game or an application on their computer system, i experience d3dx10_43.dll is missing or not found error code in seperate window. Then i start searching for the solution to fix this erorr problem and i read about it in...
  4. Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows: How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-vcruntime140dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/26840b96-cbb5-4dfa-8dfa-c9f307b0f4dc
  5. Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows: How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error on Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-vcruntime140dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/26840b96-cbb5-4dfa-8dfa-c9f307b0f4dc
  6. Fix binkw32.dll not found or missing error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix binkw32.dll not found or missing error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will help you fix binkw32.dll not found or missing error on your Windows 11/10 computer. Mostly, such an error occurs for a game having a Bink Video codec. So, when you try to install or play such a game, this binkw32.dll missing error appears. You...
  7. Fix vulkan-1.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix vulkan-1.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you see an error message The program can’t start because vulkan-1.dll is missing from your computer, then this will help you fix the problem on your Windows 11/10 PC. Windows throws DLL errors for various reasons, and when it comes to vulkan-1.dll was not found...
  8. Fix d3dx9_40.dll is missing, not found, or not designed to run error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix d3dx9_40.dll is missing, not found, or not designed to run error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Here is a full guide on how to fix d3dx9_40.dll is missing, not found, or not designed to run error on Windows 11/10. A lot of Windows users have complained of getting this error while opening an application or game that requires this specific DLL (Dynamic Link...
  9. Fix Crypt32.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Crypt32.dll not found or missing error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some Windows users may encounter the Crypt32.dll not found or missing error while using or installing certain programs on their Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer, when Windows starts or shuts down, or maybe even during a Windows installation. This post provides the...
  10. How to fix Kernel32.dll not found errors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Kernel32.dll not found errors in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Kernel32.dll file is a 32-bit dynamic link library file used in Windows to […] This article How to fix Kernel32.dll not found errors in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...