Windows 10: Fix Device encryption is temporarily suspended error in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix Device encryption is temporarily suspended error in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Device Encryption feature ships with both Windows Home and Pro editions; unlike the BitLocker feature that ships only with Pro edition. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 18, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Device encryption is temporarily suspended error in Windows 11/10

Fix Device encryption is temporarily suspended error in Windows 11/10 Device-encryption-is-temporarily-suspended-error.png
    The Device Encryption feature ships with both Windows Home and Pro editions; unlike the BitLocker feature that ships only with Pro edition. If you encounter the Device encryption is temporarily suspended error on your device, and even after multiple restarts it is not resumed, you can try the solutions in this post to resolve the […]

This article Fix Device encryption is temporarily suspended error in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 18, 2021
  2. KenGli Win User

Bitlocker encryption suspended - how to restart

Hi,

I recently reset the Windows 10 Home edition on my Surface 3. Everything works perfectly except for the below error message at Settings/System/About:

"Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encryption will resume automatically the next time you start restart this device site."

Does anyone know what is this about?

KenGli, Sep 18, 2021
  3. KalaIyer Win User
    Device encryption

Hi,

I had posted a question regarding the message I was getting on every start up regarding my recovery key.

Although that issue is resolved now in the device encryption settings I am getting the message as the encryption is temporarily suspended.

I have a Windows 10 Home Basic version and this does not come with a tpm.msc file in the system.

How to resolve this issue? Is it a very serious matter that the C drive is not being encrypted?

Will be grateful if the query is resolved with steps since I am not that tech savvy.

Thanks,

Kala

KalaIyer, Sep 18, 2021
  4. EETX Win User

Bitlocker encryption suspended - how to restart

KenGli,

Thanks for the post with the link. The information on the link was more than I needed and seemed well organized. I was able, after some bad keyboard errors, to resolve the problem I had with an HP 5909 tablet that showed the same error you quoted. The
    error showed up after an upgrade to Windows 10.

I enabled the encryption by using the command manage-bde -protectors -enable c:

On the tablet I had to enter the desktop mode to able to used the Powershell as an administrator. Otherwise the administrator option was not available in tablet mode.

The drive was fully encrypted but with the error message:

"Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encryption will resume automatically the next time you start restart this device site."

Thema:

1. Fix Device encryption is temporarily suspended error in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix Device encryption

2. Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encryption will resume automatically the next...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encryption will resume automatically the next...: Hi, I am facing this problem, device encryption is temporarily suspended after i did a full reset of my windows 11 home single edition. And a yellow exclamatory sign is showing on local drive icons other than system drive. can anyone help me with this problem....
  3. Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encryption will resume automatically the next...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encryption will resume automatically the next...: Hi, I am facing this problem, device encryption is temporarily suspended after i did a full reset of my windows 11 home single edition. And a yellow exclamatory sign is showing on local drive icons other than system drive. can anyone help me with this problem....
  4. Windows 11 home device encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home device encryption: I have windows 11 home version on my PC. Under Device encryption it says- Elevation required to view. What does that mean? Will I have to upgrade to Window 11 Pro to get device encryption?...
  5. How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Resume or Suspend BitLocker encryption in Windows 10: [ATTACH]BitLocker security software created by Microsoft is based on next-generation secure computing architecture. It is encrypted for all devices whether portable or non-portable to prevent third-party intrusion while working on the device. It is used by many organizations...
  6. Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encrytion will resume automatically the next...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device encryption is temporarily suspended. Encrytion will resume automatically the next...: Hi Team,After resetting my Laptop, with keeping files on . After this i am getting this error that Device encryption is temporarily suspended , Encryption will resume automatically the next time you restart this device.How can I fix this ?Windows version is Windows 10...
  7. Microsoft says it will temporarily suspend Windows 10 driver updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says it will temporarily suspend Windows 10 driver updates: Microsoft releases cumulative and driver updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 every month. Windows 10 driver updates are supposed to ensure that your computer hardware is compatible with upcoming feature updates and industry changes, without you having to do...
  8. Device Encryption error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption error: Hello, I am using a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop with Windows 10 Home and i need to have it encrypted. Due to an Error I still don't know if my device is already encrypted or not. Please note: - I know BitLocker is a Windows 10 Pro feature, I am trying for "Device...
  9. Suspended volume encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suspended volume encryption: Why does Belarc report "suspended volume encryption". [ATTACH] What should I do to correct this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspended-volume-encryption/4e2f44fe-da83-48cd-b223-ba2f770e6a74
  10. temporarily suspended account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    temporarily suspended account: Hi my account got temporarily suspended and i dont have a phone number to activate it again, in need if help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporarily-suspended-account/47ea8ea1-2ca3-42d9-9f29-9b07b5f72d81"