Windows 10: fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check...

Discus and support fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello is there a option to run a dism, or sfc scan online with the difference checker running to Microsoft if the local partition is currupted? Much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, May 5, 2020.

1. fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check...

Hello is there a option to run a dism, or sfc scan online with the difference checker running to Microsoft if the local partition is currupted? Much like how update scans for what updates are needed?

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, May 5, 2020

2. Error DISM restorehealth

Hello i just registered after i read all the pages...so opencl.dll is a problem of a windows update? Because i had no issues running sfc/scannow last month fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check... :)
    **UPDATE**
    Thanks it worked perfectly fine and it fixed any corrupted files.This worked perfectly...it was giving me a headache.Step 3 option 2 converted .esd file to .wim...! Thanks again guys.
    step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source (OPTIONAL because step 3 already fixed the issue)

stefanosgr19, May 5, 2020
  3. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Error DISM restorehealth

Having being frustrated with having the dism error (0x800f081f error) which was unfixable after a clean Windows 10 install time after time, it was great to find this fix which works a treat and and allows "sfc scannow" to complete error free as well as dism.

I do have a question though, what causes these errors in the first place? I have had the same thing happen twice in the space of 3 weeks and tonight also. Maybe it is something I am doing which I don't realise is causing it. My system is clean and the latest Windows 10 build and my system shows no symptoms of any kind.
    Again running the "Image health cmd" fixes it. Is it a case of don't worry about it and just carry on?

Thanks in advance.

Edit.... I updated my Nvidia drivers tonight. Maybe they are the culprit.

Sayjimwoo, May 5, 2020
  4. Kyhi Win User

fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check...

Error DISM restorehealth

twp things..

Executing command line: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:"D:\Users\Hali\Downloads\IMAGE_HEALTH\IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS\Temp\Mount\windows\winsxs" /LimitAccess

Place the "Image_health" folder on C - you are running the command 9 folders deep...
    Place Image_health-sxs.cmd inside "image_health" folder
    Image health sxs cmd was and is only a TEST cmd
    Image-health is the normal cmd...

[removed]

"C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" post the CBS.log

Also dism /scanhealth gives a better file report in the dism.log

Your damaged files appear to be that from a windows update, as windows update files are not on setup media..

step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source
    step 5 post dism.log and cbs.log (note: you can post logs as .txt > cbs.txt dism.txt)

Kyhi, May 5, 2020
Thema:

fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check...

1. fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error, option for online scan with Microsoft website? Diff check... - Similar Threads - fix dism ‘restorehealth’

2. [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Hi, I was trying to execute the DISM command successfully:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut got this error:Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19044.2251 Error: 998 Invalid access to memory location. The DISM...
  3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  4. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  5. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Every time I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth I get Error 0x80029c4a.I dont know how to fix this.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80029c4a-at-dism-online-cleanup-image/8d8f32db-fc1e-4cab-b53b-25bdbdb401ec
  7. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Every time I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth I get Error 0x80029c4a.I dont know how to fix this.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80029c4a-at-dism-online-cleanup-image/8d8f32db-fc1e-4cab-b53b-25bdbdb401ec
  8. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

9. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca
  10. DISM Online Restorehealth Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Online Restorehealth Error: Hello there... I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Of course I'm not running WinPE 10. Can anyone help? 34972