Windows 10: fix critical error "start menu not working"

Discus and support fix critical error "start menu not working" in Cortana to solve the problem; how do i fix critical error start menu not working in windows 10... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoePerkins1, Feb 1, 2019.

1. fix critical error "start menu not working"

how do i fix critical error start menu not working in windows 10

:)

JoePerkins1, Feb 1, 2019

2. Critical Error message that the Start menu isn't working

Hi Patti,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the complete error message do you received?
    • When exactly do you get this error message?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps provided by Ravinath P

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

If the issue still persist, you can also visit the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Critical Error: Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Hi Sameer,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• What all steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Also, see: Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 1, 2019
  4. janki Win User

fix critical error "start menu not working"

Critical Error !! Start menu isnt working

Whenever I clicked On Start Menu it will give error
    i.e : Critical Error. your start menu isn't working.

fix critical error "start menu not working" EUC4R.png

I tried to sign out to many times but it didnt work.

but when I create new user to this pc and hit start menu from there it will work properly.

I also trid this thing Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error
    Output:

fix critical error "start menu not working" OEjLB.png

How do I resolve this issue?

I Also try these full steps from How to install start menu
    these thing also not working for me

thank You

janki, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

fix critical error "start menu not working"

1. fix critical error "start menu not working" - Similar Threads - fix critical error

2. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error - start menu not working: Any ideas as we have tried everything expect re-installing the Windows on the Surface Notebook? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/c64c98b6-f41b-42b4-8025-7cd6c4844de5
  3. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Error - start menu not working: Any ideas as we have tried everything expect re-installing the Windows on the Surface Notebook? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/c64c98b6-f41b-42b4-8025-7cd6c4844de5
  4. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Critical Error: Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error: Start Menu not working: Hi, I've been getting this error since yesterday when I reinstalled zoom, I don't know why this happens. I've tried:-Running sfc /scannow-Doing a chkdsk /f scan-dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth-entering safe mode-Running " Get-AppxPackage...
  6. Critical Error, Start menu isn't working.

Critical Error, Start menu isn't working.: I have had this problem for around two days now and I have been searching the internet for ways to fix this issue, let me break down my situation. I built this computer on Christmas in 2020, I couldn't afford to buy the license for the official Windows 10 edition so I used...
  7. Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working

Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working: I am using a MS Surface Pro Tablet. I all of a sudden am getting "Critical Error Your Start menu isn't working" How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-isnt-working/b306954b-f2c9-4b35-80c6-e4150fa0c22d
  8. Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working

Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working: [ATTACH] This is a new problem that has developed in the last day or so under 24 hours. The only thing I can recall that I have "changed" is downloading one Steam game called Among Us. I have tried almost every tutorial I could find through Google involving Run, Powershell,...
  9. critical error start menu not working

critical error start menu not working: critical error start menu not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/85162eb4-be71-43d6-ab55-0864b8e9f043
  10. fix start menu critical error

fix start menu critical error: help me fix critical error cant get start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-start-menu-critical-error/2b0d86e9-f1df-419a-bc67-0027de535d5f