Windows 10: Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..."

Discus and support Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..." in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever i tried copy, delete, rename or modify folder having a movie file with the appropriate .srt file, after watching them, i used to receive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kok8, Oct 10, 2016.

1. kok8 Win User

Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..."

Whenever i tried copy, delete, rename or modify folder having a movie file with the appropriate .srt file, after watching them, i used to receive the following error: "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.Close the folder and try again." *Sad

Following is the solution to my problem:

I found out that it was provoked my VLC movie player which i had it as default windows player.

The solution is quite easy: *chuckle

Open the Settings app and then click on "System". From the "System Settings" section look for "Default Apps" option in the left side. Scroll down a bit if you do not find the option.

Go to the right side and scroll down to “Set defaults by app”. From the left column choose "Movies & TV" app and from the right side “Choose defaults for this program” button, mark the "Choose all" option and then "Save". *Cool

:)

2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 10, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..."

1. Fix Error "Folder In Use The action can’t be completed..." - Similar Threads - Fix Error Folder

2. This action can’t be completed because the file is open in Windows host process Rundll32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This action can’t be completed because the file is open in Windows host process Rundll32: Whenever I try to delete, move, or otherwise change the location of a file I am met with this error code. This only occurs in my B drive, which is an internal SATA SSD....
  3. there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this: there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-enough-space-available-on-disks-to/49ed4cfa-3ef3-4ab4-ba7a-0b7f45b9e38e
  4. there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this: there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-enough-space-available-on-disks-to/49ed4cfa-3ef3-4ab4-ba7a-0b7f45b9e38e
  5. 'This action cannot be completed because the folder is open in windows explorer'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'This action cannot be completed because the folder is open in windows explorer': Hi, thank you in advance for helping me with this. So, I tried to delete a few files but it cannot proceed due to 'the folder is open in windows explorer. I try to use resmon.exe but still cannot delete the files. Any advice. Thank you once again....
  6. 'This action cannot be completed because the folder is open in windows explorer'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'This action cannot be completed because the folder is open in windows explorer': Hi, thank you in advance for helping me with this. So, I tried to delete a few files but it cannot proceed due to 'the folder is open in windows explorer. I try to use resmon.exe but still cannot delete the files. Any advice. Thank you once again....
  7. 'This action cannot be completed because the folder is open in windows explorer'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. catroot2 folder rename error : the action can't be completed because the folder or a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    catroot2 folder rename error : the action can't be completed because the folder or a file...: Gettng this error while trying to rename the catroot2 folder step. net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old net start wuauserv net start...
  9. Windows won’t complete load for can’t find desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won’t complete load for can’t find desktop folder: Hi, first post. My computer blue screened ( hasn’t in last 3 yrs so a reliable sort). On restart it says “location unavailable C:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop”, and then just keeps loopy error message and loads no more. if I goto that location there is indeed...
  10. the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it

in Windows 10 Support
    the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it: I am trying to rename a folder. I get the message below. [img] When I am doing this, I have closed all the files that were open. THe only thing I can think of is that there's still a file in that folder, in that instance of the program, that says...