Windows 10: Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This article lists possible solutions to fix DLLRegisterserver failed with Error 0x80070715 in Windows 10. In most cases, the error occurs when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10

This article lists possible solutions to fix DLLRegisterserver failed with Error 0x80070715 in Windows 10. In most cases, the error occurs when the Volume Shadow Copy does not start or is disabled.

Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10 0x80070715.jpg

DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715

If you receive DLLRegisterserver failed with Error 0x80070715, try the following suggestions:

1. Enable the Volume Shadow Copy.
    2. Re-register DLL files required by VSS.
    3. Check if any VSS writer has an error.

Before you begin, create a system restore point first.

1] Enable the Volume Shadow Copy

You can enable the Volume Shadow Copy using the Services app of Windows 10.

Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10 DLLRegisterserver-failed-Error-0x80070715_1.png

Follow the below-listed steps:

1. Launch the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys.
    2. Type “services.msc” and click OK.
    3. In the Services window, scroll down to view Volume Shadow Copy. Once you find it, right-click on it and select Start.

Did it help? If not, try the next solution.

2] Re-register DLL files required by VSS

If the above method did not solve the issue, try re-registering the DLL files required by VSS. Before re-registering the DLL files, it is important to enable the Volume Shadow Copy, otherwise, you may get a message. “Volume Shadow Copy was not started.” In method 1, we have listed the procedure to start the VSS.

Launch the Command Prompt and enter the following commands and press Enter key after each command:

net stop vss

net stop swprv

regsvr32 ole32.dll

regsvr32 vss_ps.dll

vssvc /register

regsvr32 /I swprv.dll

Having done that, see if it has helped.

3] Check if any VSS writer has an error

To check if any of the VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) writer has an error or not, launch the Command Prompt as an Administrator and type the following command, and press Enter.

vssadmin list writers

Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10 DLLRegisterserver-failed-Error-0x80070715_2-421x500.png

You have to wait till the process gets completed. If you find an error in any of the VSS writers, run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt and press Enter after typing each command.

cd c:\Windows\System32

net stop vss

net stop swprv

regsvr32 ole32.dll

regsvr32 oleaut32.dll

regsvr32 vss_ps.dll

Vssvc /Register

regsvr32 /i swprv.dll

regsvr32 /i eventcls.dll

regsvr32 es.dll

regsvr32 stdprov.dll

regsvr32 vssui.dll

regsvr32 msxml.dll

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

regsvr32 msxml4.dll

net start vss

shutdown /r (reboot)

After rebooting the system, check the status of the VSS writers by entering the same command written above in this method. Now, the VSS service should function properly.

We hope this post helped you solve the issue.

Read next: MSVCR100.dll, MSVCR71.dll or MSVCR120.dll is missing.

Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10 0x80070715.jpg
    This article Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 5, 2021
  2. tomtalk24 Win User

Windows 10 System Image Backup error: System Error: Access is denied, System Restore error: "0x80042306"

Hi, getting errors.

The module "swprv.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80070715

The moodule "eventcls.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070715

The module "es.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found

The module "vssui.dll" failed to load

The module "msxml.dll" failed to load

the module "msxml4.sll" failed to load

Rebooted and Backup failed while performing the Shadow Copy.

Thanks

tomtalk24, May 5, 2021
  3. hrairk Win User
    The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

Thanks for the reply Riel.

A.User shares two links on the page you suggested, the first one "MSCOMCTL.OCX dependency error attempting to install FLAC frontend" addresses the exact issue I'm facing with MSCOMCTL.OCX, the second link is not relevant.

On the first link's page, user k.c.s. shares detailed instructions on how to get the MSCOMCTL.OCX registered properly in a 64bit environment, however at the very last step (when we execute regsvr32) I'm getting the error:

"The module 'mscomctl.ocx' was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"

The desired outcome of regsvr32 is to get the following message:

"DllRegisterServer in mscomctl.ocx succeeded"

As a side note, I've also run the SubInAcl tool to grant administrators the proper rights to make registry changes (thinking this might be a permissions issue with the registry). However, this did not resolve the DllRegisterServer failure. In case you wanna
    see this solution given by user quella3,
    here it is

Appreciate the continued help on this.

-H

hrairk, May 5, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried downloading and installing Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls from this
    link?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x80070715 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix DLLRegisterserver failed

2. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009: The issue is already posted in this link but it is locked: Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009 - Microsoft CommunityMy search for this error code got me to that post but the answer does not solve it. I later got the solution but can't post it there...
  3. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009: The issue is already posted in this link but it is locked: Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009 - Microsoft CommunityMy search for this error code got me to that post but the answer does not solve it. I later got the solution but can't post it there...
  4. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 installation failed with no error code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation failed with no error code.: I am currently trying to upgrade my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, However, after at least four tries of getting this thing to work, which each of those being a consistent failure, I have decided to ask the forums here for help.P.S. My computer currently fits all of...
  6. Fix SteamVR Fail Error Code -203

in Windows 10 News
    Fix SteamVR Fail Error Code -203: [ATTACH]A lot of users have complained about Error Code -203 on SteamVR. As per the reports, a game crashes when trying to play it in the SteamVR with the error code in question. This can happen because of multiple reasons, but the good news is that it can be resolved pretty...
  7. DllRegisterServer was not found in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    DllRegisterServer was not found in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you facing the error message DllRegisterServer was not found on your Windows PC? Are you searching here for the perfect fix for this annoying solution? If yes, we are here with absolute help for you. The module was loaded but the entry-point dllregisterserver was...
  8. MSCOMCTL.OCX errors, DLLregisterserver failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSCOMCTL.OCX errors, DLLregisterserver failed: I am trying to run a piece of software and when I do I get the following error: Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. I searched for it and found the file and copied it to the syswow64 folder. I then...
  9. Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80020009: I am trying to do as below and getting below error. Kindly support. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-dllregisterserver-failed-with-error-code/a9d5f200-4733-4b44-a993-6f2df78e8fe4
  10. error code 0x80070715 windows 8.1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error code 0x80070715 windows 8.1: I keep getting this error when I try to open Windows Defender. Any solution besides reinstalling Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/error-code-0x80070715-windows-81/9716b82b-ae67-47aa-834f-71157e916e81