Windows 10: Fix: False Notifications in the Windows 10 Action Center

Discus and support Fix: False Notifications in the Windows 10 Action Center in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers users a central location to view all the notifications from its Action Center. Besides viewing notifications, a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 12, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix: False Notifications in the Windows 10 Action Center

WinClub, Jan 12, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 12, 2019
  3. windows 10 action center notifications

Hi JCS,

For us to properly address your question, we would like to verify if we got your concern right. Are you trying to terminate the notification right away or let it stay visible for a few more seconds?

To change or adjust the time span of the notification, follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Ease of Access.
    • Click Other options.
    • In the right pane, look for Show notifications for, and adjust the duration.

Please ensure as well that your action center is configured properly. Check out the following links for more information:

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Mike327 Win User

Action Center not showing notifications

Action Center shows that I have notifications. However, when I open the Action Center there are no notifications; notifications not showing.
    This problem started after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 which was installed on 10/2.

I tried these suggestions and none of them fixed the problem:

Notifications ARE turned on

sfc /scannow - No integrity violations

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth - No component store corruption

Someone suggested deleting C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\usrclass.dat

Ran Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }

Mike327, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix: False Notifications in the Windows 10 Action Center - Similar Threads - Fix False Notifications

2. Constant False Notifications in Action Center (Win 10 20H2)

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant False Notifications in Action Center (Win 10 20H2): I keep getting notifications in the action center that my Ant-Virus Needs to be turned on! But I have 2 anti-virus programs (Malwarebytes and Acronis True Image) that are working all the time. After some conversations with Dell and Microsoft Tech Support it is clear that the...
  3. Notifications and action center not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications and action center not working in Windows 10: CLick on notifications in action center, most of the time do nothing. DO not open browser to view them. What causes this ? I tried the sfc line and DSM, both check and repairhealth, but I still have problems. SFC was clean, no errors, but I still ran DSM ( whatever its...
  4. Windows 10 Notifications and Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications and Action Center: Hello, I've been running into an odd windows 10 issue. No applications with the exception of these shown in the screenshot are showing in the Notifications and Actions Center. I've check recent Windows updates, verified ToastEnabled DWORD in registry, and enabled...
  5. Windows 10 View Action Center Notifications

Windows 10 View Action Center Notifications: Is there any way to view the notifications in Windows 10 Action Center WITHOUT clicking on the bottom right icon ?? Every time I click on action center icon when it shows i have notifications, the top area is completely blank !!! Please Help. And Thank you to all who reply...
  6. How to fix the Action Center not showing notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix the Action Center not showing notifications?: [img] 123209
  7. Windows 10 Action / Notification Center.

Windows 10 Action / Notification Center.: The brightness button in the Action/ Notification center does nothing when I click it. All other buttons are working normally. I use Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-action-notification-center/42cfad0d-b2f4-4770-ad97-db85395c31b6
  8. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  9. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  10. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968