Windows 10: Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework

Discus and support Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Last night's Windows Update failed to install. Update history shows:Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DBDOUG, Jan 28, 2023.

1. DBDOUG Win User

Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework

Last night's Windows Update failed to install. Update history shows:Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11 for x64 KB5022479Failed to install on 1/28/2023 - 0x80248007The Learn More link tells me to connect to the internet. I can't - haven't been able to connect today. Can I undo the attempt to install this Update? Can I restore to yesterday? Will I need to be connected to the internet to undo / restore?

:)

DBDOUG, Jan 28, 2023

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 28, 2023
  3. .NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework

1. Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework - Similar Threads - Fix failed Update

2. .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 & 4.8.1 Fails to Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 & 4.8.1 Fails to Update: I have some issues when I try to install this update for some reason I can't Install it, because it always fails to install it, I already tried multiple methods for it to install correctly.The error code that always shows up is 0x80092004, I'm currently using Windows 10 IoT...
  3. Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix failed Update Preview for .NET framework: Last night's Windows Update failed to install. Update history shows:Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11 for x64 KB5022479Failed to install on 1/28/2023 - 0x80248007The Learn More link tells me to connect to the internet. I can't -...
  4. KB4598299 Cumulative Update Preview .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8

in Windows 10 News
    KB4598299 Cumulative Update Preview .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8: February 2, 2021 - KB4598299 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 2004, Windows Server, version 2004, Windows 10, version 20H2, and Windows Server, version 20H2 The February 2, 2021 update for Windows 10, version 2004, Windows...
  5. Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework (KB4577324)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework (KB4577324): I accidentally installed a Preview Update, and I want to know how Preview Updates are patched later (since everyone is saying they are optional/for early testers and contain a lot of bugs): Do they get patched by another Preview Update the next month? Or, do they get...
  6. .NET Framework constantly updating and failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET Framework constantly updating and failing: Hi, I have been getting an update on my computer for the past month that has something to do with the .NET framework, but everytime it updates it immediately undo's the updates. I have tried resetting my pc and that hasn't worked. For now I have just paused all updates but I...
  7. .NET Framework Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework Update: So when I updated my laptop (Windows 10) as it rebooted it said "To use this application please update your .NET framework version. Do you want to update it?" And it gave me to options, "Yes" or "No". So I chose yes. It redirected me to this website......
  8. Preview Cumulative Update KB4469041 for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2

in Windows 10 News
    Preview Cumulative Update KB4469041 for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2: December 5, 2018 - KB4469041 Preview of Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 Applies to: .NET Framework Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are...
  9. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview (Offline Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview is a highly compatible, in-place update to the...
  10. Announcing the .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview: Announcing the .NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview We are pleased to announce the .NET Framework Preview 4.6.2. You can download the release from one of the following links: •.NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview – Standalone •.NET Framework 4.6.2 Preview – Web Bootstrapper •.NET...