Windows 10: Fix for Canon printer not scanning after upgrade to WIndows 10

Discus and support Fix for Canon printer not scanning after upgrade to WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then my older Canon MP160 printer would no longer scan. It would print, but not scan. I saw a question about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seleah, Jan 9, 2019.

1. seleah Win User

Fix for Canon printer not scanning after upgrade to WIndows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then my older Canon MP160 printer would no longer scan. It would print, but not scan. I saw a question about this in the Microsoft community, but no fixes in the responses. You don't need to buy a new printer! After several attempts to fix the problem, I finally got the scanner to work! Here's what I had to do: First, I went to Control Panel, then under Hardware and Sound I clicked View Devices and Printers. Then I found my Canon MP160 in the list of devices, right clicked on it and selected "Remove Device". Next I went to Apps & Features, located the Canon MP160 software, clicked on it and selected "Uninstall" to remove the software. On the Canon website I searched for my printer at this link: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/drivers-downloads and since they displayed a note that there were no drivers for Windows 10 for my device, I downloaded the Windows 7 version of the Canon software. After downloading the driver installation file, I went to that file in my Downloads folder, right clicked on it, selected "Properties", clicked the "Compatibility" tab, and under "Compatibility Mode" checked the box Run This Program In Compatibility Mode For and in the drop-down underneath I selected Windows 7. Then I clicked "Apply" and "Okay", then ran the installation program. Once that is done, in order to start a scan you have to now start it from the computer, rather than from the printer "Scan" button. To start the scan from the computer, go to Control Panel, then View Devices and Printers, then right click the Canon printer and select "Start Scan". This is the only way the scan will start now, it can no longer be initiated directly from the printer. But it works now. I found that I had to uninstall everything first, not just try reinstalling the Canon software because that didn't work. It didn't work until I uninstalled everything first and followed the steps I just listed.

:)

seleah, Jan 9, 2019
  2. fgc1941 Win User

Canon printer won't scan...

I have a Canon Image Class D420 printer/scanner. Obviously I don't scan very often... as I noticed this a week ago then today I had time to try again (the scanner worked before Windows 10 upgrade). It will not scan a photo to my PC, the printer/scanner
    is on and in print mode all is well but does nothing as far as a scan. Tried to download the scan app but the spinning wheel just keeps going around. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fgc1941, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Canon MX870 will no longer scan after installing windows 10

Canon MX870 all in one printer will no longer scan with windows 10. I have upgraded the drivers and software, and still nothing. I am using USB. The printer window shows "Set the window to start scanning."

Does anyone have any suggestions. Canon was not able to help at all.

Thank you so very much.

Carole

caroleownsED12, Jan 9, 2019
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Canon Pixma MP620 drivers don't seem to exist yet.

They will walk you thru every step to fix your problem, their pretty good fixing problems with windows 10 and their printers. Good luck Wayne!!
    Mike.. Fix for Canon printer not scanning after upgrade to WIndows 10 :)

OldMike65, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix for Canon printer not scanning after upgrade to WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Canon printer

2. Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10: Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10. When attempting to scan error message appears " WIA driver needed". I have downloaded the correct driver from Canon but no success. Any suggestions?...
  3. Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10: Canon MP495 will print but not scan after Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10. When attempting to scan error message appears " WIA driver needed". I have downloaded the correct driver from Canon but no success. Any suggestions?...
  4. Unable to scan on Canon mx432 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to scan on Canon mx432 printer: My Canon mx432 printer is offline. When I try to uncheck the "printer offline" box, it won't let me uncheck it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scan-on-canon-mx432-printer/c89ff4ba-b8c3-404c-a816-90f5c4287a24
  5. Windows 10 scanning with Canon MX860 printer

Windows 10 scanning with Canon MX860 printer: Hello All, I have just purchased a new computer a Windows 10, I want to scan a document on my old printer and create a PDF, with my old computer I would do it from my printer, but with my new computer the creation of a scanned document to PDF is not working via my printer how...
  6. Canon MG 5140 printer scanning

Canon MG 5140 printer scanning: My Canon MG 5140printer used to scan without ink. Now it won't (or something else is the problem). It prints fine. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mg-5140-printer-scanning/1cbe16b5-d2fb-42da-a209-7a71b2b98c49
  7. Steps to Fix Canon Printer Offline Windows 10

Steps to Fix Canon Printer Offline Windows 10: Hello buddy, Everyone has a printer nowadays so the problem arises so this discussion helps you to fix the error related to Canon Printer Offline Windows 10. Easy Steps For Canon Printer Offline Windows 10 Solution 1: Check power Supply Before going to any further...
  8. Scanning from Canon MG2240 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning from Canon MG2240 printer: I have installed student version Microsoft 10 2018 Canon printer has scanning operation but the laptop does not pick up scan I can print from the printer Does anyone know what is wrong?...
  9. Scanning from Canon printer TS9020

Scanning from Canon printer TS9020: I Installed printer/scanner and printing works fine, but when I try to scan, I get an error message. Instructions show Grant access permission to the specified folder. How do I do this?...
  10. Unable to scan with Canon MX300 after Windows Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to scan with Canon MX300 after Windows Upgrade.: I can print with the Canon MX300 but no longer scan since the conversion to Windows 10. I have attempted updating the driver. Windows reports the most up to date driver is already installed on my computer. I have gone through the troubleshooting process etc etc etc. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my canon C1325 copier do not scan because of Windows update

2. printer will not scan after upgrade to windows 10

3. canon mdf-8350 not scanning after windows update