Windows 10: Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows

Discus and support Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Files are Selected in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows

How to: Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows

Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Files are Selected in Windows

When you select more than 15 files in File Explorer and right click on the files, the Open, Print, Edit context menu items will be missing by default in Windows. This is by design. These context menu items will not appear if selecting more than 15 items to avoid accidentally performing these actions on a large number of files.

If you like, you can specify Windows to remove these context menu items when more than 1 to 15 items are selected, or to never remove these context menu items no matter how many files are selected.

This tutorial will show you how to fix the missing Open, Print, Edit context menu items when more than 15 files are selected in File Explorer for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Open, Print, and Edit context menu items when more than 15 files selected

Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Press the Win + R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2 Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

3 In the right pane of the Explorer key, double click/tap on the MultipleInvokePromptMinimum DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot above)

The MultipleInvokePromptMinimum DWORD is not available by default.

If you do not have the MultipleInvokePromptMinimum DWORD, then right click on an empty space in the right pane of the Explorer key, click/tap on New, click/tap on DWORD (32-bit) Value, type MultipleInvokePromptMinimum for the name, and press Enter.

4 Select (dot) Decimal, enter a number below you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Entering a number from 1 to 15 will be for when more than this number of files are selected to remove the Open, Print, Edit context menu items.

Entering a number from 16 or above will have the Open, Print, Edit context menu items show no matter how many files are selected.

5 When finished, you can close Registry Editor if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 19, 2018

2. Batch Printing Items/Context Menu: works for admin, not for user

One of our users wants to batch print items (PDFs) and often more than 15 at a time. I know that option goes away with usual settings, but I modified the registry to allow more than 15 to have full context menu options. Like this: Fix Context Menu Items Missing In Windows Explorer - gHacks Tech News

It works when I am logged in, but not when the regular user is. She doesn't have admin rights while I do. Does that have anything to do with it? Is there a way to enable it for her?

MWCCAngela, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 26, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Oct 26, 2019
  6. User919 Win User
    User919, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Selected in Windows - Similar Threads - Fix Context Menu

2. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  3. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  4. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  5. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  6. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  7. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  8. A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing: Short version: Title Long version: Also title. And I checked inside Programs and Features to see if any programs did this. Only Adobe Flash Player + Firefox + Avast updating themselves, and I installed K-Lite and WinCDEmu. Pretty sure K-Lite was not the problem. WinCDEmu...
  9. Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hide selected items to Context Menu in Windows 10 Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  10. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing: So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Fix Context Menu Items Missing when more than 15 Files are Selected in Windows

2. Context menu more than 16