Windows 10: Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]You may see two similar account names on your Login, Sign In screen or Lockscreen in Windows 10. This happens when you enable the automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10

Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10 disable-autologin.jpg
    You may see two similar account names on your Login, Sign In screen or Lockscreen in Windows 10. This happens when you enable the automatic login feature but then end up changing the password or name of the computer. In this article, we are going to fix the Duplicate username issue. Duplicate username at Login […]

This article Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 20, 2021
  2. bensan Win User

duplicate of my username on the login screen

hey guys.
    i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen.
    i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my settings and files, maybe i deleted the wrong one??)
    any ways, is there something that i am missing?
    Thanks in advanced!

bensan, Jun 20, 2021
  3. How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the Run box. Type cmd and press Enter.
    2. When the Command Prompt window opens, type query user and press Enter. It will list all users that are currently logged on your computer.

RainbowPride, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Nvarvil Win User

Recover your username result screen won’t let me sign-in. Windows 10

When I opened my laptop today, I was shown a list of new things I could do with Windows 10. When I tried to go past that, I was asked to sign in. A screen said i needed be sure I was using the correct username. I had a text sent to me with email address confirmation code which I entered on online screen.
    A screen now says
    Microsoft
    Recover your username

Xxx xxx xxxx (my phone number) is associated with the following username:

My correct email address is listed under that.

The Sign-in button below that on the right is grayed out and won’t let me sign in. I have shut down and restarted my computer and also waited an hour.

How can I get my computer to let me sign in?

Nvarvil, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Duplicate username

2. Username changed on login to Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username changed on login to Windows 10: When you first boot your system. You see your picture with your username below and are prompted for a pin. Somehow my user name has been changed to Customer Service. Everything is working fine but instead of my usual username I get "Customer Service". I have also been told...
  3. Windows 10 duplicate User login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 duplicate User login: I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took a picture of my face and kept going. After it was setup I looked up the instructions to change the face photo and sat my...
  4. Duplicate login on Lock screen.

Duplicate login on Lock screen.: This has taken me months but I have finally got it ! After a w10 update I suddenly had 2 log in accounts,when trying to open my laptop with login disabled. both in my name changing name doesn't work, it just duplicates it! one with pic my real account the other had no pic...
  5. Username login

Username login: When I first received my laptop, I linked my old microsoft account. Months ago, I deleted it because I saw no use in it, but replaced it with my school email instead. Recently, I tried installing an app from the store but I needed to create a new account because my school...
  6. Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

Change the username in Windows 10 login screen: I have one microsoft account, only me on two computers. My husband has his computer with my account on it. How can I change his welcome page as it says my name, not his. ***Original Title: MSN welcome greeting name***...
  7. duplicate of my username on the login screen

duplicate of my username on the login screen: hey guys. i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen. i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my...
  8. Disable Login Screen Username and Email?

Disable Login Screen Username and Email?: Hey guys, so i am making my first thread here on the 10 forums. My question is as stated in the title: Can i remove the Username and Email that is being shown on the Windows 10 Login screen? (And preferably the account picture to). I want only the password box to be left, and...
  9. Duplicate username / remove password.

Duplicate username / remove password.: I was trying to disable the password for my (one) user on my PC. I have now ended up with two users, both with the same name. One is displayed as just the user name , the other has , but with my email address shown below it. When I start the computer the bald one (no...
  10. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there: this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage accounts shows only 1 user netplwiz shows only 1 user Attachment 41142 all default accounts are disabled [img] Where has...