Windows 10: Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11

Discus and support Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]The COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error can occur on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer when you attempt to run a program created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 21, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11

Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11 [​IMG]
    The COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error can occur on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer when you attempt to run a program created using Visual Basic 6.0. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to successfully fix this error on their device. When you encounter this issue, […]

This article Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 21, 2022

2. comdlg32.ocx Help

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration when things don't work as expected.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

When you install software that uses the comdlg32.ocx, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your OCX file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "comdlg32.ocx not registered" error. Fortunately,
    you can use a built-in utility called "Microsoft Register Server" (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your comdlg32.ocx file.

How to re-register comdlg32.ocx from an elevated command prompt (Windows 10).

• Click the Start button.
    • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit
      ENTER yet!
    • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit
      ENTER
    • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
    • Click Yes.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /u comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /i comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
    • Close the command prompt window.
    Re-start the program associated with comdlg32.ocx error.

Hope this helps resolving the issue, if issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 21, 2022
  3. llewy Win User
    "Missing Comdlg32.ocx error while running Word

Missing Comdlg32.ocx error while running an application?

Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:

A file is missing or invalid.

Every time I try to start up 'WORD' I get that message. This never happened before the latest Windows 10 upgrade.

How do I get rid of it, I'm finding it very frustrating.

I've tried the following 'cure' but it hasn't worked:

Outdated or missing comdlg32.ocx runtime library is causing this error. Here is a copy of

comdlg32.ocx
    (~60 Kb Zip). Download the file to the Desktop and extract the comdlg32.ocx to your the
    Windows\System32 folder.
    Note: If you already have a copy of comdlg32.ocx, backup the existing file to a different folder and delete it from System32 folder.

1. Download
    comdlg32.zip
    and save to Desktop.

2. Unzip the file using WinZip or any other utility.

3. Extract comdlg32.ocx to Windows\System32 folder.

4. Type the following command from Start, Run dialog:

regsvr32 %Systemroot%\System32\comdlg32.ocx

llewy, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11

COMDLG32.OCX missing

Hi, I was trying to run a program, but it says that COMDLG32.OCX is missing.

Looking for answers, I couldn't find one that solves the issue as it is missing from SysWOW64 and Sys32 as trying to register the file results in a message saying it can't be found and it isn't considered an integrity violation SFC /scannow catches.

Some answers are redirected to grabbing comctl32.ocx from Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls, but again, it's comdlg32ocx, not comctl32.ocx

I will say there is a COMDLG32.DLL, but the program calls for COMDLG32.OCX.

Anyways, is there any way I can obtain or install the file? it doesn't appear to be included with Windows 7/8.1/10 from what I've looked up.

Thundrakion, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11

1. Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Fix COMDLG32 OCX

2. Component 'COMDLG32.ocx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Component 'COMDLG32.ocx: Component 'COMDLG32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/component-comdlg32ocx/f02f6145-9118-41db-883b-da0399b9371a
  3. Component 'COMDLG32.ocx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Component 'COMDLG32.ocx: Component 'COMDLG32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/component-comdlg32ocx/f02f6145-9118-41db-883b-da0399b9371a
  4. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX": I continue to get this message, "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" It is stopping me from running a program that all of my coworkers have no issues running....
  5. 3e04.ocx failed to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3e04.ocx failed to load: My Windows 10 Pro has been giving me an error message C:\ProgramData\x86\3e04.ocx failed to load. It pops up hourly and is quite annoying. I'm not sure how to go about finding the issue in the registry and restoring the missing file....
  6. 3e04.ocx failed to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3e04.ocx failed to load: My Windows 10 Pro has been giving me an error message C:\ProgramData\x86\3e04.ocx failed to load. It pops up hourly and is quite annoying. I'm not sure how to go about finding the issue in the registry and restoring the missing file....
  7. 3e04.ocx failed to load

8. COMDLG32.OCX missing

COMDLG32.OCX missing: Hi, I was trying to run a program, but it says that COMDLG32.OCX is missing. Looking for answers, I couldn't find one that solves the issue as it is missing from SysWOW64 and Sys32 as trying to register the file results in a message saying it can't be found and it isn't...
  9. COMDLG32.ocx file is missing or in invalid

COMDLG32.ocx file is missing or in invalid: I am trying to use the program EnergyPlus V3, previously used on my Vista, on my new computer woth Windows 10 and have got the following message Component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid I checked in SysWOW64...
  10. comdlg32.ocx

comdlg32.ocx: I have a program in VB6. When I try to run it, I get an error relating to comctl32.ocx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/comdlg32ocx/bfb84ace-e390-4cd1-984f-4e13640c2ad9