Windows 10: Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder

Discus and support Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]While changing the installation drive on Steam, many users have reported coming across Failed to add new Steam library folder error. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder

Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder Fix-Failed-to-add-new-Steam-library-folder-1-e1650713876101.jpg
    While changing the installation drive on Steam, many users have reported coming across Failed to add new Steam library folder error. The problem mainly occurs during the game’s installation on a different drive. For instance, if you have two drives installed on your system – SSD and a regular Hard Drive. And Hard Drive is […]

This article Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 5, 2022
  2. RevoLand Win User

Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager (SLM) is a tool to manage your Steam Libraries quick and easy. With SLM you can administrate all of your games and backups from one place. Drag and drop between libraries and backup folders with ease. Works with existing Steam Backups or opt to use SLM's open system for fast updates and quick access to game files.

Benefits to using SLM over Steam Backup:
    • Backups can be updated quickly. No need to recreate the entire backup from scratch.
    • Backup files are open and easily accessible.
    • Workshop content and mods such as ENB, ReShade, and SweetFX get backed up automatically.
    • Faster backups, faster restores, works with or without Steam running.
    • Compression is available for those who want to keep things lean.
    • Built-in library cleaner for leftovers.
    • Free & Open-Source, MIT license.
    Screenshots:

Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder LibraryTab.png

Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder TaskManagerTab.png

Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder LibraryCleanerTab.png

Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder SettingsTab.png

Links:
    Latest Release (v1.4.4)
    GitHub Page (Sources)
    Steam Group

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

RevoLand, May 5, 2022
  3. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, May 5, 2022
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, May 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Fix Failed to add new Steam library folder - Similar Threads - Fix Failed add

2. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add network drive folders to a library: I have four shared folders from the same Windows 10 Home machine, all the same permissions. Each shared folder is a separate drive volume custom letters, I:\, M:\, R:\, V:\. I am able to successfully set them up as network drives on two other Windows 10 Home machines, but...
  3. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add network drive folders to a library: I have four shared folders from the same Windows 10 Home machine, all the same permissions. Each shared folder is a separate drive volume custom letters, I:\, M:\, R:\, V:\. I am able to successfully set them up as network drives on two other Windows 10 Home machines, but...
  4. Unable to add network drive folders to a library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to add folder to Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folder to Library: Hello everyone,Windows 11 home, version 23H2 build 22631.3155Took a photo using my HP laptop camera app, but it will not save the image, error code 0xA00F424F. When the laptop was purchased this worked. Note: all of the "My" folders have been mapped to new locations with "My...
  6. Unable to add folder to Library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add folder to Library: Hello everyone,Windows 11 home, version 23H2 build 22631.3155Took a photo using my HP laptop camera app, but it will not save the image, error code 0xA00F424F. When the laptop was purchased this worked. Note: all of the "My" folders have been mapped to new locations with "My...
  7. Fix New Steam library folder must be writable error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix New Steam library folder must be writable error: [IMG]Many users are reporting that when they try to create a new library they receive an error message that says New Steam library folder must be writable or Steam library folder is not writable. In this article, we are going to talk about ways to change Steam library...
  8. Can't add folders into libraries any more.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add folders into libraries any more.: [ATTACH] I did format and reinstalled window 10 yesterday. And created some libraries for my favorite folders already like always do after reinstalled. Today, I tried to creat extrea libraries but was not abled to add folders. creat "new library" choose "folder" click...
  9. Steam Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Library: Any Steam users here? Steam has updated the library with a new look. Not sure I like it yet. it was a bit buggy at first as the store wouldn't open as it should instantly or not at all. Then there was another update that seemed to fix that. Also to note is; any games you ever...
  10. Library folder create new library not working (not available)

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folder create new library not working (not available): See this: Create New Library in Windows 10 Pictures will help understand my problem. Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me. 1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty) 2) ... on...