Windows 10: Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In this post, we will see how to fix 0X800F080C .NET Framework error on Windows 10. which you may face while installing or setting it up. The error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10

In this post, we will see how to fix 0X800F080C .NET Framework error on Windows 10. which you may face while installing or setting it up. The error indicates that there may be some corrupted files or corrupted .NET Framework dependencies in the system. Users facing this issue are not able to install the missing .NET Framework packages and run some specific program files on their system.

Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 0X800F080C.png

0X800F080C .NET Framework error

If you face this issue, try the following methods to solve it:

1. Enable .NET Framework in Clean Boot State.
    2. Run the .NET repair tool.
    3. Run SFC scan.
    4. Run DISM scan.
    5. Download .NET Framework offline installer.
    1] Enable .NET Framework in the Control Panel

Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 0X800F080C-.NET-Framework-error-1.png

Many apps or software require a specific version of the .NET Framework. Sometimes, users encounter a message while running an app or software, “This application requires .NET Framework to run, but that version is not installed on your system.”

You can enable the .NET Framework version in the Control Panel – even better – do it in Clean Boot State.

Type Windows Features in the Windows 10 search box and click “Turn Windows features on or off.” Now, select the required version checkbox and click OK.

This will install the .NET package on your system. You should be connected to the internet while enabling the .NET Framework using Windows Features. Reboot your device if you will get such a prompt message on the screen.

Do note that you need not select the checkboxes for Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) HTTP Activation and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) Non-HTTP Activation, as these features are required by developers or service administrators.

2] Run .NET Framework Repair Tool by Microsoft

Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 0X800F080C-.NET-Framework-error-2.png

Microsoft Corporation provides a .NET Framework Repair Tool to Windows users. This tool scans the system for corrupt .NET dependencies and repairs them. It is a portable software that means you need not install it on your PC. Simply double-click on the downloaded file and it will run on your PC. Click Next to start the tool to repair the corrupted .NET dependencies. When the repair process is completed, click Finish and restart your computer.

If this method did not work for you, move ahead to the next one.

3] Run SFC scan on your PC

SFC or System File Checker is a utility for Windows computers provided by Microsoft. It scans the system for corrupted files and repairs them. To perform an SFC scan on your computer, launch the Command Prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow, and press Enter.

It may take some time to scan the entire system for corrupted files. When the scan gets completed, restart your computer.

4] Run the DISM scan on your PC

You can deploy .NET Framework 3.5 on your system using the DISM scan. The DISM command-line tool will create a modified image on your system to deploy the .NET Framework version. Launch the Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following command and press Enter.

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All

The above command will install the .NET Framework 3.5 files from the Windows Update.

Hence, make sure that you are connected to the internet while executing the above command. When the command gets completed, restart your computer.

5] Download .NET Framework offline installer

You can also download .NET Framework offline installer service pack from the Microsoft website. After downloading it, install it on your PC.

We hope one of the above solutions helps you fix the error.

Related links that may interest you:

Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 0X800F080C.png
    This article Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 28, 2021

2. .NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Aparody Win User
    Install .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10

Is it even possible, the help for this is of no use.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...lation-error-0x800f0906-0x800f081f-0x800f0907

This is the bit thats applicable to me.

To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.

Method 2 isn't mentioned anywhere.

Further more if i download the framework installer and run the dotnetfx35setup.exe file i get a window that says it requires the framework its trying to install, so its a loop that requires the framework to install the framework.

Next issue is that if i try to turn it on from Programs and Features in the control panel it throws me back to the initial error of not being able to install it which takes me back to the link above and method for fixing it which doesn't include the information
    for Method 2.

I'm starting to think MS are purposely making it uninstallable at this point.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Aparody, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10

Installing .Net Framework Error: 0x800f080c Feature name netfx3 is unknown

Could someone please make my deleted answer disappear, it's already included in the question, don't remove this line
    When I run the .Net Framework 3.5 Installer I get the following error: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes. When I try to enable .Net framework in the command prompt I get the following error:

C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

When I go to Windows Features, my list looks like this.

My whole .Net Framework is completely gone.

This is how registry looks like.

My applications like paint.net, discord, UDK, UE4 and Windows Troubleshooter don't work.

I tried to install .net Framework using Server Manager, bu that also requires .Net Framework

UT3 Editor works though Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 :)

Here is the error I'm receiving:

v4.0

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

OK

And here are my specs:

To add more important information, in "Control Panel\System and Security\System" System type is "64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor"

Edit: some of my issues have been fixed because Framework 4.8 automatically reinstalled itself by an update, .net 1.1 and 2 are install-able, so it's just waiting until the apps I use add .Net 4.8 Support, Thank you all for your replies!

Could someone please make my deleted answer disappear, it's already included in the question, don't remove this line

Kevin Crans, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10

1. Fix Error 0X800F080C when installing .NET Framework on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Error 0X800F080C

2. Error when trying to install .NET Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to install .NET Framework 3.5: A few days ago, I noticed I couldn't run some applications because of .NET Framework 3.5 not being installed on my system.I downloaded the installer from https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=21 but when I tried to run the installer,It said this:I tried...
  3. .NET Framework installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework installation error: I just first opened my Windows 7, installed an app called "SafeInCloud", and when I try to open it, it says that I need .NET Framework 4.6.2, here is a screenshot:So I clicked "yes", installed the .NET Framework installer, opened it, and it says ".NET Framework 4.8 has not...
  4. .NET Framework installation error

.NET Framework installation error: I just first opened my Windows 7, installed an app called "SafeInCloud", and when I try to open it, it says that I need .NET Framework 4.6.2, here is a screenshot:So I clicked "yes", installed the .NET Framework installer, opened it, and it says ".NET Framework 4.8 has not...
  5. Fix 0x800F0954 error when installing .NET Framework in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x800F0954 error when installing .NET Framework in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]While installing .NET Framework 3.5 on the system, many users have reported coming across Error code 0x800F0954. The error message also occurs upon installing different Optional features in Windows 11/10. Windows couldn’t complete the requested changes. The changes...
  6. Error when installing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when installing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10: Hi,When I try installing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 I get this error:0x8024402c.I have installed Windows 10 by using the tool :Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.The drive in which I installed Windows is C.Does this mean that I have to install windows again on a bootable driver...
  7. Error when installing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10

Error when installing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10: Hi,When I try installing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 I get this error:0x8024402c.I have installed Windows 10 by using the tool :Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.The drive in which I installed Windows is C.Does this mean that I have to install windows again on a bootable driver...
  8. Error when installing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Error 0x0800736b3 when installing .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x0800736b3 when installing .net framework 3.5: Hello everyone how are you doing? So I got the cumulative update KB5001028 for windows 10. Tried installing it but got error 0x800f081f, which I read is caused by a faulty .net framework 3.5 installation. I tried downloading both online and offline installed from microsoft...
  10. .Net Framework Install Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net Framework Install Error: When I install .Net Framework 3.5, it is failed with "error code 0x800f0954". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-install-error/58acab15-c5dd-4ab5-a6db-2e89d362c931

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism net 0x8024402c