Windows 10: Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]High CPU or Memory usage is known to slow down, hang, or freeze systems with Windows 10 installed in them. This high CPU usage could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 24, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Stevens79 Win User

High CPU and memory usage on Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge.

Wow, this reply really nailed it. For both Edge and Firefox, I monitored the CPU usage and picked a process with high CPU usage. I killed 1 process per app and the CPU went down to under an average of 10%.

One connection was Fox News (Firefox), but can't see which one was stopped in Edge.

Great suggestion!

Stevens79, Nov 24, 2019
  3. DenetteBoyd-King, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10

Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can understand it.

So to the answer; my CPU usage all of the sudden became high over the last few weeks, i'd tried to trouble shoot as others and Microsoft had suggested, though nothing worked. Microsoft has suggested to create a new account and transfer files which also proved
    fruitless after transferring files as explorer.exe again consumed high CPU usage. It was just luck that i stumbled across the solution in one of these threads that linked to an answer from 2011.

Firstly i just want to state that i did download process explorer and it had revealed it was explorer.exe causing high CPU usage and not a .dll file.

The solution:

Broken icons on desktop. That's it. After reading The Solution i found i had 3 desktop files with no
    icons at all. I deleted these three files (two shortcuts, one PDF) and instantly the CPU usage by explorer.exe dropped from a constant 38-40% down to 0.2%

I was wondering if someone or Microsoft might be able to clarify what causes this to actually happen?

Thank you

jeremymeehan, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10

1. Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Firefox high

2. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage: I have seen this particular issue all over the internet. Mine started right after I converted my Windows 10 MBR drive to GPT. WSAPPX started randomly going as high as 12gb of memory usage and 100% CPU usage. Long story short, MY resolution was to disable the start-up "Send to...
  3. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage: I have seen this particular issue all over the internet. Mine started right after I converted my Windows 10 MBR drive to GPT. WSAPPX started randomly going as high as 12gb of memory usage and 100% CPU usage. Long story short, MY resolution was to disable the start-up "Send to...
  4. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Best Fixes for Firefox High CPU Usage on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Best Fixes for Firefox High CPU Usage on Windows 11: While many users claim that Firefox is the best browser for customization, security, and speed, it does come with some problems. One of these is pushing the CPU so high that it affects the performance of Windows 11. You can quickly open your Task manager to see if the...
  6. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  7. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  8. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  9. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

10. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage: I recently had to move my Users folder from my C:\ drive SSD to the D:\ drive HDD as I was running out of disk pace. I did the move in safe mode by using robocopy without following links and then creating a junction to the D:\ drive. I was faced with three issues straight...