Windows 10: Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows command line is a very useful utility for advanced users. Fixing system files, checking the disk for errors, and many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 4, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 4, 2019
  2. sad-icus Win User

Error Code 0xc000000e “element not found” bootrec /fixboot

Error Code 0xc000000e

attempting Win10 Recovery from USB

Trying to fix corrupted “C” drive yet the recovery command prompt stars at “x:\Sources>”

“element not found” bootrec /fixboot

How to select the correct disk and make the Windows active and run the commands again?

If the commands are run from “x:\Sources>” or "x:\Windows\System32" it gives the same error.

here is what's been tried: [FIX] Windows 10 Master Boot Record Is Corrupted

• BOOTREC /FIXMBR (ok)

• BOOTREC /FIXBOOT (“element not found”)

• BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD (have not made it to this step)

sad-icus, Feb 4, 2019
  3. DAN
    Dan Win User
    BOOTREC /FIXBOOT => Element not found

So the other day, there is a post about this here but there have been some developments, I installed Linux Kali to dual boot and messed up the booting of my PC.

After messing around with the boot files I finally got it to boot the Windows 10 partition using this code

But it failed and I got a message similar to this.

Yes that is the one for Windows 7, I couldn't find the Windows 10 version. I believe the error code and extra information was different.

To fix the problem I followed these steps found here and here (the BurrWalnut answer)

The problem is when I enter the command BOOTREC /FIXBOOT the output is Element not found and when I enter the command BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD it scans for operating systems, finds windows, asks if I want to add a boot for it, I enter Y and then it gives the output Element not found.

I would really appreciate any help in fixing the problem

4. DeanWP Win User

Windows 10 No such device entering grub rescue

The thread you linked to does not help, using the steps taken in that thread nothing changes.

After a lot of searching when i boot i now i have the error Windows failed to start File:\Boot\BCD Status: 0xc000000f. However when I try to fix this using methods suggested elsewhere online I get the following results:

• bootrec /fixmbr
    • The operation completed successfully

• bootrec /fixboot
    • Element not found

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    • Finds 1 identified windows installation however when i click A to add it to the boot list it returns element not found.

• bootrec /scanos
    • Finds 1 installation of windows and completes successfully

DeanWP, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix Element Not Found error for Bootrec /Fixboot on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Element Found

2. Bootrec /rebuildbcd gives "Element not found."

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootrec /rebuildbcd gives "Element not found.": Hi folks, Long story short, I moved my C:/ partition and now I can't boot into Windows. I get a 0xc000000f error when I try - boot configuration data is missing or contains errors, file: \Boot\BCD - and it is an MBR disk. I suspect what I need to do is rebuild the boot...
  3. Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error: I am trying to repair Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. The USB windows repair boot disc wont repair it automatically so went to the Troubleshoot menu and the command line tools where your articles suggest I try the following commands. Bootrec /fixmbr, This seems to work....
  4. Bootrec /fixboot access denied?

Bootrec /fixboot access denied?: My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec /fixboot but get access denied. I reformated boot partition to FAT32, copied boot files using bcdboot from \windows directory...
  5. "bootrec /scanos" not working, "bootrec /rebuildbcd" not working, "bootrec /FixBoot" not...

"bootrec /scanos" not working, "bootrec /rebuildbcd" not working, "bootrec /FixBoot" not...: This answer from last year seemed to address the non-booting issue, but completely ignores the original problem statement, "Might be worth nothing that bootrec /fixboot returned as having denied access."...
  6. Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied: Hello. I have followed all the instruction and type in cmd starting from: Diskpart -> list disk and sel disk 0. Now i am stuck on "List Volume" on the cmd. I have 4 volumes on my screen : Vol 0 as C- OS NTFS partition, Vol 1 as E- Recovery partition, Vol 2 as "blank (aka...
  7. Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found"

Bootrec /fixboot → "Element not found": Using Macrium Reflect, I cloned my system SSD to a larger SSD, but the new SSD won't boot. (error 0xc000000e; this is obviously after powering down and disconnecting the old SSD.) This is on an old PC using BIOS booting and MBR disks. I created a Windows 10 installation DVD,...
  8. FIX bootrec /FixBoot Access is denied error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    FIX bootrec /FixBoot Access is denied error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The bootrec /FixBoot Access is denied error mostly occurs while fixing boot related issues inside Command Prompt. It is related to the Boot Manager. There are some other causes for this issue too, but it usually revolves around the notion [...] This post FIX...
  9. Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error: I encountered winlog.exe missing/corrupted issue during laptop startup. Have googled up solutions in repairing with USB bootable drive but did not help. There's other recommendations to enter command prompt and enter the few bootrec commands. However upon entering Bootrec...
  10. Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied on bootrec /fixboot: Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 1809 recently. It crashed after a system restore and did not boot anymore. So I used the installation disk and tried out the inbuilt repair functions, which did not work. I also tried line commands, which worked expect bootrec /fixboot....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootrec /fixboot element not found windows 10

2. windows 10 bootrec not found

3. bootrec /fixboot element not found

4. bootrec /rebuildbcd élément not found,
  5. bootrec fixboot not found,
  6. Error Code 0xc000000e “element not found” bootrec /fixboot,
  7. mbr bootrec /fixboot element not found,
  8. bootrec /fixboot element not found windows 2008 r2,
  9. bootrec /fixboot element not found boot dvd,
  10. bootrec fixboot element not found MBR disk,
  11. windows 10 bootrec fixboot element not found,