Windows 10: Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you run the DISM scan on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 system, you may get the Unable to access the Image Error 2, which consequently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 14, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10

Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10 DISM-Unable-to-access-the-Image-Error-2.jpg
    When you run the DISM scan on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 system, you may get the Unable to access the Image Error 2, which consequently stops the Windows system image and component store repair operation on your device. This post provides the most applicable solutions to the error. When the DISM Error 2 […]

This article Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 14, 2022
  2. Xercaium Win User

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image  

Even doing a clean install of Windows 10 gives corrupt files. Dism seems useless in Windows 10 or in it's current build. I've tried all suggested steps and doing a clean install as a last resort and still get Error: 0x800f081f.

So if the official ISO and upgrade from Microsoft is corrupted, how would someone fix this issue? The reason for me using Dism was because I was getting errors using Windows image backup and powershell giving errors, not sure if there's any other issues.

Xercaium, May 14, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image  

@Mingus, that command line looks correct, assuming you have Windows 10 Pro.

First, try it without the /limitaccess, sometimes the source files it looks for are on the windows update servers.

Have you had problems with windows update failing? Is that why you are trying Dism? If so, see the solution in post #11 in this thread.

Windows 10 Update Error Code: 0x80073712

4. Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10

1. Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix DISM Unable

2. Fixing DISM Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing DISM Error: My PC has been hard freezing for the last couple days. When I try to Run DISM the program stops at 62.3 and I get the message: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the...
  3. Fixing DISM Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing DISM Error: My PC has been hard freezing for the last couple days. When I try to Run DISM the program stops at 62.3 and I get the message: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the...
  4. Fixing DISM Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  6. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  7. Fix Nvldumd.dll Bad Image error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Nvldumd.dll Bad Image error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]DLL files are important for the functioning of the system and applications. If certain DLL files are missing or corrupt, then it can cause problems with the functioning of the system or the application. The Nvidumd.dll file is one such file. If it goes missing or gets...
  8. Fix Bad Image Error 0xc0000428 on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Bad Image Error 0xc0000428 on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Here is a full guide on how you can resolve the Bad Image Error 0xc0000428 on Windows 11/10. The bad image error code 0xc0000428 is basically triggered while starting an application or performing some other task in Windows 11/10. When triggered, you will see an error...
  9. Windows 10: Unable to download or fix files with DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: Unable to download or fix files with DISM: I put a laptop running Windows 10 Pro back in service and in the process ran all the updates. The update service reported that it could not install all of the updates and would try again later. When I attempted to put an Office 365 account on the laptop it would not...
  10. DISM Errors How To Fix It.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM Errors How To Fix It.: Win 10 Pro x64 1709 Error After using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Any tips? Stops at 85% And i Have Windows Update Service Enabled. I attached DISM Log, ty. DISM Log...