Windows 10: Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome

Discus and support Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Google Chrome web browser checks the SSL Security Certificate of the web page that the user is trying to access. If it is unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 11, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome

WinClub, Jan 11, 2019

2. I get error message "ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT" while opening facebook through Google chrome and EDGE

Hi Antoney,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Do you get the same error while you access the Facebook through Internet Explorer?

• Do you use any proxy server to access internet?
    Based on your description, it appears that you are receiving error message:
    ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT): Bad SSL client authentication certificate.

As you are using Google Chrome, I would recommend you to post your query in Google Chrome support forum for better assistance on the issue.

Since you are not able to access the Facebook through Microsoft EDGE also,
    you may optimize your browser by clearing cache and temporary internet files to make sure that your browser setting doesn’t contribute to your issue. Please check the below steps for instructions.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More
      actions (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Click on choose what to clear under
      clear browsing data.

• Check all the options under clear browsing data page and click on
      Clear button.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 11, 2019
  3. I get error message "ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT" while opening facebook through Google chrome and EDGE

Original title: Mr.Antoney chacko

I am getting the following error message when ope facebook.How to fix it.In Google Chrome and Microsoft edge

problem occur. Certificate-based authentication failed

ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT

This server requires a certificate for authentication, and didn't accept the one sent by the browser. Your certificate may have expired, or the server may not trust its issuer. You can try again with a different certificate, if you have one, or you
    may have to obtain a valid certificate from elsewhere.

antoneychacko, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error

2. Fix Google Chrome Critical Error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Google Chrome Critical Error on Windows PC: [ATTACH]At times, as a Chrome browser user, you may see the Google Chrome Critical error on your Windows 11/10 PC. In this guide, we explain what it is and how you can resolve this issue. What is Critical Error in Chrome? The critical error on Google Chrome is a fake error...
  3. How to fix ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?: How to fix ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?Sometimes, when I launch my Chrome browser, it flashes a warning reading as Your Connection is Not Private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information. My email tga249511How to fix this error?...
  4. How to fix ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?: How to fix ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?Sometimes, when I launch my Chrome browser, it flashes a warning reading as Your Connection is Not Private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information. My email tga249511How to fix this error?...
  5. How to fix ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. fix my google chrome shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fix my google chrome shortcut: fix my google chrome shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emma34/c8eec995-8d16-41a2-917b-d036176cfb8d
  7. Google Chrome Critical Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Critical Error: Upon waking machine and getting MWB Premium auto scan with no results. Newly installed MWB (2 days ago) Firewall Control with no alerts and A scan with WD with no results. I didn't check that link LOL. Phone number is from Canada, so ? I get immediate alerts from my...
  8. Fix ERR_UNSAFE_PORT error on Google Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix ERR_UNSAFE_PORT error on Google Chrome on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Google Chrome is the world’s most used web browser. But like any other software, it is prone to errors. One such error is the ERR_UNSAFE_PORT error. This is caused due to data being accessed using a port that is not recommended. [...] This post Fix...
  9. Fixing to dump Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Fixing to dump Google Chrome: II open Chrome, do my searches etc. etc. When I am done, I go to Ccleaner and clean. Go back to chrome an open history - clean nothing there except for the current browser opening. I then go to the search box and type in ONE LETTER and a box opens off the search box showing...
  10. Google Chrome display lag FIX

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome display lag FIX: A common issue I am finding with Windows 10 is display lag, particularly in the address bar. The vast majority of these issues I have seen have been resolved by simply disabling "Use Hardware Acceleration when available". To do this simply go to Chrome > Settings > Advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. err_bad_ssl_client_auth_cert google chrome