Windows 10: Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser

Discus and support Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you encounter ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in Chrome when browsing a few websites, this means, the browser is not able to establish a stable or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 13, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser

Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser ERR_CONNECTION_RESET-Chrome-Error-100x100.png
    If you encounter ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in Chrome when browsing a few websites, this means, the browser is not able to establish a stable or absolutely no connection with the website you want to open. While some websites open just fine, others show [...]

This post Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Err_connection_reset windows 10

Hello all.

I am having problems with the err_connection_reset issue on chrome having moved to a new house with a new windows 10 laptop. The internet is failing to load across all browsers including internet explorer. It largely fails to load, resulting in err_connection_reset,
    but does also occasionally work only to crash again later. I have disabled mcafee antivirus and tried netsh winsock reset, but the results are only temporary before the problem occurs again. I know the internet/wi-fi is okay, because everything loads fine
    on my phone and for other devices in the house. Feeling frustrated now, having fiddled around with this for a week. Can anyone offer any solutions? It would be much appreciated!

BethStewart1, Sep 13, 2018
  4. cheesy999 Win User

Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

That's why i started using chrome a while ago, i know there is always an extension to do something in Firefox, but at the end of the day i prefer it if the browser just happens to include these features.

There are other things that pushed me to chrome as well
    • Firefox 4-6 were full of bugs
    • The add-ons have to be updated manually in firefox
    • Google chrome will synchronise every single setting in the browser including the add-ons i have across all of my computers without a single add-on needed (to do the synchronisation of course, i still use them for other things)
    • Chrome works faster for me
    • Chrome has that brilliant start page
    • I could go on all day, there aren't any massive things Firefox is missing, it's all the small things it's missing that add up and make Google chrome better.

cheesy999, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Chrome browser - Similar Threads - Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error

2. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error on Microsoft Edge: Whenever I try to go onto certain websites, I'll type the URL in the search bar, but then my screen will just display an "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" message. This has started since about a week ago.It often happens on more than one website, and I've tried many solutions to try and...
  3. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error on Microsoft Edge: Whenever I try to go onto certain websites, I'll type the URL in the search bar, but then my screen will just display an "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" message. This has started since about a week ago.It often happens on more than one website, and I've tried many solutions to try and...
  4. Fix RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Fix RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome browser: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how you can overcome the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error on Chrome. Google Chrome is undoubtedly the best Internet browser. However, many users have reported facing RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA Error on Chrome. This error stops you from visiting...
  5. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET: [ATTACH] Have an issue connecting to my ISP re sending emails Inbox updates ok or trying to access the webmail site of my ISP. Get the following Error message This site can't be reached ERR_CONNECTION RESET. I know there's nothing wrong with the site because I can reach it...
  6. Resolve an errors "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" AND "ERR_TIMED_OUT" on chrome

Resolve an errors "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" AND "ERR_TIMED_OUT" on chrome: Please help me to resolve an errors "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" and "ERR_TIMED_OUT" show on social media websites Hi5.com /tagged.com these web sites unable to load...
  7. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error: I am Getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on few websites when ever I am trying connect but they working fine on my cellphone or even on y desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errconnectionreset-error/9f9f2126-c979-488a-bdff-d1d89c6f425e
  8. Weird ERR_Connection_reset error with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird ERR_Connection_reset error with Windows 10: My family needs to use a custom platform for their business from a 3rd party provider and they've realized they are having problems with PCs running Windows 10. They don't have any other problems except this web site or no problem with this website with PCs running Windows 7...
  9. Chrome not showing as an option for default browser (Fixed)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome not showing as an option for default browser (Fixed): I've been seeing a lot of issues regarding Google Chrome not showing in Windows Setting to set as a default browser. Fortunately, I've found a solution. 1. First go to Default Apps in Windows Setting. 2. Scroll down to find Set defaults by app as the last option and click...
  10. how to fix small text on chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    how to fix small text on chrome browser: I am running the lastest version of Google's Chrome browser, somehow something changed and now the text in the address bar is small, the extension icons just to the right of the address bar are small and the text on the bottom taskbar showing downloads is also small, is there...