Windows 10: Fix for legacy Lenovo Laptop dock with no sound from dock output jack

Discus and support Fix for legacy Lenovo Laptop dock with no sound from dock output jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; FIXED: RELOAD THE AUDIO SOFTWARE FROM YOUR COMPUTER MANUFACTURER. Problem: No sound from Lenovo mini dock headphone/aux speaker jack. Laptop sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimRollins1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Fix for legacy Lenovo Laptop dock with no sound from dock output jack

FIXED: RELOAD THE AUDIO SOFTWARE FROM YOUR COMPUTER MANUFACTURER.

Problem: No sound from Lenovo mini dock headphone/aux speaker jack. Laptop sound jack OK.

Most Lenovo laptops, and many other brands, use Conexant 20672 Smart Audio. I believe mine was corrupted by one of the Microsoft updates. I am running Window 10/64 v1809 on a Lenovo T420s. The T420 was originally a Windows 7 laptop that is not supported by Lenovo for Windows 10 but the Windows 7 Conexant software will work just fine if reloaded. The Windows 8 Conexant software will likely work also.You can check/verify your Audio Software manufacturer using Device Manager and selecting Audio. Recommend uninstalling the Audio driver before proceeding with the following.

Instructions for Lenovo laptop similar for other laptops like HP: Go to Lenovo.com and navigate to Drivers and software…do not use the auto update! Have Lenovo self-detect your computer. The site may require installing the Lenovo Service Bridge. After detection of your proper model, select “Manual” on the top line and select “Software and Drivers”

Pick Audio and open up the latest Windows Conexant Software. If , like me you had to use a Windows 7/64 selection that’s OK Windows 10 will load the most current driver for Windows 10 on restart.

Download the Conexant 20672 Smart Audio Software and install. Then Restart.

:)

JimRollins1, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Ed Fisher Win User

Lenovo T450S laptop docking station issue

I am having difficulty utilizing a docking station with my Lenovo T450s laptop. I purchased the laptop in 2016 and it is running Windows 10. At the time of purchase I also bought a Lenovo docking station. At the suggestion of an IT person, I recently purchased a "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station.

The issue I am having now with both docking stations is that my second monitor does not get detected and only works when I connect directly to the laptop and it does not transfer the wired internet signal from the docking station to the laptop. The signal is fine when I connect directly to the laptop. All of the USB ports on the laptop are USB 3.0.

I was under the impression that I could plug the power for the laptop and one cable from the docking station and would be good to go. The printers connected through the docking stations work fine. I take my laptop home with me every day from work. Any suggestions to try?

Ed Fisher, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Headphone Jack does not work in Lenovo T520 docking station under Windows 10

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check.

Solved: Re: Thinkpad T520 Headphone Jack on Docking Station - Lenovo Community

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jan 12, 2020
  4. PaulN-SF Win User

Fix for legacy Lenovo Laptop dock with no sound from dock output jack

Headphone Jack does not work in Lenovo T520 docking station under Windows 10

I've updated my Lenove T520 laptop to Windows 10. The headphone jack on the docking station does not work. If I plug the headphones directly into the laptop, they work fine. But I have a set of speakers attached to the docking station and these will
    not work. Any ideas or fixes? Microsoft, I read that this might be a bug in Windows 10 -- when can we expect a fix??

PaulN-SF, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Fix for legacy Lenovo Laptop dock with no sound from dock output jack

1. Fix for legacy Lenovo Laptop dock with no sound from dock output jack - Similar Threads - Fix legacy Lenovo

2. What is DOCK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is DOCK: After a recent re-boot, a bar similar to the Windows Taskbar showed up on my Desktop. It offered an "About" option. I clicked that and this was displayed. This link will tell you what OneLaunch is. https://onelaunch.com/ I believe OneLaunch was used in a recent remote-in to...
  3. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  4. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  5. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  6. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?: ugh...how do you listen to get audio output to pair with bluet tooth and a JBL charge 4, with my zenbook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-jack-for-sound-audio-on-zenbook-laptop/f5b144de-1957-4e99-a0d5-2ae5010bb325
  8. Targus Dock

Targus Dock: Please help. I connected a targus travel dock to my desktop computer and set up a dual monitor and it worked fine. I disconnected the dock and monitor to use the 2nd screen on my laptop and it worked well with the dock. Then when reconnecting dock to desktop computer the...
  9. no sound on output jack

no sound on output jack: I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with Windows 10. Thanks. 148833
  10. DOCKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    DOCKING: I have somehow created a "docking" situation on my laptop screen. I do NOT want this and don't have a clue how to undo it. Any help anywhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking/9a06e243-c7de-4807-b72f-e051cf48f6e8