Windows 10: Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk'

Discus and support Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Evening all, I recently found out my old HP Pavillion G6 Laptop 750gb hard drive which I have tried to access on my Dual-booted iMac (windows version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamCam, May 2, 2020.

1. JamCam Win User

Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk'

Evening all,

I recently found out my old HP Pavillion G6 Laptop 750gb hard drive which I have tried to access on my Dual-booted iMac (windows version 1903). However, in Disk Management is says 'Disk 2 - Dynamic - Invalid'. The option to Convert to Basic disc is greyed out but I do not want to lose any data from it as there is valuable work and photos on there.

My question is: is there an easy way to solve this (preferably for free) WITHOUT losing any data? Unfortunately my HP Pavillion laptop has gone so using my iMac in Windows mode is the only way I can access the drive.

I appreciate any advice and recovering data would mean a lot to me!

Many thanks,
    James *Smile

:)

JamCam, May 2, 2020
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, May 2, 2020
  3. hello2012 Win User
    hello2012, May 2, 2020
  4. Gizerjark Win User

Invalid System Disk

Iam trying to flash my video card with a different bios for my radeon 9600, i followed some tutorial and made a bootable floppy and put FlashRom and the bios in it but when i try to boot with it is says Invalid System Disk.
    Is there anyway to fix this ?
    Also my motherboard is Asus P5P800 if that would help.

Gizerjark, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk' - Similar Threads - Fix 'Dynamic Invalid

2. Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa: [IMG]When creating a virtual machine, you are asked to select a disk type, you can either go for Fixed Disk or Dynamic Disk. What if you went for a Fixed Disk and later on realized that you need a dynamic one, or vice-versa? Well! You can convert one into another. In this...
  3. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  4. Windows cannot be installed on Dynamic Disk [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot be installed on Dynamic Disk [Fix]: [IMG]Some PC users may see Windows cannot be installed on Dynamic Disk when you try to install the operating system on a computer. This post offers applicable suggestions that can help you get past this issue. Below is the full error message that you’ll receive when the issue...
  5. Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated on Dynamic disk !: Hey everyone , I have a laptop with a Windows 10 installed on an SSD [:C] and I've extra SSD slot with another 1 TB SSD [:E] installed into it . I've recently installed dual boot Ubuntu on on my [:E] disk by first unallocating 500 GB for the installation , after...
  6. My disk is Dynamic!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My disk is Dynamic!: Can you tell me how to change Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-is-dynamic/2f5fac23-d9d7-4288-a225-3b6ba936a6c5
  7. Dynamic Invalid Hard Drive Repair or Backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamic Invalid Hard Drive Repair or Backup: Hi Everyone! Not 100% sure this is the right place to post this but let me give you the situation. I recently had a computer with 2 4tb drives RAID 1 in it as my primary backups for my home. They were a little over 50% full when that motherboard died. I am trying to bring up...
  8. Invalid Dynamic disk

Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  9. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  10. Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help

Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help: Hi, Not sute what happend but just noticed that one of my 1TB disks cannot be seen in Win10 1709 Exp. It shows as Dynamic Invalid. I have to parts that I nhave much data in. Is is full of audio files and the other of dp\ocs and p0ds etc. I have used cgisecurity...