Windows 10: Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC

Discus and support Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Discord is an amazing app for streamers but what good it is when you can not even use the camera in it. Therefore, in this article, we will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC

Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC discord-camera.png
    Discord is an amazing app for streamers but what good it is when you can not even use the camera in it. Therefore, in this article, we will be seeing some easy solutions to fix the issue where your Discord Camera is not working. Fix Discord Camera not working Before moving forward, we recommend you […]

This article Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 28, 2021
  2. Louie_101 Win User

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Aug 28, 2021
  3. alex Win User
    Camera doesn't show video in Discord/Skype

My girlfriend's camera hasn't been working for a while. It worked fine before, but now it doesn't show the video anymore, at least in Skype/Discord. In the Camera app from Windows 10 it works perfectly fine. In Skype it before didn't even let her start the video call, since a Windows update it lets her start it, but the video simply doesn't show up. In Discord it shows a loading circle that never finishes loading.

The correct cameras are recognized and selected by each software.

We tried looking in varius settings of Discord, Skype and Windows 10 itself to see if there were any permissions missing, there weren't. We're really at a loss of ideas. The issue remains with both her inbuilt Laptop camera and an external camera.

OS is Windows 10 and her laptop is a Lenovo.

4. Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC

1. Fix Discord Camera not working on Windows PC - Similar Threads - Fix Discord Camera

2. Discord is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord is NOT working: Discord will not launch on Windows even though I tried I've tried:1. Restarted my system and opened Discord again. Saw if the problem persisted it did.2. Logged in via the Discord web version, which resets the Discord session. It worked. Later launched the app on your PC. It...
  3. Discord is NOT working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord is NOT working: Discord will not launch on Windows even though I tried I've tried:1. Restarted my system and opened Discord again. Saw if the problem persisted it did.2. Logged in via the Discord web version, which resets the Discord session. It worked. Later launched the app on your PC. It...
  4. Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.: I cannot enable or disable camera on discord via privacy settings, it doesn't show up at all in general.If I could get help with this it would be useful, it's quite painful....
  5. Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord is not showing on camera privacy settings.: I cannot enable or disable camera on discord via privacy settings, it doesn't show up at all in general.If I could get help with this it would be useful, it's quite painful....
  6. Fix Discord stopped working in game on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Discord stopped working in game on Windows PC: [ATTACH]At times, some features of Discord such as audio, overlay, microphone fail to work when they open a game. But when they close the game and join the call, it works just fine. In this article, we are going to talk more about this particular issue and will see how to...
  7. Discord Game Detection not working [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Discord Game Detection not working [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Discord Game Detection allows the user to broadcast the name of the game that they are playing. It is a cool feature that can be very useful for you, especially, if you are a gamer. However, many users are complaining about Discord Game Detection not working issue....
  8. Fix Discord is stuck on Gray screen on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Discord is stuck on Gray screen on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Some PC gamers that use Discord have reported the issue whereby the Discord app is stuck on a blank and gray screen while streaming or loading the application on their Windows 10 or Windows 11 gaming rig. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions to resolve...
  9. Fix Discord Connection issues on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Discord Connection issues on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Apart from connection errors that are usually listed in the Console Log when you encounter Discord errors, there are general Discord connection issues that you might face while gaming on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC. In this post, we will explore such issues and...
  10. Fix Discord Notifications not working on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Discord Notifications not working on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Discord is one of the best VoIP apps in the market. It has a simple UI, tons of features, and a grand network. However, a huge chunk of its “grand” network is complaining about not getting notifications in Windows 10. Therefore, in this article, we are going to see...