Windows 10: Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..."

Discus and support Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..." in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever i tried copy, delete, rename or modify folder having a movie file with the appropriate .srt file, after watching them, i used to receive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kok8, Oct 10, 2016.

1. kok8 Win User

Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..."

Whenever i tried copy, delete, rename or modify folder having a movie file with the appropriate .srt file, after watching them, i used to receive the following error: "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.Close the folder and try again." *Sad

Following is the solution to my problem:

I found out that it was provoked my VLC movie player which i had it as default windows player.

The solution is quite easy: *chuckle

Open the Settings app and then click on "System". From the "System Settings" section look for "Default Apps" option in the left side. Scroll down a bit if you do not find the option.

Go to the right side and scroll down to “Set defaults by app”. From the left column choose "Movies & TV" app and from the right side “Choose defaults for this program” button, mark the "Choose all" option and then "Save". *Cool

:)

2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 10, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..."

1. Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..." - Similar Threads - Fix Error Folder

2. I can’t find my action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can’t find my action Center: Hello everyone I have a windows 10 operating system but for some reason i cant find the action center. I even tried to press ctrl+A but that didnt work thank you -Madesh...
  3. Can’t use my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t use my computer: I had to factory reset my computer because it was getting slow. My friend told me about the new update not liking something she had on her computer, so I thought I would be fine, considering I’d be getting rid of everything on the computer. I’m trying to set it up again, but...
  4. Windows 10 says activation can’t be completed at this time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 says activation can’t be completed at this time: built a new computer recently. Made sure old computer was linked . Performed a full reset on my old computer as told through the activation help forum. On my new current computer it still says activation is not possible at this time....
  5. File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File in Use: The action can't be completed becouse the file is open in another program.: I cleaned out my computer and wanted to back up my computer manualy to OneDrive whitch I knew how to do that, What I did was I right clicked on the Local Disk (C:) and clicked on coppy but now this window error poped up on my screen saying this "[ATTACH]...
  6. Can’t complete windows defender offline scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t complete windows defender offline scan: I just bought my laptop a while ago, all the updates are up to date. Just a few weeks a go i got some scam message or maybe virus from a webpage. I did a full scan nothing hits so i tried to do an offline scan but everytime when it gets to 90 something percent it would stop,...
  7. Fix We can’t reach this page error in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Fix We can’t reach this page error in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] If you are not able to use the internet with your Microsoft Edge browser, even when you are connected to the Internet and you see a message – Hmm, we can’t reach this page, follow this article for some suggestions [...] This post Fix We can’t reach this page error...
  8. How to fix error 0x00000709 – operation could not be completed

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to fix error 0x00000709 – operation could not be completed: Quick Jump Causes of error 0x00000709 How to fix the error Method 1: Using the ‘Devices and Printers’ settings Method 2: Modification of Registry settings Method 3: Using third-party application software Final Word Sometimes, when trying to set up a newly added printer as the...
  9. the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it

in Windows 10 Support
    the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it: I am trying to rename a folder. I get the message below. [img] When I am doing this, I have closed all the files that were open. THe only thing I can think of is that there's still a file in that folder, in that instance of the program, that says...
  10. The action can't be completed.. open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    The action can't be completed.. open in another program: I see. LockHunter doesn't work on individual files in the Recycle Bin. So try this: [img]