Windows 10: Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10 Original title: desktop Highlighter when you click and drag across your desktop and a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carter.Kirschbaum, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10

Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10

Original title: desktop Highlighter

when you click and drag across your desktop and a blue highlighter comes up that you can adjust and highlight desktop icons, I need to know why mine has a white dotted edge and is clear instead of blue can anyone tell me the name of this highlighter and how to fix it and put it back to blue on windows 10 without doing any restarting

:)

Carter.Kirschbaum, Jan 30, 2019

2. Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10

Original title: desktop Highlighter

when you click and drag across your desktop and a blue highlighter comes up that you can adjust and highlight desktop icons, I need to know why mine has a white dotted edge and is clear instead of blue can anyone tell me the name of this highlighter and
    how to fix it and put it back to blue on windows 10 without doing any restarting

JordanWhite_865, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10

Hi Jordan,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try the SFC scan to resolve the issue. SFC scans the corrupted files and recover it automatically. SFC scans the corrupted files and recover it automatically.

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit
      Enter
    You can also follow the link below for reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2: Try the following steps to run
    DISM
    scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix desktop Highlighter

2. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  3. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  4. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  5. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10

Fix desktop Highlighter back to blue in Windows 10: My highlighter is my desktop is supposed to be blue, but its white dotted lines. This is not a big problem but sometimes when I'm bored I try to perfectly highlight objects on my wallpaper and I can't do that now. I have tried everything I could think of like using the...
  7. Desktop Highlighter

Desktop Highlighter: My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?...
  8. Remove desktop icon highlight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove desktop icon highlight?: Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I...
  9. Blue Highlighting on words

Blue Highlighting on words: I cant get ride of blue highlighting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/blue-highlighting-on-words/0ca09b74-a4eb-4b91-b80f-b508e7dd2585
  10. How to get back highlighted active windows?

How to get back highlighted active windows?: Some of the Windows 10 GUI changes ARE SO STUPID. E.g.: why is there no more clear distinction between the currently active window (the one that has keyboard focus) and the others? Previous versions highlighted the active windows by giving its border and title bar a distinct...