Windows 10: Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome

Discus and support Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Google Chrome web browser checks the SSL Security Certificate of the web page that the user is trying to access. If it is unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 11, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome

WinClub, Jan 11, 2019

2. I get error message "ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT" while opening facebook through Google chrome and EDGE

Hi Antoney,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Do you get the same error while you access the Facebook through Internet Explorer?

• Do you use any proxy server to access internet?
    Based on your description, it appears that you are receiving error message:
    ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT): Bad SSL client authentication certificate.

As you are using Google Chrome, I would recommend you to post your query in Google Chrome support forum for better assistance on the issue.

Since you are not able to access the Facebook through Microsoft EDGE also,
    you may optimize your browser by clearing cache and temporary internet files to make sure that your browser setting doesn’t contribute to your issue. Please check the below steps for instructions.

• Open Edge browser, select
      More
      actions (…) (At top right corner) from the address bar, choose
      Settings.

• Click on choose what to clear under
      clear browsing data.

• Check all the options under clear browsing data page and click on
      Clear button.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 11, 2019
  3. I get error message "ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT" while opening facebook through Google chrome and EDGE

Original title: Mr.Antoney chacko

I am getting the following error message when ope facebook.How to fix it.In Google Chrome and Microsoft edge

problem occur. Certificate-based authentication failed

ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT

This server requires a certificate for authentication, and didn't accept the one sent by the browser. Your certificate may have expired, or the server may not trust its issuer. You can try again with a different certificate, if you have one, or you
    may have to obtain a valid certificate from elsewhere.

antoneychacko, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error for Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Fix ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error

2. Google Chrome Critical Error Message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Critical Error Message: I occasionally get the Google Chrome Critical Error Message appearing on my screen with the note to contact Microsoft support and a phone number of 888-272-2473. Is this a bogus message and does the phone number 888-272- actually get you to Microsoft support?...
  3. google chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome: why won't my google chrome work any more? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/7a526948-68fd-4e05-a984-b9c6a334f1f6
  4. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome: How do I reinstall Google Chrome on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/9934c24a-2486-4f9c-b560-0a3bd9ad5e86
  5. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome: when I open Google Chrome Email and click on an email, I get an error 301 message, not connected to Google. the site locks and I cannot proceed .How do I fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/7d52fcea-1081-4a10-9eab-27715f48cd9f
  6. Fixing the Google Chrome error: "Your Preferences Can Not Be Read"

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fixing the Google Chrome error: "Your Preferences Can Not Be Read": Google’s Chrome web browser is a popular one and is known for it’s speed and reliability, but all web browsers encounter issues from time to time. If you get the error message “Your Preferences can not be read. Some features may be unavailable and changes to preferences won’t...
  7. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  8. Fixing to dump Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Fixing to dump Google Chrome: II open Chrome, do my searches etc. etc. When I am done, I go to Ccleaner and clean. Go back to chrome an open history - clean nothing there except for the current browser opening. I then go to the search box and type in ONE LETTER and a box opens off the search box showing...
  9. Google Chrome Update Fixes Audio Stutter

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Update Fixes Audio Stutter: Google Chrome Update released today fixes the audio stutter that a large number of users who have upgraded to w10 have been experiencing. No need to use : --audio-buffer-size=8192 and forcewaveaudio To update, go to Far right up ( Customize and Control Google Chrome )...
  10. Google Chrome display lag FIX

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome display lag FIX: A common issue I am finding with Windows 10 is display lag, particularly in the address bar. The vast majority of these issues I have seen have been resolved by simply disabling "Use Hardware Acceleration when available". To do this simply go to Chrome > Settings > Advanced...